FORUMS

Instagram on Android- Picture Quality ***Fixed in 4.1 and alternate fix on page 7***

372 posts
Thanks Meter: 97

By CasseTrop, Senior Member on 14th September 2012, 10:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd September 2014, 04:56 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I know this is an old thread but I am still having this issue and I am wondering if there is a fix. I read about the "Resize" app and downloaded it but I have no idea how to use it. Its not every userfriendly at all as it doesn't allow me to create my own profile as someone mentioned. Not sure how to even save the pictures I resize on it. Maybe its not meant for the Galaxy S5? Anyways if anyone has some information for me on this issue it would be greatly appreciated.
26th October 2014, 04:16 AM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Nice share.. btw guys i was using igramfollowers for adding more likes and followers, Its a good providers since i don't have much time adding follower manually.
29th November 2014, 06:48 AM |#113  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeste15

I know this is an old thread but I am still having this issue and I am wondering if there is a fix. I read about the "Resize" app and downloaded it but I have no idea how to use it. Its not every userfriendly at all as it doesn't allow me to create my own profile as someone mentioned. Not sure how to even save the pictures I resize on it. Maybe its not meant for the Galaxy S5? Anyways if anyone has some information for me on this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having this problem, too. Just switched from an iPhone 5 to a Droid Turbo. Love the phone so far, but one of the most noticeable problems is that now all my IG photos look like low-res garbage.

This thread has the most solutions, but unfortunately everything I've tried has failed.

1. Turning off High-Quality Image Compression: Does nothing. This option is now under Camera, which makes me assume that it's only for photos you take within the app using the IG camera. Also, taking photos that way still does not improve the low photo quality after upload and compression.

2. Resize: I could not even get this app to load my photos. Kept getting a File I/O error. So I tried 4-5 other resizing apps. Resizing down to 612x612 on those did not improve photo quality after IG upload, though I couldn't change the interpolation on those so perhaps that was pointless unless I can find a resizing app that can change the interpolation from nearest-neighbor to Lanczos?

3. This issue is fixed in 6.0: I'm using IG 6.11.2. The issue is not fixed.

I'm still searching for a different resizing app that can change the interpolation for now, but if anybody has an update on this issue, please let us know!

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeo2k

Send your complaints to [email protected]

I did, cause this compression issue is ridiculous

Good luck. Ever since Facebook acquired IG, I've found their customer support to be non-existent.
1st December 2014, 10:17 PM |#114  
Flag Los Angeles

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chendaddy

2. Resize: I could not even get this app to load my photos. Kept getting a File I/O error. So I tried 4-5 other resizing apps. Resizing down to 612x612 on those did not improve photo quality after IG upload, though I couldn't change the interpolation on those so perhaps that was pointless unless I can find a resizing app that can change the interpolation from nearest-neighbor to Lanczos?.

How are you opening images through Resize? I'll occasionally get the File I/O error if I'm opening the photo through some third party launcher. Try using just the stock Photos app to open the photos when the "Open from" dialog opens.
8th December 2014, 02:38 AM |#115  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Lightbulb I just found the solution after a few experiments and trials
Hi. Since 2 months ago, I have suddenly noticed this "very degraded and most annoying picture quality problem" with Android Instagram. I am using a Note 3. I have read and tried almost all the suggested workaround. But this steps work for me now and just stop me from switching to an Iphone.

1. Edit the picture, apply filters etc with any picture editor app (I mostly use "Aviary" due to its various automated filters that are easy and fast to use!)
2. Share to "Photo Resizer HD" app (I used this setting: JPEG quality: 80. Default sharpening: medium). Resize it to WHGA.
3. Share to "Instagram".
4. Proceed as usual (usually without much editing here, as I don't think I need any after doing it on Aviary). Done!

At least this steps give me a lesser "hurt" to my eyes when looking at the picture again online.

Please do try and hope to receive feedback! Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to wani08 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wani08 Ad-Free
8th January 2015, 08:57 PM |#116  
Flag Holmby Hills, CA
Thanks Meter: 276

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wani08

Hi. Since 2 months ago, I have suddenly noticed this "very degraded and most annoying picture quality problem" with Android Instagram. I am using a Note 3. I have read and tried almost all the suggested workaround. But this steps work for me now and just stop me from switching to an Iphone.

1. Edit the picture, apply filters etc with any picture editor app (I mostly use "Aviary" due to its various automated filters that are easy and fast to use!)
2. Share to "Photo Resizer HD" app (I used this setting: JPEG quality: 80. Default sharpening: medium). Resize it to WHGA.
3. Share to "Instagram".
4. Proceed as usual (usually without much editing here, as I don't think I need any after doing it on Aviary). Done!

At least this steps give me a lesser "hurt" to my eyes when looking at the picture again online.

Please do try and hope to receive feedback! Good luck!

Can you provide before and after pictures? Thinking about trying this out myself.
9th January 2015, 01:36 AM |#117  
Flag Long Beach, CA
Thanks Meter: 271

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
I wish someone could make 1 app that did everything possible to post high quality IG pics!
The Following User Says Thank You to dannieloco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dannieloco Ad-Free
30th January 2015, 04:14 PM |#118  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I got an S3 recently and was super unhappy with IG quality using pics from the onboard camera, the native camera image is pretty good and IG mangles it.

What I did try was a 5mb jpg from my Canon 5D full frame DSLR monster, copied a few over to my S3 phone and uploaded them with IG and they came out perfectly . So the quality of the native image does have an impact on how the image turns out after IG has resized it and uploaded it.
12th February 2015, 06:01 PM |#119  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Flickr is the solution
21st April 2015, 03:30 AM |#120  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
and still nothing changes
6th July 2015, 08:57 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
instagram just updated their pictures from 640x640 to 1080x1080