FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

Super SU installation failed ISSUE FIXED!!

47 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By kljb, Member on 22nd September 2012, 09:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
For those having problem of updating Super SU binary after flashing rom [ROM][ARC/S][.587]JELLY SANDWICH 6.0 STABLE[22-09][Aroma][Uploaded] or any other rom that have the same problem.I found a way to fix it..

1. first try update binary using Super SU for few times, if still installation failed try to download old superuser through play store.
2. Disable superuser for Super SU in settings>Superuser
3. In old superuser, go to info and then tap the "tap to check updates" and update the binary.
4. Then, enable superuser in Super SU and voilaa!!... try it..
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to kljb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kljb Ad-Free

14th October 2012, 08:15 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by kljb

For those having problem of updating Super SU binary after flashing rom [ROM][ARC/S][.587]JELLY SANDWICH 6.0 STABLE[22-09][Aroma][Uploaded] or any other rom that have the same problem.I found a way to fix it..

1. first try update binary using Super SU for few times, if still installation failed try to download old superuser through play store.
3. In old superuser, go to info and then tap the "tap to check updates" and update the binary.

Hello, My HTC Desire has

MIUI Android v. 4.1.1
Kernel v. 2.6.38.8
Build nr.2.8.17 MIUI

I am trying the above unsuccesfuly

SuperSU 0.96 will say Installation failed when trying to update (tried several times)
I then disabled as advised and I get a message that uninstallation failed (even if the button is then in the off position)
I install the old superuser, I tap to check updates and I get the following errors:
1. The checked version is 3.0 rather than 3.1.1 (which I think it's not an error since I am using an older version)
2. Everything is OK until is trying to Copying su to system... fail!

Any ideea why?

Thank you!

P.S. Nevermind, I found SU update FIX on googleplay and it did the job.
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisbard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chrisbard Ad-Free
15th October 2012, 09:41 PM |#3  
XDA Portal Team
Flag Australia
Thanks Meter: 1,580

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbard

Hello, My HTC Desire has

MIUI Android v. 4.1.1
Kernel v. 2.6.38.8
Build nr.2.8.17 MIUI

SuperSU 0.96 will say Installation failed when trying to update (tried several times)
I then disabled as advised and I get a message that uninstallation failed (even if the button is then in the off position)
I install the old superuser, I tap to check updates and I get the following errors:
1. The checked version is 3.0 rather than 3.1.1 (which I think it's not an error since I am using an older version)

Any ideea why?

Thank you!

lol no wonder 1st post didn't work, you're using htc......well i think that's the problem :P
10th November 2012, 05:04 PM |#4  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Thanks a bunch! That worked for me on an Android tablet with stock ROM. I had the same problem.
29th December 2012, 12:02 AM |#5  
Flag Saint-suzanne
Thanks Meter: 51

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbard

Hello, My HTC Desire has

MIUI Android v. 4.1.1
Kernel v. 2.6.38.8
Build nr.2.8.17 MIUI

Any ideea why?

Thank you!

Same problems
23rd February 2013, 07:38 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 165

More
Quote:

Thanks a ton for this fix! I was about to throw my phone out of the window but you saved its life.
In step 2. I think it's easier to say: Open SuperSU and deny root access on the Superuser prompt.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing (destructive).
I just say this because I couldn't find an option to add a denied application in Superuser. Maybe I didn't search too hard...
This works with Xperia-ICS v2i ROM port (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1855768).
5th September 2013, 06:44 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

What do you mean by "old superuser"?
23rd September 2013, 01:19 PM |#8  
Flag Taipei
Thanks Meter: 542

More
That was cool, thanks a bunch!
5th March 2015, 10:12 PM |#9  

More
It worked
Quote:

1 + 2 + 4
Thank you a lot!
17th May 2015, 02:09 PM |#10  

More
Thumbs up Issue Resolved :"Supersu binary failed"
Amigos,

Who is having issue of SuperSU Binary update than they should download the attachment which is an update for SuperSU & install or flash it through "Recovery mode" & reboot. It takes while to get up your device but it works for me.

Cheers.
29th May 2015, 08:12 PM |#11  

More
This is what worked for me:
1. Install Superuser by ChainsDD.
2. Install SuperSU.
3. When the Superuser prompt comes up, click allow.
4. Update the binaries.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)