Originally Posted by kljb
For those having problem of updating Super SU binary after flashing rom [ROM][ARC/S][.587]JELLY SANDWICH 6.0 STABLE[22-09][Aroma][Uploaded] or any other rom that have the same problem.I found a way to fix it..
1. first try update binary using Super SU for few times, if still installation failed try to download old superuser through play store.
2. Disable superuser for Super SU in settings>Superuser
3. In old superuser, go to info and then tap the "tap to check updates" and update the binary.
4. Then, enable superuser in Super SU and voilaa!!... try it..
Hello, My HTC Desire has
MIUI Android v. 4.1.1
Kernel v. 188.8.131.52
Build nr.2.8.17 MIUI
I am trying the above unsuccesfuly
SuperSU 0.96 will say Installation failed when trying to update (tried several times)
I then disabled as advised and I get a message that uninstallation failed (even if the button is then in the off position)
I install the old superuser, I tap to check updates and I get the following errors:
1. The checked version is 3.0 rather than 3.1.1 (which I think it's not an error since I am using an older version)
2. Everything is OK until is trying to Copying su to system... fail!
Any ideea why?
P.S. Nevermind, I found SU update FIX on googleplay and it did the job.