FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG E900 boot problem SOLVED

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By itmk, Junior Member on 19th September 2012, 06:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
hello guys..

after almost 3 months, trying to revive my LG E900, from the boot problem, when the phone stuck on LG logo; tried everything, from cold boot, to flash firmware, and nothing...

Today i decided to try to fix the hardware by myself..

so with the thread created by wm.andrew.wilson i have successfully disassembled my phone.

well first it looks like this : main board

but when i removed the upper board and booted the phone, it worked, just with this board mounted with the hole phone...

but removing the upper board will deprive me from using a sim card, as you see, the sim card must be inserted in this board..

so after few test, i realised that the WIFI+FM receptor is the problem, shot circuit it and booted the phone, worked perfectly, so i just decided to sacrifice my WIFI+FM and try it, i removed it as you can see here . i just cut it ...

assembly the phone, and everything worked fine, just when you try yo activate the WIFI, it just keeps loading and nothing happen.. so you can use your phone normally and listen to your music, play games, download... you will ask how to download without WIFI ( wifi ship removed ) i tell you, you still can use your USB DATA CABLE with ZUNE and download everything from MARKETPLACE, even i guess the user account, you can do it with ZUNE, and if not, you can just restore your phone

well this was my try, and i do not ask you to try it, unless you are curious enough and take the risk, but i am not responsible of any damage you may cause to your phone, and be carefully this void your warranty.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to itmk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift itmk Ad-Free

23rd September 2012, 08:34 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Same here. removin upper board makes my phone usable again. Unfortunately not lucky as you, removing WIFI+FM receptor by cutting it didn't solve the problem.
29th December 2012, 09:50 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi, guys! Have you seen New SIM Card Micro-HD Flex Cable for LG E900 Optimus 7 on ebay (excuse me, forum doesn't allow me to post external links)?
Is it right part?
7th March 2013, 10:47 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
How to fix problem
Only one way to fix boot problem is to buy New SIM Card Micro-HD Flex Cable for LG E900 Optimus 7 from ebay.com (30$) or from mobile-cherry.com (28$), disassemble phone and replace your broken board (FIX LG optimus E900 digitized, reparar cristal LG E900 on youtube.com). In my case it worked.
31st July 2013, 10:11 AM |#5  
Flag ABidjan
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I confirm . worked
22nd August 2013, 11:28 PM |#6  

More
no hay solucion cortando
he cortado el famoso RF-SUB board de a poquitos, quitando componentes primero de uno a uno y luego recortando y resulta que aunque se quede con apenas medio centimetro de tarjeta, luego de quitar absolutamente todos los componentes, igual sigue fallando.
Creo que es un problema en la union de las capas de circuito en toda la tarjeta, en algunos casos es cerca del wifi, en otros como en mi caso es casi junto al conector, mejor dicho no sirve de nada, solo reemplazarlo.

En esa tarjeta tambien esta el touch por lo que aunque encienda no sirve de mucho porque no hay tactil.

habrĂ¡ que comprar nomas.
8th October 2013, 12:58 PM |#7  
Flag Rousse
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Hello, I solved this warming the chip and capacitors over 380 deg. w/ hot air station to resolder the connections of the chip, so guess... It works now.

Edit: Now assembled it back and tested WiFi, works! hope I helped somehow...
8th October 2013, 02:22 PM |#8  
Flag ABidjan
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasko_spasko

Hello, I solved this warming the chip and capacitors over 380 deg. w/ hot air station to resolder the connections of the chip, so guess... It works now.

Edit: Now assembled it back and tested WiFi, works! hope I helped somehow...

which one did you resoldered ? the Wifi chip ?
8th October 2013, 02:46 PM |#9  
Flag Rousse
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psytr0nic

which one did you resoldered ? the Wifi chip ?

Correct! That one from the pic in post #1
14th August 2014, 08:28 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itmk

hello guys..

after almost 3 months, trying to revive my LG E900, from the boot problem, when the phone stuck on LG logo; tried everything, from cold boot, to flash firmware, and nothing...

Today i decided to try to fix the hardware by myself..

so with the thread created by wm.andrew.wilson i have successfully disassembled my phone.

well first it looks like this : main board

but when i removed the upper board and booted the phone, it worked, just with this board mounted with the hole phone...

but removing the upper board will deprive me from using a sim card, as you see, the sim card must be inserted in this board..

so after few test, i realised that the WIFI+FM receptor is the problem, shot circuit it and booted the phone, worked perfectly, so i just decided to sacrifice my WIFI+FM and try it, i removed it as you can see here . i just cut it ...

assembly the phone, and everything worked fine, just when you try yo activate the WIFI, it just keeps loading and nothing happen.. so you can use your phone normally and listen to your music, play games, download... you will ask how to download without WIFI ( wifi ship removed ) i tell you, you still can use your USB DATA CABLE with ZUNE and download everything from MARKETPLACE, even i guess the user account, you can do it with ZUNE, and if not, you can just restore your phone

well this was my try, and i do not ask you to try it, unless you are curious enough and take the risk, but i am not responsible of any damage you may cause to your phone, and be carefully this void your warranty.

i just rehot above said ics
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)