This is the General Thread for CM9.1 ROM for Galaxy Ace S5830 by Wayland_Ace.
I made this thread with the purpose of keeping the DEV thread clean. And also the old GENERAL thread is kind of outdated.
You can post questions, doubts, bugs, fixes, etc. related to the ROM here. Let's keep the DEV thread clean of spams, questions/bugs already posted, or non-DEV related posts.
CM9.1 DEV Thread (download ROM from here)
Reported bugs list
CM10/CM9 by Bieltv3 & Daredj
GPS fix patches & app
Kernel for ICS&JB by nims
Q&A Section for CM9-CM10
Proper Q&A Section for S5830 + B/D/L/T ONLY
ROM flashing instructions:
This ROM is for SAMSUNG Galaxy Ace S5830 & some variants only (mine's S5830B), NOT for S5830i. There´s separate development section for S5830i in XDA.
1. Install CWM (ClockWorkMod) Recovery (version 18.104.22.168 recommended) in your Ace. Use search for more info & download.
2. Download the ROM from the DEV thread and copy it to your SD card.
3. Reboot your phone into recovery mode, by pressing Volume Down + Home button when turning the phone on.
4. DO A CWM Backup before anything. Backups and restore> Backup.
5. Do a full wipe (data - cache - dalvik cache in advanced) before flashing the ROM.
6. Now flash the ROM. Install zip from sdcard> choose zip from sdcard> select the file> and flash it.
7. Reboot your phone. It could take like 1~3 minutes when first time flashed the ROM, so have patience.
Done! Enjoy your Ace running on CyanogenMod!!
*Neither the developer nor I'm responsible for any damage, brick, etc. to your phone. Do this at your own risk.
PD: Be free to visit my tutorial of Android Parental Control & Keylogging!!