To be honest, this is not tablet mode at all, it has nothing to do with silly build.prop hacks. This is the first and only Android rom to feature true Hybrid mode. This rom lets you scale and project every app, every widget, even system components individually. Remember, android is modular, everything is an app: Lockscreen, navigationbar, dialogs, popups, keyboards, widgets, and your regular apps of course. Apps have the capability to switch into various designs or layouts according to the device they run on. This can result in a complete new experience as many apps will transform to the better. Now for every element that you like choose a mode (PhoneUI, Phablet/Nexus-7UI, TabletUI) and/or a size. You are 100% independent of the system DPI which runs nicely in whatever value it has been assigned to. You do not need to boot your phone into a certain DPI. Neither will most of the changes you apply require a reboot. You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode. Your market, phone, etc. will all work, apps won't shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself.
This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of your phone.
- CWM Install ROM from here (MD5: 9E01D449FC3D6BB9442FAD05A7CCB668)
- CWM Install Gapps from here
- CWM If you're coming from any other rom, Wipe Cache / Factory Reset (May work without fullwipe from older PA versions or AOSP JB)
- CWM Wipe Cache Partition
- CWM Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
If you have trouble booting right after you flash, try flashing the kernel via fastboot:
- extract boot.img from the zip
- boot in to bootloader (turn off phone, hold the vol up button, and plug in usb cable)
- fastboot -i 0x0fce flash boot boot.img
This rom is based on FreeXperia's CM10 and therefore anything that doesn't work there, will not work here.
- Camera does not work
If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
- Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
- Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
- If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.
- Paranoid webpage: http://www.paranoid-rom.com/
- Get PA synced to your dropbox folder automatically, apply here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1820276
- Themes and other goodies you can find here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1646034
Donations to molesarecoming, D4rKn3sSyS, Cyanogenmod