FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP]PPCC - A WP7-Style PC Controller

51 posts
Thanks Meter: 27

Post Reply Email Thread
I just finished making the first version of this app...[2012/9/5]
PPCC - Stands for [Pocket PC - PC - Controller]...
You now can use your phone as a PC controller..
Here's the review:

Requirements:
  1. a WVGA resolution Windows Mobile(Pocket PC)
  2. .NET CF 3.5
  3. NETCFv35.Messages.EN.cab
  4. GSensor(I can make another version without GSensor..If you can't run this and you need a non-GSensor version, give a feedback here..)
  5. .NET 3.5 on your PC

Features:
  • Keyboard..
  • Numeric Keypad
  • Need For Speed
  • Simple Gamepad(Call of Duty)
  • PowerPoint
  • You can create your own controller with CEditor on PC..
I might release CEditor as soon as my Youtube channel gets more than 100 subscribers..My Youtube Channel

What's not that good:
After running a controller, you can only exit by clicking home button and then use task manager to close it.
Somehow it won't work as good as you expect.. my suggestion is.. use it as a PowerPoint controller or a numeric keypad..That's enough...

Why I made this app ... now??
I think this idea is great.. But due to my poor ability I can only make a Windows Mobile app now.. I hope someone can port this app to other phone devices like Android, iPhone, Windows Phone.. If you can and you're willing to do this.. PM me.. Maybe we can set up a team together...

How to use it?
  1. Install PPCCv1.0.CAB on your phone
  2. Connect the phone to your PC via Bluetooth or USB with Windows Mobile Device Center/Activesync
  3. Open the "PPCC - PCserver.exe" on your PC
  4. Open the PPCC on your phone
  5. Select the controller you want..Done...

And..
I found that something called DroidMote on Android does almost the same thing.. But I knew it from the XDA Portal(on 2012/8/30) a few days after I started making this app.. And I haven't tried out DroidMote or even watched the video demo of it. I keep making this app work in my way. I swear I didn't ever steal zulu99's idea!! Including the CEditor.. I was so suprised that zulu99 had made "Touch Profile Creator" and it looks exactly like what I thought that CEditor was...I'm sad...
Attached Files
File Type: zip PPCC v1.0.zip - [Click for QR Code] (28.7 KB, 297 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TangoChen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TangoChen Ad-Free

5th September 2012, 04:44 PM |#2  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Guangzhou

Donate to Me
More
Reserved..
5th September 2012, 04:46 PM |#3  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Guangzhou

Donate to Me
More
Reserved..
[Would this be used?]
5th September 2012, 06:33 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 640

More
Really don't want to bother you: I'm using frreware TeamViewer to remotely control my desktop. Available for Android and WinMo. What does your work it better?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)