Warning: These stuffs are not for newbies. Rooting and installing custom ROMs,etc are not for everyone. Rooting your phone will void your warranty. There are risks like bricking your phone and making it useless. Proceed at your own risk. You and only you are responsible for anything you do to your phone. With that said, lets proceed..
Micromax A57 Clone: Coolpad A7019
- Download the drivers from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?eqvpdk6d2e1u4ne
- Extract it to your desktop (or any other place, it doesn't matter)
- Download and install Android SDK from here if not already done and install Android SDK Platform Tools and Google USB Drivers
- Download UnlockRoot from here :http://www.unlockroot.com/
- Download the given attachment. Extract adb_usb.ini from it and place it in C:\Users\(your username)\.android . Create the folder if not found.
- Now enable USB Debugging in your phone through Settings->Applications->Development
- Connect your phone and PC through USB
- Go to Device Manager and right click on Micromax A57.
- Right click on it and go to properties.
- Go to drivers tab and click update driver
- Click on Browse my computer for driver software and then navigate to the folder containing the downloaded drivers.
- Make sure "Include subfolders" is ticked
- It will search and install drivers
- First install drivers
- Install and open UnlockRoot.
- Click on root and then choose your device name
- It will begin rooting and your phone will restart
- Congratulations, your Micromax A57 is now rooted
To boot into recovery mode, switch off your phone. Press and hold vol+ and power key.
To boot into fastboot mode, switch off your phone. Press and hold vol- and power key.
Here are the Rom dumps of this phone for developers: