By stopxwatch, Junior Member on 18th September 2012, 08:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th December 2012, 11:59 PM |#151  
Flag Petaluma
Thanks Meter: 995

Donate to Me
More
Audio Google Voice Search
Just in case anyone is interested, I just got Google Voice to operate on my Kindle. Here is what we did to get this functioning:

1) Downloaded the correct package here: VoiceSearch
2) Extract VoiceSearch.zip to VoiceSearch on your Desktop
3) Copy libvoicesearch.so, UniversalSearch.apk and VoiceSearch.apk from the folder VoiceSearch to the Download folder on your Kindle Drive
4) Using Root Explorer, copy /sdcard/download/libvoicesearch.so to /system/lib/libvoicesearch.so change the libvoicesearch.so permissions to Owner: Read Write Group: Read Others: Read
5) Using Root Explorer, copy /sdcard/UniversalSearch.apk to /system/app change the UniversalSearch.apk permissions to Owner: Read Write Group: Read Others: Read
6) Using Root Explorer, copy /sdcard/VoiceSearch.apk to /system/app change the VoiceSearch.apk permissions to Owner: Read Write Group: Read Others: Read
7) Reboot the Kindle
8) Now go into Apps, you will see a new Icon named Search. Launch Search, then click on the little Microphone, speak clearly (I used the word Test).
9) The application will next ask you which browser do you want to use to display the results (I use Opera). Then just like that, your new journey begins!

Enjoy.......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prokennexusa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift prokennexusa Ad-Free
26th December 2012, 09:10 AM |#152  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Worked fine for me. Kindle Fire HD 8.9

Had to reboot after installing vending.apk but everything is fine now.
26th December 2012, 06:17 PM |#153  
Flag Reno NV
Thanks Meter: 33

Donate to Me
More
I have a problem, I tried to install GoogleServicesFramework.apk and it just not play nice, I can't get it to install. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing, I have Root Explorer and SU.
Kindle Fire HD 7.2.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

OK, got it to install, had to use from here and now google play doesn't open, when I click on it, it just disappear, already changed permissions and updated to newest version.
26th December 2012, 08:36 PM |#154  
Flag Petaluma

Donate to Me
More
Prompt Google Framework
Quote:
Originally Posted by zookafg3

I have a problem, I tried to install GoogleServicesFramework.apk and it just not play nice, I can't get it to install. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing, I have Root Explorer and SU.
Kindle Fire HD 7.2.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

OK, got it to install, had to use from here and now google play doesn't open, when I click on it, it just disappear, already changed permissions and updated to newest version.

If you move the attached files to /system/app you should be able to install them.

The attached files are the versions I am using without problems.
Attached Files
File Type: apk GoogleServicesFramework.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.79 MB, 315 views)
File Type: apk GoogleLoginService.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.86 MB, 282 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to prokennexusa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift prokennexusa Ad-Free
27th December 2012, 01:04 AM |#155  
Flag Reno NV
Thanks Meter: 33

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prokennexusa

If you move the attached files to /system/app you should be able to install them.

The attached files are the versions I am using without problems.

Got it to work, the problem was that I moved the apps except Google Services to system app.
27th December 2012, 01:48 AM |#156  
Flag Petaluma

Donate to Me
More
Google Framework
Quote:
Originally Posted by zookafg3

Got it to work, the problem was that I moved the apps except Google Services to system app.

Ah yes, that will do it.
27th December 2012, 07:55 AM |#157  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
HELP!!!
Actually I figured out how to get it to work and download market. I already have market on Kindle but when it tells me to login to Google account it says that my internet doesn't work...? HELP!!
8th January 2013, 10:59 PM |#158  
Arkansas
Thanks Meter: 1

More
ADW Launcher working with home button
Just in case anyone wants to replace the stock Launcher with another, I downloaded ADW Launcher EX and installed.
However; every time I hit the home button I was directed back to the stock launcher. I used Root Uninstaller to disable the Launcher.apk (stock launcher) now the home button goes to the only launcher installed (ADW), yeah!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to mtm88001 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mtm88001 Ad-Free
11th January 2013, 05:24 AM |#159  
Flag Petaluma

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Google Applications - Framework Corrupt
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzunlhabed

Actually I figured out how to get it to work and download market. I already have market on Kindle but when it tells me to login to Google account it says that my internet doesn't work...? HELP!!

mzunlhabed,

This is usually caused by corrupt Framework. Remove and Reinstall the Framework:

Play Step 1 Download GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk to your Desktop

Play Step 2 Using Windows Explorer move GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk from your desktop to /Kindle Drive/Download.

Play Step 3 Using ES File Explorer app, open ES File Explorer on your Kindle. Go to the Setting Menu on ES File Explorer. Choose Root Settings, Select all the options here. A Superuser window will Popup, be sure to click "Allow".

Play Step 4 Now on the Kindle Fire HD use ES File Explorer to move GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk from /sdcard/Download to /system/app.

Play Step 5 Next change the permissions on GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk by long pressing each apk until you see an option window. Select Permissions and change all 3 apk permissions to Owner: Read-Write, Group: Read and Others: Read.

Play Step 6 Install all 3 apk's: GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk by clicking on each on and choose Install. Ignore any install errors.

Play Step 7 Reboot the Kindle

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtm88001

Just in case anyone wants to replace the stock Launcher with another, I downloaded ADW Launcher EX and installed.
However; every time I hit the home button I was directed back to the stock launcher. I used Root Uninstaller to disable the Launcher.apk (stock launcher) now the home button goes to the only launcher installed (ADW), yeah!!!

mtm88001,

I too like ADW Launcher EX along with Apex Launcher. The Kindle Fire seems to react nice with aftermarket launchers.

So far everyone except Next Launcher works on the Kindle Fire HD. DO NOT try Next Launcher, the results are disastrous.
17th January 2013, 09:36 PM |#160  

More
cant connect to google services
its telling me that it cant establish a data connection any fix to this?
23rd January 2013, 11:16 PM |#161  

More
Thumbs up
Thanks worked perfectly with Fire HD 10, 8.1.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopxwatch

So I gave this a shot and it worked perfectly.

1. Root your Kindle Fire HD
2. Downloaded and install the GoogleServicesFramework.apk
3. Download Vending.apk
4. Using a file explorer app on the Fire with superuser permissions AND the system file permissions set to Read-Write, move Vending.apk to /system/app.
5. Change the permissions of Vending.apk to User - Read/Write, Group - Read, Others - Read
6. Install Vending.apk
7. The Android Market should show up in your Kindle Fire HD apps. Tap on it and follow the steps.
8. Download and install the Play.apk to upgrade the the android market to the current Play market.
9. Enjoy!

GoogleServicesFramework.apk - mediafire.com/?zaumfwhraxcifqf
Vending.apk - mediafire.com/?31bn3e258jjpj8d
Play.apk - mediafire.com/?wwcqrlfwt8o1gnv

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)