FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][.45][OC]PowerXperia

62 posts
Thanks Meter: 32

By ladynaamah, Member on 11th September 2012, 02:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ok, I really should contribute to the community somehow So I decided to fix any little problem in my rom i'm currently using and release it, so people like me, that means people who like clean and tidy ROMs with some extra horsepower under the hood and few tweaks that increases usefulness of their device a bit will have their life a little bit easier because I'll try to implement as much awesomeness without unnecessary bloatware to this ROM and learn a bit about modding in the process

And I proudly present you PowerXperia ROM for Xperia S

It's based on official .45 ROM, with following changes:
Quote:

StatusBar toggles
Percentage battery mod
^ these two were one mod, p3001ee's statusbarmod with quickpanelsettings.

krabappel2548's XperiaSSpeed Kernel V6 with stock bootlogo and "Xperia" background in recovery

serajr's xperia s customizable home launcher

ROM is debloated and some handy apps are included

Known issues & TODO:
Quote:

- When lockscreen disabled and waking up phone with camera button, blank form appear that is canceled by any action. This is caused by Camera app.
- AROMA installer - honestly, i am aware that apps I use aren't apps that everyone want to use

Feel free to post suggestions/critic/bug reports/giving thanks etc.

Feel free to mirror, just let me know, ok?

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damage caused to your phone. You are using this at your own risk, and if you are not willing to take it, do not proceed. Please read carefully all the information below, It's wise to prevent problems...

Installation process:
Quote:

This is currently standard recovery flashable ZIP file. If you do not have access to recovery you may want to read this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1793272 there are several ways how to boot into recovery, you may use any method, the recovery will be reflashed anyway. This rom also requires unlocked bootloader.

1) Place installation package anywhere on your internal card.
2) Boot into recovery (usually with pressing vol up button when prompted by kernel)
3) Select install zip from sdcard.
4) Select choose zip from sdcard
5) Find installation package on SD Card and confirm installation
6) Wait until updater finishes his job and wipe cache partition or (optional) perform hard reset.
7) Profit

First boot takes a lil bit longer, don't be scared

DOWNLOAD:
Uloz.to
uploaded.to
(will add some more mirrors soon)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-11-14-53-50.jpg
Views:	1652
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	1318554   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-11-14-54-15.jpg
Views:	1753
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	1318555   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-11-14-54-38.jpg
Views:	1641
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1318556  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ladynaamah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ladynaamah Ad-Free

11th September 2012, 02:01 PM |#2  
OP Member

More
reserved
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladynaamah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ladynaamah Ad-Free
11th September 2012, 02:25 PM |#3  
Flag Rajkot
Thanks Meter: 1,099

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladynaamah

Ok, I really should contribute to the community somehow So I decided to fix any little problem in my rom i'm currently using and release it, so people like me, that means people who like clean and tidy ROMs with some extra horsepower under the hood and few tweaks that increases usefulness of their device a bit will have their life a little bit easier because I'll try to implement as much awesomeness without unnecessary bloatware to this ROM and learn a bit about modding in the process

And I proudly present you PowerXperia ROM for Xperia S

It's based on official .45 ROM, with following changes:

Known issues & TODO:

Feel free to post suggestions/critic/bug reports/giving thanks etc.

Feel free to mirror, just let me know, ok?

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damage caused to your phone. You are using this at your own risk, and if you are not willing to take it, do not proceed. Please read carefully all the information below, It's wise to prevent problems...

Installation process:

First boot takes a lil bit longer, don't be scared

DOWNLOAD:
Uploading in progress... stay tuned

Good to have another rom... But this is more like a combination of some mods that you have done on your stock rom with krabe's kernel and made it a power rom...
Anyways one new rom for us.. Cheers

Edit : you already told these in the beginning.. My bad :P

Use the thank button, it's there for a reason
Sent from my LT26i using xda premium
11th September 2012, 02:26 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
exciting stuff!! Btw, is it overclocked by default??
11th September 2012, 02:37 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Harsh7689: The point of this ROM is to ease the effort patching it up to others with similar requirements from their device. I've not said that I have done something special, I don't know java and I know very little from bash and other scripting... only thing I've learned up to today is to find a mod, test it and if it works well use it until i find better. This is my little I can do for the community... Maybe I'll learn from this baby-in-sandbox project something that will allow me to do a bit more for community than this... I agree, it's nothing much fancy, but it might help someone, that's why I posted it here.

imrock: It's kernel is krabappel2548's XperiaSSpeed Kernel V6, so yes, it is overclocked by default and can be overclocked up to 1899 MHz, which me personally finds quite hazardous Anyway default overclock is somewhere around 1,7 GHz which is safe value The package also contains Voltage Control free edition, which will allow you to alter those values to your taste
11th September 2012, 02:46 PM |#6  
Flag Rajkot
Thanks Meter: 1,099

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladynaamah

Harsh7689: The point of this ROM is to ease the effort patching it up to others with similar requirements from their device. I've not said that I have done something special, I don't know java and I know very little from bash and other scripting... only thing I've learned up to today is to find a mod, test it and if it works well use it until i find better. This is my little I can do for the community... Maybe I'll learn from this baby-in-sandbox project something that will allow me to do a bit more for community than this... I agree, it's nothing much fancy, but it might help someone, that's why I posted it here.

imrock: It's kernel is krabappel2548's XperiaSSpeed Kernel V6, so yes, it is overclocked by default and can be overclocked up to 1899 MHz, which me personally finds quite hazardous Anyway default overclock is somewhere around 1,7 GHz which is safe value The package also contains Voltage Control free edition, which will allow you to alter those values to your taste

Truly said +1

I know this that's why I thanked you first thank of the rom

Use the thank button, it's there for a reason
Sent from my LT26i using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to -Harsh- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -Harsh- Ad-Free
11th September 2012, 02:54 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Glad you agree uploaded.to mirror nearly ready. Will add it to first post By the way, thanks for thanks
11th September 2012, 06:32 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
after desperate messing with aroma installer i have another idea how to contribute to community tool that generates aroma scripts
The Following User Says Thank You to ladynaamah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ladynaamah Ad-Free
11th September 2012, 08:19 PM |#9  
Flag Panama
Thanks Meter: 24

More
What is the difference between this "ROM"and the other ones like Eratcher and DualCore "ROMS"
11th September 2012, 11:08 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
It is supposed to be as much stock as possible, while getting some extra functionality, to be honest, i'm not keen using AOSP - themed rom, if i would want to, i'd bought galaxy nexus... i've bought xperia cause i like it's design... by the way, being arrogant and rude is not the best way how to support someone trying to learn something...
11th September 2012, 11:34 PM |#11  
Flag Ribeirão Preto
Thanks Meter: 2,330

More
Could you send me the kernel only, if possible?

Sent from my LT26i with Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ics rom powerxperia

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)