5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By mac1845427, Junior Member on 18th September 2012, 07:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th September 2012, 10:36 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 222

Donate to Me
More
I got the email from AT&T about a year ago warning me about tethering and I called the number and she said their system looks for many thing and throws up red flags when it can prove you are tethering. She said they have to have proof before they can warn people. I was using my device to tether an iPod touch and she told me the reason I was caught was because I had downloaded apps from the App Store on an I device but my sim card was never shown to be inside an Idevice. It was crazy because I used several devices to tether for at least three years without being caught and within a week of using the iPod I was caught.

19th September 2012, 12:16 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
How dare we use the services we pay for! Such arrogance I have never seen to think att shouldn't be able to double dip. Vote Romney 2012 and deregulate more!
19th September 2012, 12:32 AM |#13  
Flag Valparaiso
Thanks Meter: 32

More
I got a warning once after watching Netflix... on my phone. They're usually bull****.

Sent from my SGH-I717 using xda premium
2nd October 2012, 04:02 AM |#14  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Earlier this month, I was on vacay and decided to use my phone to tether to my laptop (wasnt going to pay $12 at the hotel for damn sure), and I forgot and left it on thru one night. I didn't really "tether" per say, I turned my phone to a hotspot actually and it's not like my internet usage was higher than normal neither.
2nd October 2012, 04:34 AM |#15  
Miami
Thanks Meter: 204

More
Why does at&t trip when you gotta pay anyway? (if no unlimited plan of course)
2nd October 2012, 03:38 PM |#16  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhat10

Why does at&t trip when you gotta pay anyway? (if no unlimited plan of course)

Well because AT&T wants to get you for every single penny they can. They want to charge you for a data plan, then a tether plan and roaming plan, and idevice plan, a non-idevice plan, a gps plan, a navigation plan, a text to speech plan, your grandma is a dirty girl plan, your connected to more than one tower at a time plan, a video chat plan. I'm sure you get the point, if they can squeeze that extra penny from the people and force them to pay higher prices, even though it alienates their consumers, they know people aren't going to leave. The market isn't who has the best service gets the most customers anymore. It's you will use us because we're all owned by the same company and we just give you the illusion that you have choices, but in reality all your money are belong to us.

/climbs off of soapbox
2nd October 2012, 03:53 PM |#17  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 797

More
I have a 3 gig plan and use about 8 gigs a month.. I tether my ps3 and play online and stuff like that.. I have never heard from AT&T..

Surely they can see when I'm connected to Playstation Network using massive amounts of data..

Its powered by Jellybeaned AOKP!
2nd October 2012, 04:10 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Did you delete the tethering manager program?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
2nd October 2012, 09:11 PM |#19  
Flag B.F.E.
Thanks Meter: 4,201

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrippa

How dare we use the services we pay for! Such arrogance I have never seen to think att shouldn't be able to double dip. Vote Romney 2012 and deregulate more!

Exactly !!..g
2nd October 2012, 09:30 PM |#20  
Miami
Thanks Meter: 204

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnecropolis

I have a 3 gig plan and use about 8 gigs a month.. I tether my ps3 and play online and stuff like that.. I have never heard from AT&T..

Surely they can see when I'm connected to Playstation Network using massive amounts of data..

aside from charging you for tethering...they dont charge you for the overage from the 3gig to 8gig? that has to be a lot
2nd October 2012, 10:26 PM |#21  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 797

More
they don't charge me for tethering.. my plan doesn't have the tethering option.. I froze TM with Tibu..
its $10/gig for overages..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)