FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Would you like OTA updates through ROM Manager and/or GooManager?

Yes

260 Vote(s)
92.20%
No

22 Vote(s)
7.80%

[SEMI-NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 10 Semi-Nightlies - modpunks work

1,139 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,201

By dudeman1996, Senior Member on 12th September 2012, 12:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
As you should know, CyanogenMod 10 in itself is still a work in progress. The ROM still isn't near completion and a good bunch of features are still missing that were in for example CM9. So what I've decided to do is provide nightly builds of CM10 using modpunks work. Even though modpunk left as he has a new phone, his work on CM10 is basically complete since as far as I can tell everything works.

These builds will be nightly builds because every day cm change something in their code, some of these are feature adds some are bug fixes. These nighties can include the fixes and I am in no way working on or helping modpunk on cm10. I'm just providing nightly builds because CM10 is changing constantly and modpunk won't be uploading daily builds.

Changelogs are going to be a hard thing to do, so what I suggest is that you take a look here for a nightly changelog. It says it's for the GSM Galaxy Nexus, but it still includes the upstream CM changes. A guide to understanding this changelog is that all the changes start with the specific repo that has been modified (for example, if something in the framework was changed, the change will begin with "framework:"). If the first bit is anything other than a device (e.g. "i9000:", "maguro:", "toro:", etc.) then it's upstream and is included in the nightly.

I've created a script (which is here if anyone is interested), that will build and upload a nightly every day. And I guess that's all there is to it.

Downloads will all be hosted at the link below and obviously the file with the most recent date is the latest nightly.

http://www.goo.im/devs/dudeman1996/C...ghtlies_marvel
The Following 59 Users Say Thank You to dudeman1996 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dudeman1996 Ad-Free

12th September 2012, 12:31 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
I guess no love for marvelc?

Sent from my marvelc using xda app-developers app
12th September 2012, 12:59 AM |#3  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 171

More
How it is diff from modpunks a0?
Anyway we are happy now...u and benny are working on JB...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using xda app-developers app
12th September 2012, 01:13 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Last .zip in your Goo.im is for daily use? Something fixed of modpunks Alpha0?

A little question... If I want to install the package "cm-10-20120911-EXPERIMENTAL-marvel-NIGHTLY.zip", can I overwrite it in my ROM? Or I have to do all the wipes and install like a new one?

Thanks!
12th September 2012, 02:21 AM |#5  
Flag CLASSIFIED
Thanks Meter: 205

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyerabend

Last .zip in your Goo.im is for daily use? Something fixed of modpunks Alpha0?

A little question... If I want to install the package "cm-10-20120911-EXPERIMENTAL-marvel-NIGHTLY.zip", can I overwrite it in my ROM? Or I have to do all the wipes and install like a new one?

Thanks!

no wipes required, just flash it..
The Following User Says Thank You to blogslogger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blogslogger Ad-Free
12th September 2012, 02:22 AM |#6  
Flag portugal
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartboy0668

How it is diff from modpunks a0?
Anyway we are happy now...u and benny are working on JB...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using xda app-developers app

Same question.
12th September 2012, 07:54 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
London, UK

More
Okay I'll clear this up and put it in op later. These builds will be nightly builds because every day cm change something in their code, some of these are feature adds some are bug fixes. These nighties can include the fixes and I am in no way working on or helping modpunk on cm10. I'm just providing nightly builds because CM10 is changing constantly and modpunk won't be uploading daily builds.
As for marvelc, it'll be coming soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dudeman1996 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dudeman1996 Ad-Free
12th September 2012, 06:12 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
London, UK

More
New nightly is out. And as per request, it's now under my section in ROM Manager and Goo Manager (which has to be downloaded separately from the Play Store).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dudeman1996 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dudeman1996 Ad-Free
12th September 2012, 08:07 PM |#9  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 1,450

More
Is that now the unofficial development?

Any known bugs?

Thank you for that post, I was so waiting for a new build
12th September 2012, 09:00 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iH8ra!n

Is that now the unofficial development?

Any known bugs?

Thank you for that post, I was so waiting for a new build

iH8ra!n please next time could you either read through the whole thread properly or use the search feature, thanks. Anyway Dudeman's already explained this. Quote below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeman1996

Okay I'll clear this up and put it in op later. These builds will be nightly builds because every day cm change something in their code, some of these are feature adds some are bug fixes. These nighties can include the fixes and I am in no way working on or helping modpunk on cm10. I'm just providing nightly builds because CM10 is changing constantly and modpunk won't be uploading daily builds.
As for marvelc, it'll be coming soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

The Following User Says Thank You to Dillllz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dillllz Ad-Free
12th September 2012, 09:23 PM |#11  
Flag portugal
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Thank's a lot this working realy better than the modpunks Rom. The home bottons now light and it's faster
I thing there is very much work to do, but now we have a ROM that can be used every day.
Try to edit the notification bar, the clan botton don't appear....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm10, jelly bean, nightlies

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)