FORUMS

[Q] Change RUU

108 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By Cristian_berme, Senior Member on 15th September 2012, 06:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, explorer users!!

I usually don't ask this tipe of questions, but this time I can't find a answer.
I'll explain my problem before make the question:

I bought a HTC Explorer 2 months ago. I didn't have any major problem but I noticed some bugs that other HTC Explorer users didn't have. I sent an e-mail to HTC and they said that my Explorer ROM is the stock Greek ROM from Vodafone. That's a bit weird, because I bought my Explorer in a Spanish shop. The Explorer isn't modified by a carrier.
So I decided to install the WWE RUU on my Explorer. My previous phone was a HTC Legend and I changed the RUU deleting all Vodafone stuff, so this isn't the first time I change the RUU of a HTC. I created a goldcard and I tried to flash the RUU, but I still have the CID problem. I am sure that my SD works as goldcard because I used it on the HTC Legend and it worked. But looks like I'm missing something .

So my question is: I am doing all the steps? I need to unlock my bootloader or something to install another RUU? My HTC Explorer isn't rooted, I need to root it before change the RUU?

Hope someone can help me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
question

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)