FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] E4GT + CM10 + Firefox = CRASH

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By spnkmstr, Junior Member on 18th September 2012, 05:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This problem may not be exclusive to Firefox, or CM10, or the E4GT, but here goes:
  • Firefox 15.0.1
  • CyanogenMod 10 (Alpha 5.3 or any recent nightly)
  • Epic 4G Touch (black, shiny)
  • Same issue on other CM10 devices

Every time I launch Firefox and try to open XDA Forums' page with it, it crashes. Or on virtually any other page. Pretty much any page. Any search engine. ANYTHING.

Every. Single. Time.

It's really hard to believe that I've sent probably 100+ crash reports to Mozilla (many of them inadvertently), and that I am the only one encountering this problem. No other threads are reporting this. Firefox 15 seems only to cause this issue under Jellybean, but maybe not. Maybe Firefox just can't load web pages.

But if so, how come there are no other reports of this problem on the interwebs?

18th September 2012, 05:55 PM |#2  
Flag Somewhere on Earth.
Thanks Meter: 885

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spnkmstr

This problem may not be exclusive to Firefox, or CM10, or the E4GT, but here goes:

• Firefox 15.0.1
  • CyanogenMod 10 (Alpha 5.3 or any recent nightly)
  • Epic 4G Touch (black, shiny)
  • Same issue on other CM10 devices

Every time I launch Firefox and try to open XDA Forums' page with it, it crashes. Or on virtually any other page. Pretty much any page. Any search engine. ANYTHING.

Every. Single. Time.

It's really hard to believe that I've sent probably 100+ crash reports to Mozilla (many of them inadvertently), and that I am the only one encountering this problem. No other threads are reporting this. Firefox 15 seems only to cause this issue under Jellybean, but maybe not. Maybe Firefox just can't load web pages.

But if so, how come there are no other reports of this problem on the interwebs?

Have you tried different browsers instead of firefox? I typically use UC Browser. I haven't found any issues with it yet and works great on CM10. Seemingly Firefox doesn't want to play nice currently. Lol.. I'll download it and test it see what happens. I'll leave ya a message on here. But as I stated, i don't use stock browser or firefox (well on my phone i don't)

One more thing i forgot.. I'll have to flash CM10 tonight when i get home. i'll see what happens.
19th September 2012, 12:29 AM |#3  
Flag Irving, TX
Thanks Meter: 512

Donate to Me
More
I'm on the same Firefox and CM10 as the OP and get Firefox crashes on almost every page. I assumed it was Firefox but maybe it's the ROM. Either way, I'm glad to see it's happening to someone else.
19th September 2012, 03:52 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I just wanted to chime in to say I have the exact same problem on my HTC One XL with CM10 and Firefox. I'm beginning to think it may be a CM10 issue as our phone hardware should be fairly different.
19th September 2012, 10:22 PM |#5  
Flag Somewhere on Earth.
Thanks Meter: 885

More
Its just CM10 related. Im running super galaxy v1.8, it works fine. Sure itll be upstream later down the line once bugs are worked out.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
21st September 2012, 09:56 PM |#6  
Flag Currently the Terminus Systems
Thanks Meter: 275

More
Firefox is bad m'kayyyy

I'm on Phantom Phreakz's CM10 and I bounce between the stock JB brower or Chrome.
25th September 2012, 01:05 AM |#7  
Flag Cincinnati, OH
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I can confirm that this has been happening for a few days on the CM10 nightlies using the Nightly build of Firefox. It crashes whenever it loads a page.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
9th October 2012, 06:31 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Hi,

We believe this was an issue on our side (Mozilla) and is now fixed on our developer channel. Can you try out a Nightly build now (http://nightly.mozilla.org) and report back if things are fixed for you?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)