Funny story how I received my HTC One S...

Search This thread

vanbroekjames

Aug 28, 2012
Interesting little story about how I received my One S:

For the past year or so, I was using the T-Mobile LG G2x. Good at first, then I started to really dislike the phone for a variety of reasons. I ended up dropping my phone about a month after receiving it, cracking the top of the screen. The phone was still fully functional.

So last month I'm like, you know what, I'm tired of looking at the crack, let me use my insurance/deductable to get a new one. I file my claim online (130$) and they send me a refurbished G2x with a Samsung battery....

So I call them up; they apologize profusely and I request to just have them send me the new battery. They said they couldn't because "the whole package has to be together." They said they looked in their inventory and they are out of stock on the G2x (presumably since they no longer produce them). They said they would be able to offer me another device, a brand new HTC One S, to try for a week; if I like it I can keep it, if not I can return it and we can discuss other devices.

Safe to say, I love the HTC One S. It is the best phone I have ever used and I plan on using it for a long time.

Funny how things work out eh?

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
Cool story bro.

If only we had such customer service in the UK! The One S is a very nice phone you'll enjoy it :D

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

jriv

Apr 13, 2010
Princeton,MN
Glad asurian worked out for you. They drove me crazy when I had to deal with them. Make sure you flash some cm10 its just pure awesomeness

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

k1llacanon

Jun 3, 2012
No make sure u flash venom is awesome

vanbroekjames

Aug 28, 2012
I've never rooted and flashed a ROM. Im too scared I'd brick my phone or something similar; I'm not the smartest when it comes to things like that guide or not lol.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda app-developers app

k1llacanon

Jun 3, 2012
I've never rooted and flashed a ROM. Im too scared I'd brick my phone or something similar; I'm not the smartest when it comes to things like that guide or not lol.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda app-developers app

It's hard to brick your phone very hard if your not trying to do it someone made a thread how to brick their one s that's how hard it is if ur not trying at the most you'll go into a bootloop Nd easy to get out of its the part of learning it took Me 1week to root my phone and 6 attempts to get my first good Rom on its just a part of learning now it never happens to me cuz I understand it all one s was my first android phone