FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Unfortunately trebuchet has stopped, fix, Dirty Bean 5.3

36 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By Efros, Member on 9th September 2012, 01:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I got myself into trouble on my teamdrh Dirty Bean 5.3 gtab yesterday. I had been changing a few settings and returned to the home screen and got a "Unfortunately trebuchet has stopped" message. Clicked that and it just kept reappearing, after a few minutes a complete re-install seemed imminent, having just got all my apps in place I didn't want to do that. Checking out here and a few other places didn't yield much until I stumbled on a post that talked about the persistent search bar. Getting back into settings from the taskbar, going to Interface->Launcher->Homescreen-> Enable Persistent Search Bar was unchecked, checking it got rid of the message and made the tablet usable again. If disabling this causes the system to effectively become unusable perhaps this option should be greyed out or just not available. Anyway if you get into this situation this is how to get out of it, not brilliant, not earth shattering but hopefully will save you some time and a reinstall.

17th September 2012, 11:00 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efros

I got myself into trouble on my teamdrh Dirty Bean 5.3 gtab yesterday. I had been changing a few settings and returned to the home screen and got a "Unfortunately trebuchet has stopped" message. Clicked that and it just kept reappearing, after a few minutes a complete re-install seemed imminent, having just got all my apps in place I didn't want to do that. Checking out here and a few other places didn't yield much until I stumbled on a post that talked about the persistent search bar. Getting back into settings from the taskbar, going to Interface->Launcher->Homescreen-> Enable Persistent Search Bar was unchecked, checking it got rid of the message and made the tablet usable again. If disabling this causes the system to effectively become unusable perhaps this option should be greyed out or just not available. Anyway if you get into this situation this is how to get out of it, not brilliant, not earth shattering but hopefully will save you some time and a reinstall.

Your fix didn't work for me however it put me on the path to resolution.

I rcvd the same Trebuchet error every time I installed a new app. I modified the Launcher>HomeScreen>Homescreens to 4 from 2. Presto, issue resolved. The system was trying to place an icon on a homescreen for a new app and there wasn't free space on my homesreens. Increasing the number of homescreens resolved the issue.

Thx
24th September 2012, 10:28 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
It appears the launcher crashes when you have icons on the screen, which is no longer visible (because I reduced the number of screens without removing icons first or app added an icon, not sure about the latter). Increasing the number of screens, removing the icons from the screen farthest to the right, changing back to few screens, and all is well again. Thanks jobless and Efros.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mahodges For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mahodges Ad-Free
19th October 2012, 03:09 AM |#4  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 0

More
When will the Dirty Bean beta be released?
16th January 2013, 02:40 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Angry
this will also happen to you if you disable page indicators...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
jelly bean, stopped, teamdrh, treduchet

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)