FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Fixed] odin stuck on system.img.md5

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By sonko2k, Junior Member on 20th September 2012, 05:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi im trying to return galaxy 8.9 tablet back to stock using odin, but it gets stuck at system.img.md5 and wont move...is there any way to fix.. tried switching usb ports and no luck...please need help

alrigh... alrigh... alriiiight got it to work after almost 5 days with out a tablet....which i really missed... I finally fixed the god damn issues with this stupid thing.....

with odin constantly hanging on system.img i had to work around it...
first got odin far enough into system.img to were cwm would work
second i adb into the tablet and pushed rom file into sdcard
third i installed rom and finally got my tablet back

yessss

also learned how to open tablet and pull the battery out....which i didn't need to do at all

20th September 2012, 08:07 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 348

More
What is your recent history in terms of Rom & recoveries installed, other errors encountered... ?

Did you do any formats, wipes, factory resets, and if so, in what environment (android, recovery, adb, ...)

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

Have you tried simple options like restarting the pc, reinstalling tab's drivers, ...
20th September 2012, 08:12 AM |#3  

More
Apologies, not relevant to this post
20th September 2012, 08:19 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 348

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperingforce

... reverted back to honeycombe 3.2. The problem i have is that it now will not let me access or set up my google account. I have been unable to go back to stock.

Kies is also not recognising my tablet.

This is completely unrelated! Pls create your own thread, or search for a topic that's actually similar to yours, instead of trampling over another...
20th September 2012, 12:37 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonko2k

Hi im trying to return galaxy 8.9 tablet back to stock using odin, but it gets stuck at system.img.md5 and wont move...is there any way to fix.. tried switching usb ports and no luck...please need help

I had the same issue after upgrade to US stock ICS and attempt to install CWM recovery resulted in a tablet that would not boot. Rebooted into recovery mode, rebooted from there to download mode and tried the Odin flash again using the US stock ICS. Each time I did this it got a bit further (as indicated by the download bar on the tablet screen) and eventually it succeeded. I am no expert so I completely fail to understand why this worked but it did.
The Following User Says Thank You to alexbush For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alexbush Ad-Free
20th September 2012, 01:43 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_be9300

What is your recent history in terms of Rom & recoveries installed, other errors encountered... ?

Did you do any formats, wipes, factory resets, and if so, in what environment (android, recovery, adb, ...)

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

Have you tried simple options like restarting the pc, reinstalling tab's drivers, ...

okay so recent..... rom was ics 4.0.4 version 3 uploaded by safariking...had ClockworkMod Recovery v5.5.0.4.... and yes i formatted ,wiped, and factory restarted, all in clockwork recovery... i have restarted the pc and reinstalled drivers and got a little bit further but odin still gets stuck... tried to restore with backup but get E: cant mount /sdcard/
20th September 2012, 03:34 PM |#7  
Flag Semarang
Thanks Meter: 180

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

okay so recent..... rom was ics 4.0.4 version 3 uploaded by safariking...had ClockworkMod Recovery v5.5.0.4.... and yes i formatted ,wiped, and factory restarted, all in clockwork recovery... i have restarted the pc and reinstalled drivers and got a little bit further but odin still gets stuck... tried to restore with backup but get E: cant mount /sdcard/

Just like i said before.. In warning: Do not wipe or anything related to that if youre in ICS..
With stock kernel or stock recovery or One of them but you still in stock ICS boot.img wiping is risky..
if you use a safe recovery but your boot.img is not safe. ..or your boot.img is safe but recovery.img isnt. .
Your still have the emmc bug risk..
Stuck on system.img means odin not recognized your system partition.. Maybe corrupted or faulty..
Please read my warning in general section..
The Following User Says Thank You to suwandiapr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift suwandiapr Ad-Free
20th September 2012, 07:10 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suwandiapr

Just like i said before.. In warning: Do not wipe or anything related to that if youre in ICS..
With stock kernel or stock recovery or One of them but you still in stock ICS boot.img wiping is risky..
if you use a safe recovery but your boot.img is not safe. ..or your boot.img is safe but recovery.img isnt. .
Your still have the emmc bug risk..
Stuck on system.img means odin not recognized your system partition.. Maybe corrupted or faulty..
Please read my warning in general section..

so is my tab bricked or is there any other way
22nd September 2012, 11:51 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
fixed
22nd September 2012, 04:38 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Quote:

fixed

For others who may have this problem in the future, how did you fix it?
22nd September 2012, 05:08 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boscorama

For others who may have this problem in the future, how did you fix it?

First post
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)