FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GENERAL][ROM] CM9.1 RC4.1 for Galaxy Ace S5830 [24/11/2012]

991 posts
Thanks Meter: 485

By Millenium3, Senior Member on 12th September 2012, 01:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, fellow Ace users!

This is the General Thread for CM9.1 ROM for Galaxy Ace S5830 by Wayland_Ace.

I made this thread with the purpose of keeping the DEV thread clean. And also the old GENERAL thread is kind of outdated.

You can post questions, doubts, bugs, fixes, etc. related to the ROM here. Let's keep the DEV thread clean of spams, questions/bugs already posted, or non-DEV related posts.

Important/Useful Links:

CM9.1 DEV Thread (download ROM from here)

Reported bugs list

CM10/CM9 by Bieltv3 & Daredj

GPS fix patches & app

Kernel for ICS&JB by nims

Q&A Section for CM9-CM10

Proper Q&A Section for S5830 + B/D/L/T ONLY

ROM flashing instructions:

This ROM is for SAMSUNG Galaxy Ace S5830 & some variants only (mine's S5830B), NOT for S5830i. There´s separate development section for S5830i in XDA.

1. Install CWM (ClockWorkMod) Recovery (version 5.0.2.6 recommended) in your Ace. Use search for more info & download.
2. Download the ROM from the DEV thread and copy it to your SD card.
3. Reboot your phone into recovery mode, by pressing Volume Down + Home button when turning the phone on.
4. DO A CWM Backup before anything. Backups and restore> Backup.
5. Do a full wipe (data - cache - dalvik cache in advanced) before flashing the ROM.
6. Now flash the ROM. Install zip from sdcard> choose zip from sdcard> select the file> and flash it.
7. Reboot your phone. It could take like 1~3 minutes when first time flashed the ROM, so have patience.
Done! Enjoy your Ace running on CyanogenMod!!

*Neither the developer nor I'm responsible for any damage, brick, etc. to your phone. Do this at your own risk.

PD: Be free to visit my tutorial of Android Parental Control & Keylogging!!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Millenium3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Millenium3 Ad-Free

12th September 2012, 01:07 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seoul

More
Phone Screenshots
ROM Info:

Settings:

Performance:

Lockscreen:

Trebuchet:

Others:
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Millenium3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Millenium3 Ad-Free
13th September 2012, 07:35 PM |#3  
Flag Nicolest, jud.Mures
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Millenium3, do the "Maps live wallpapers" works?
13th September 2012, 10:45 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seoul

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-sty

Millenium3, do the "Maps live wallpapers" works?

Not for me... i get FC

But let's see what we get in Wayland's future releases from scratch

Sent from a certain Galaxy Ace.
A thanks will be appreciated!
14th September 2012, 04:58 PM |#5  
Flag Santiago de Surco, Lima, Perú
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Hi, I want help to test this ROM, I have an S5830L (latinamerican version), I know it has different modem than original S5830, and I don't want to have problems with 3g access, Any advice?. currently I have stock ROM UBKPL 2.3.6 + cf-root 84ex (I will reflash this stock ROM before flash CM9.1)

Regards,

vldesco
14th September 2012, 11:52 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seoul

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vldesco

Hi, I want help to test this ROM, I have an S5830L (latinamerican version), I know it has different modem than original S5830, and I don't want to have problems with 3g access, Any advice?. currently I have stock ROM UBKPL 2.3.6 + cf-root 84ex (I will reflash this stock ROM before flash CM9.1)

Regards,

vldesco

Hello

I think S5830L should work with no problem like my S5830B (Brazilian Variant).. but DO A CWM BACKUP

To use 3G you should have correct apn settings.

If 3G doesn't work after entering the same apn settings as you had in your before ROM, go to here, find your carrier, and enter those settings.
15th September 2012, 07:25 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have updated my galaxy ace to android 4.04 through cynomodgen9 but after updation i have prob in playing videos and camera too doesnot work properly,Is there any way to get rid off these problems? In this rom there is no Radio,so is there any app that can be install to full the exact replacement of my previous rom Radio

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium
15th September 2012, 09:48 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seoul

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waseemwaris

I have updated my galaxy ace to android 4.04 through cynomodgen9 but after updation i have prob in playing videos and camera too doesnot work properly,Is there any way to get rid off these problems? In this rom there is no Radio,so is there any app that can be install to full the exact replacement of my previous rom Radio

All those related to video playback and camera are general bugs present in every ROM for Galaxy Ace

Most high quality videos have poor playback... we have missing OpenMax drivers from Qualcomm..

Camera is much better than before, have patience it will get better in next releases

As for the radio... there isn't a stock Radio app for CyanogenMod and as far as I know, the old method to have working radio (with spirit fm) does not work in newer versions of cm9

A thanks will be as appreciated!
16th September 2012, 12:17 AM |#9  
Flag Santiago de Surco, Lima, Perú
Thanks Meter: 137

More
I had to change APN Type from Internet to Default to get connected to 3g.

Still having problems with GPS, using Brazilian config, I will try editing gps.config to (although, there is only one server in Peruvian config)
Code:
NTP_SERVER=pe.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=0.pe.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=1.south-america.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=2.south-america.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=0.south-america.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=3.south-america.pool.ntp.org
16th September 2012, 03:41 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seoul

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vldesco

I had to change APN Type from Internet to Default to get connected to 3g.

Still having problems with GPS, using Brazilian config, I will try editing gps.config to (although, there is only one server in Peruvian config)

Code:
NTP_SERVER=pe.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=0.pe.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=0.south-america.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=3.south-america.pool.ntp.org

Yeah i think that's okay to use Peru server

I live in Ecuador and i flashed the Chile V4 GPS patch and it's okay although it takes like a minute to have me below 100m of accuracy then gets more and more accurate

I have used with Peru settings cause it's the closest server but didn't work better than Chile or Brazil patches

More info of GPS refer to GPS thread (link on first post)

17th September 2012, 05:24 AM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 5,991

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenium3

All those related to video playback and camera are general bugs present in every ROM for Galaxy Ace

Most high quality videos have poor playback... we have missing OpenMax drivers from Qualcomm..

Camera is much better than before, have patience it will get better in next releases

As for the radio... there isn't a stock Radio app for CyanogenMod and as far as I know, the old method to have working radio (with spirit fm) does not work in newer versions of cm9

For radio ask in spirit fm thread.
The dev will tell you the right settings for galaxy ace.

Gesendet von meinem GT-S5830 mit Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ace, cm9.1, cyanogenmod, ics, wayland

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)