[Q] Rooting with Quick Root - OK but ...

Search This thread

dribs

Sep 13, 2012
Unfortunately can't post to the developer thread

Tried Quick Root 1.13 (universal exploit) on my Deisre S not branded with Stock Rom 2.3.5 S-on / Locked
According to log window everything worked fine, OKAY on every action, no errors.

But ... still no root. Checked with Root checker, Superuser and command line (adb).

What am I missing?

Last edited:

SteveO_

May 28, 2010
Unfortunately can't post to the developer thread

Tried Quick Root 1.13 (universal exploit) on my Deisre S not branded with Stock Rom 2.3.5 S-on / Locked
According to log window everything worked fine, OKAY on every action, no errors.

But ... still no root. Checked with Root checker, Superuser and command line (adb).

What am I missing?

Your DS is still S-ON, for real root it has to be S-OFF. You got temp root, maybe you are able to push misc file with adb and edit version for RUU-downgrade...
What was your next step...?

You should try this, for me it worked:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1399331

So you are able to Unlock your bootloader for example with revolutionary (S-OFF) and root your DS permanently...

Last edited:

dribs

Sep 13, 2012
Your DS is still S-ON
I know

for real root it has to be S-OFF
Sure?

Just wanted to root in order to install apps like Titanium ..., no need for S-off or downgrade bootloader or install another ROM!

Seems like I still didn't understand what I found elsewhere:

“Root” is a term that essentially means running a program without restrictions. We have root management programs called Superuser and SuperSU that allow one to choose whether or not to allow a program to run with root access. ... You do not have to be either HTCDev unlocked (the official method), or S-OFF, or running a custom ROM to have root access, although most people would be running a custom ROM and be one of the two.

Hmm :confused:

amidabuddha

Jun 26, 2011
Yes you have to be S-OFF or at least S-ON unlocked. That's the whole point of it.
With your current state temporary root (until reboot) is the only possible thing you can achieve.

Sent from my HTC Desire S

Reactions: SteveO_

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes you have to be S-OFF or at least S-ON unlocked. That's the whole point of it.
    With your current state temporary root (until reboot) is the only possible thing you can achieve.

Sent from my HTC Desire S