Odin fail with stock rom!

Search This thread

flowssosick

Sep 14, 2012
Markham, ON Canada
This picture shows my problem. i want to fully unroot OR just get rid of this custom rom and get back to my original stock firmware (ics 4.0.4)
WHAT DO I DO?? it keeps failing when i flash

Attachments

• ODIN.jpg
    ODIN.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 5,538

Jaaz420

Aug 27, 2012
help to un-root GS3 & get stock rom back

I recently had a problem with Autostarts app causing crashes on my Samsung Galaxy S3 & had to unroot & do a master reset.
I use the YouTube video from qbking77 to do the un-root & it worked fine. I used Odin v7 to do the un-root but had to use Odin v4 to re-root my phone after master reset.
Hope it helps.

I can't post links yet but if you go to YouTube & find user qbking77, he has a step by step video on how to unroot your Samsung GS3.
The video was Published on Jun 29, 2012 & is titled "How to Unroot / Unbrick the Samsung Galaxy S III - Latest"

Bigjim1488

Feb 19, 2008
New York
Try a different usb port and make sure you are using the cable that came with the phone

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Dragoth12

Sep 20, 2010
Orem, UT
Reactions: chrisram88

Malistoff

Jul 3, 2016
Odin fails stock rom error binary

So I been at this for weeks. I have a note 4. The phone has been rooted before. Then i flashed it back to stock.. It was all fine.. Then started to act up and freeze or not reset. So what I've tried now.. I've tried a stock rom via odin. Fails saying binary. I've tried kies. Kies says doesn't support connected device. I am not using the original cable it came with. I'm using a s7 edge cable. I don't see why that should matter. I finally managed to get by some magical 100x attempt got twrp recovery to flash via odin. So after that I decided to install roms via sd in twrp. All the roms I've tried have the same outcome. They install perfectly.. Twrp says successful. I hit reboot system. Phone goes off.. Doesn't come back on. .. I need some help plz. Nothing is working.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

So I been at this for weeks. I have a note 4. The phone has been rooted before. Then i flashed it back to stock.. It was all fine.. Then started to act up and freeze or not reset. So what I've tried now.. I've tried a stock rom via odin. Fails saying binary. I've tried kies. Kies says doesn't support connected device. I am not using the original cable it came with. I'm using a s7 edge cable. I don't see why that should matter. I finally managed to get by some magical 100x attempt got twrp recovery to flash via odin. So after that I decided to install roms via sd in twrp. All the roms I've tried have the same outcome. They install perfectly.. Twrp says successful. I hit reboot system. Phone goes off.. Doesn't come back on. .. I need some help plz. Nothing is working.

On top of that. After any kinda attempt I make. (since they all don't work, resulting in removing the battery) I will try.. Entering download mode.. Recovery mode.. Doesn't really matter what.. The phone won't respond to the command.. I generally will have to wait longer than 30secs.. Sometimes even 10mins to get the phone to start reading those commands again.

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Which version of Odin are you using? Are you using stock ROMs from sammobile.com? Are you using a USB 2 port? Try using an original Samsung USB 2.0 cable with Odin.

Malistoff

Jul 3, 2016
Which version of Odin are you using? Are you using stock ROMs from sammobile.com? Are you using a USB 2 port? Try using an original Samsung USB 2.0 cable with Odin.

Newest version of odin which Is 3.11 I believe... I'm using a 2.0usb. Which is what the note 4 is as well. The note 3 was the bigger one.. Not the note 4. I got the stock roms from sammobile and the custom roms from off xda. And I'm using my s7 edge cable which is the Samsung manufacturers Original brand.. 2.0 usb.

---------- Post added at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

Newest version of odin which Is 3.11 I believe... I'm using a 2.0usb. Which is what the note 4 is as well. The note 3 was the bigger one.. Not the note 4. I got the stock roms from sammobile and the custom roms from off xda. And I'm using my s7 edge cable which is the Samsung manufacturers Original brand.. 2.0 usb.

Flashing stock rom 4.4.4 kitkat.. Because I was told I'd have a better chance.. However I am on Odin 3.11 .. Twrp is 2.8.1.1.. I did that because when I had this phone rooted before.. That's what version I was using.. But when I flash the stock rom via odin.. I get binary fails showing on the phone.

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------[/SI? ZE]

Flashing stock rom 4.4.4 kitkat.. Because I was told I'd have a better chance.. However I am on Odin 3.11 .. Twrp is 2.8.1.1.. I did that because when I had this phone rooted before.. That's what version I was using.. But when I flash the stock rom via odin.. I get binary fails showing on the phone.

My most favorite thing that happens.. That I can't explain reason of why. Is after I try to flash a rom..whether it be through odin or twrp. Odin fails.. Twrp just doesn't reboot after a successful flash... I have to take out the battery and retry.. I cannot get an instant boot.. I've waited.. 30secs.. Few mins.. Sometimes even 30mins and it won't come back on... Now I can't explain why it does that... Because if I give it x amount of time to rest with battery out.. It will work again.. Sometimes I can even do it right after a failed flash. I honestly don't know why or could tell you any more than because of this wait times in between.. I am limited to as many attempts as I'd like to do. Or sometimes I forgot what order or new attempt I wanna try.

Top Liked Posts