CyanogenMod 9 Beta 1: Android 4.0.4 for the Epic 4G Touch

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,009

By CMTeamEpic, Retired Recognized Developer on 7th September 2012, 07:24 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
CM9 Beta 1: Android 4.0.4 for the Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Team Epic and CM are proud to announce the release of CyanogenMod 9 Beta 1 for the Samsung Epic 4G Touch

CM9 Beta 1 release notes
CM9 Alpha 6 release notes
CM9 Alpha 5 release notes
CM9 Alpha 4 release notes
CM9 Alpha 3 release notes
CM9 Alpha 2 release notes
CM9 Alpha 1 release notes

please read the cm9 status page and the cm9 install guide for details!

For general discussion and support on xda, head over to the general thread
The Following 113 Users Say Thank You to CMTeamEpic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CMTeamEpic Ad-Free
7th September 2012, 07:25 AM |#2  
Immokalee/Tampa FL
Thanks Meter: 6,197

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sratwars

idk why but this is draining battery faster than cm10

sent from my sph-d710 using xda app-developers app

stuff like this is frustrating to read, even as an observer and not a developer. There's no information in your post to indicate your install process or any other diagnostic details for anyone to help you troubleshoot. What response are you looking for posting something as uninformative as that? If it's instructions on how to properly install this rom, go look on the first page and follow the link to the blog with a ton of useful information.

Sent from my sph-d710 using xda premium

Post of the year!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to slick_rick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift slick_rick Ad-Free
7th September 2012, 07:25 AM |#3  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,635

Donate to Me
More
Awesome...
The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to chris41g For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chris41g Ad-Free
7th September 2012, 07:31 AM |#4  
Cleveland OH
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Yes!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
7th September 2012, 07:32 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Cool

7th September 2012, 07:33 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I don't know if this is happening to anyone else but the capacitive buttons are acting weird. They will turn off after inactivity then come on again before turning off a second time. This happens after every period of inactivity.

This release is pretty awesome thus far. I got GPS lock in my bed like it was nothing.
7th September 2012, 07:44 AM |#7  
Flag Cybertron/Earth
Thanks Meter: 1,056

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Venture

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else but the capacitive buttons are acting weird. They will turn off after inactivity then come on again before turning off a second time. This happens after every period of inactivity.

what do you think they should do?
7th September 2012, 07:53 AM |#8  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 197

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Venture

softkey menu, system settings> advanced > keys backlight and backlight timeout. just making sure you're aware of this panel. I'm also hoping you did a full wipe before install.
7th September 2012, 07:57 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebowski

softkey menu, system settings> advanced > keys backlight and backlight timeout. just making sure you're aware of this panel. I'm also hoping you did a full wipe before install.

Yeah I did a full wipe. I went back to stock a couple of days ago and immediately back to CM9 once I saw beta was out. I changed the timeout to 2 seconds, down from 3, and it still goes off and turns back on before turning off again... I guess I'll play around and see if I can fix it.
7th September 2012, 08:06 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Amazing work guys!
7th September 2012, 08:07 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
So far so good except for the compass being backwards

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vandizzam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vandizzam Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development
Previous Thread Next Thread