[ROOT][TOOL][VRALHE][VRALHD] SuperSU Root w/ Out Flashing

540 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,121

By h311sdr0id, Inactive Recognized Developer on 13th September 2012, 01:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
TESTED AND WORKS ON THE NEW VRALHE AND VRALHD IN ADDITION TO ALL OF THE OTHERS
(EXCEPT THE NEW LEAK I535VRBLI5) I AM WORKING ON IT

BOTH DEODEXED AND ODEXED

This is a modified version of debugfs that installs SuperSU instead of SuperUser. The only other way I was aware of that would install SuperSU without having to install SuperUser first, was Chainfire's method using a CWM zip and flashing. You use this version of debugfs just as you would normally from here . There are a few changes, but if you have used debugfs before, you will have no trouble.

THIS MODIFIED DEBUGFS IS 100% STABLE/UPDATED SCRIPT 10/09/2012!!!

DOWNLOAD: SuperSu_GS3_Debugfs_r2b.7Z
MIRROR: here MIRROR2: here
MD5: FE4F03407F8CACF8575714CED91CC843

DOWNLOAD: SuperSu_GS3_Debugfs_r2b.MD5

MIRROR: here MIRROR2: here
MD5: 44F4BE5F7E1A41CCEA14822A3D5E8F54

MODIFIED Debugfs

Opening SuperSU for the FIRST time
--------------

Roots PERFECTLY
----

--

Phone Number, Device Status and IMEI are ALL GOOD
-------

ALL CREDITS GO TO:
* miloj, for the debugfs root method for the Asus TF300T
* sparkym3, for his script for rooting the Asus Transformer Prime - this is a modified version of that script
* Chainfire, for the SU files/binaries and Supersu
* Noxious Ninja, for making Debugfs work w/the SGS3

I am a Flash-O-Holic and I love my rooted devices. I really like to use SuperUser for some devices, BUT for some devices I would rather use SuperSU. They are both great APPS.
But, if you are extremely anal like I am, you like things to be as clean as possible. And even if you root your device and install SuperUser so that you can install SuperSU afterwards, you still have to go back and uninstall SuperUser (if you want to). I am sure there is nothing left behind, but I like everything to be fresh.
-
I did not like having to install SuperUser and then afterward insstall SuperSU and then delete SuperUser, etc, etc. So, I came up with this method using the Debugfs script and Chainfire's SuperSU.
-
I give all credits to Noxious Ninja for getting this to work wth the Samsung Galaxy S III for Verizon.
I simply changed a little of the script and swapped out the binaries and APK.
[/FONT]
-
-
DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE "THANKS" BUTTON IF YOU LIKED IT!
-
-
-
I was not the one who made this tool and I really can only accept about 25% of the credits for this tool. I just modified/scripted debugfs to use SuperSU instead of SuperUser.
Noxious Ninja was the one who modified it to work with the Samsung Galaxy S III.

I used/modified his script. I found out it was okay to modify this tool as long as the PROPER CREDITS were given.

I also used some of Chainfire's files obviously for SuperSU.

This is Noxious Ninja's credit list for the original creators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxious Ninja

Credits:
* miloj, for the debugfs root method for the Asus TF300T
* sparkym3, for his script for rooting the Asus Transformer Prime - this is a modified version of that script
* ChainsDD, for Superuser

If you get a chance to donate/thank them, I am sure they would appreciate it.
I made sure that there were links for absolutely EVERYONE that had a hand in debugfs. Inside of the "Donate Menu".

-
-
-
-
-
The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to h311sdr0id For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift h311sdr0id Ad-Free

13th September 2012, 04:40 AM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to h311sdr0id For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift h311sdr0id Ad-Free
13th September 2012, 01:24 PM |#3  
Flag Rochester
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Is there any need to wipe any data or other settings? Or is this just a plain simple way to have root access and it does nothing else (which is what I need/want)?
13th September 2012, 09:16 PM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmm6797

Is there any need to wipe any data or other settings? Or is this just a plain simple way to have root access and it does nothing else (which is what I need/want)?

I' sorry, but could you elaborate? If you want to get root from your stock/unrooted ROM, then this is a tool you could use.
13th September 2012, 09:26 PM |#5  
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 15

More
For some reason I cant download ....
13th September 2012, 09:29 PM |#6  
Flag Rochester

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by h3llsdr0id

I' sorry, but could you elaborate? If you want to get root from your stock/unrooted ROM, then this is a tool you could use.

In a lot of the root scripts, it requires the phone to be wiped and cache deleted or cleared.

I wanted to know if this was the case, so I can run multiple backups (since titan backup wont work until rooted)
The Following User Says Thank You to gmm6797 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gmm6797 Ad-Free
13th September 2012, 10:26 PM |#7  
Flag Virginia

More
Can anyone mirror the download to another site?? wont let me d/l from the OP site
13th September 2012, 10:32 PM |#8  
Flag Rochester

More
they both downloaded fine for me
13th September 2012, 10:42 PM |#9  
Flag Virginia

More
im getting something about javascript not being enabled on the download site
but its enable...

EDIT

This is what i get...

{"INFO":"failed posted hashcheck","SOLUTION":"please make sure you have javascript enabled for androidfilehost.com. Hit the back button, enable javascript and try again please. we promise we are probably not doing anything nefarious. maybe. no promises though."}
14th September 2012, 12:35 AM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydad

im getting something about javascript not being enabled on the download site
but its enable...

EDIT

This is what i get...

{"INFO":"failed posted hashcheck","SOLUTION":"please make sure you have javascript enabled for androidfilehost.com. Hit the back button, enable javascript and try again please. we promise we are probably not doing anything nefarious. maybe. no promises though."}

Mirrors are up. Let me know if y'all have anymore problems.
14th September 2012, 12:50 AM |#11  
Flag Virginia

More
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW Awesome work!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
debugfs, root tool, sgs3, vralg7, vralhd

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)