FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Fix SD Card Issues(Formatting,Mounting,Errors,Corruption or even Death of Card)

586 posts
Thanks Meter: 156

By optimusodd, Senior Member on 22nd September 2012, 09:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
For Guys who have issues with SD Cards (Formatting,Mounting,Errors,Corruption or even Death of Card) :

A full format (uncheck quick format)running HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool is recommended.

Moreover,never ever use SD card Adapters for formatting.Always USB card readers as they are more efficient.

Generic operating system formatters don’t provide the optimum performance.And,sometimes,can result into SD card death and less picture-saving space.

Full format once in awhile is recommended to prevent possible corrupt files, lengthen the life of the card and achieve the most available space possible.

This tool is compatible with Windows XP and vista however Windows 7 users can run this tool in Compatibility mode for Windows 7 by going through :

Quote:

Properties>Compatibility>Compatibility mode>Check(Run this program in compatibility mode for)>Select Windows 7 from dropdown menu>Apply>OK

Cheers!!!
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to optimusodd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift optimusodd Ad-Free

23rd September 2012, 04:11 AM |#2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,030

More
1 question man. One of my sd card doesnt even read when i insert it to pc. Will this software solve the problem? I think the sd card is corrupt.

Sent from Hell!!
23rd September 2012, 06:00 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by .xxx.

1 question man. One of my sd card doesnt even read when i insert it to pc. Will this software solve the problem? I think the sd card is corrupt. Sent from Hell!!

Yep,a full format(uncheck quick format) using this tool should solve your problem.I was facing the same issue with one of my cards.
Don't used SD card Adapter for formatting,use a USB card reader.Hope it will get your card back in action.

You can also run surface test using MiniTool Partition Wizard to check any read error in your SD card's memory blocks.
(Right click on your card>surface test)
Good luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to optimusodd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift optimusodd Ad-Free
23rd September 2012, 08:18 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 320

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusodd

For Guys who have issues with SD Cards (Formatting,Mounting,Errors,Corruption or even Death of Card) :

A full format (uncheck quick format)running HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool is recommended.

Moreover,never ever use SD card Adapters for formatting.Always USB card readers as they are more efficient.

Generic operating system formatters don’t provide the optimum performance.And,sometimes,can result into SD card death and less picture-saving space.

Full format once in awhile is recommended to prevent possible corrupt files, lengthen the life of the card and achieve the most available space possible.

This tool is compatible with Windows XP and vista however Windows 7 users can run this tool in Compatibility mode for Windows 7 by going through :

Cheers!!!

Can we foormat or reinstall an death usb micro sd adapter ?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium
23rd September 2012, 08:40 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pator57

Can we foormat or reinstall an death usb micro sd adapter ?Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

Sorry,I didn't get you.
SD adapter is used to make your micro SD usable on normal SD slot devices.It is not any type of memory.
If you are reffering to a dead micro SD card,a full format (uncheck quick format) using this tool might fix your problem.
Always use USB card readers for the formatting process.
24th September 2012, 04:08 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 265

More
Quote:

Sorry,I didn't get you.
SD adapter is used to make your micro SD usable on normal SD slot devices.It is not any type of memory.
If you are reffering to a dead micro SD card,a full format (uncheck quick format) using this tool might fix your problem.

I don't want to be a smart-ass here but seriously... Initially I thought you'd mean a card reader with "SD adapter"... if you're speaking about micro sd adapters: nothing wrong to use those as it's just a kind of "connector extension" - the only thing that might go wrong is that the slot has a mechanical problem. That usually would end up in getting nothing formatted
Anyway thx for the hint with the application - could become useful some time
26th September 2012, 08:56 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 320

More
Quote:

Sorry,I didn't get you.

ho ****.And yes i was talking about an micro sd adaptater who died..

27th September 2012, 09:00 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
After an update of the play store my phone registered my card as being "not recognized"
Is this likely to fix the problem? - My computer recognizes the micro sd...
28th September 2012, 12:02 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-M1GHTY-BUKO

After an update of the play store my phone registered my card as being "not recognized"
Is this likely to fix the problem? - My computer recognizes the micro sd...

What is the size of your SD card ?Probably,it's running out of space.
Format your card from within the phone settings first(Settings > Storage).
You will need this tool if that doesn't help.
28th September 2012, 12:04 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pator57

ho ****.And yes i was talking about an micro sd adaptater who died..Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

LOL,this tool can't fix your dead adapter.You need a new adapter.
The Following User Says Thank You to optimusodd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift optimusodd Ad-Free
30th September 2012, 07:23 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventcom

I don't want to be a smart-ass here but seriously... Initially I thought you'd mean a card reader with "SD adapter"... if you're speaking about micro sd adapters: nothing wrong to use those as it's just a kind of "connector extension" - the only thing that might go wrong is that the slot has a mechanical problem. That usually would end up in getting nothing formatted Anyway thx for the hint with the application - could become useful some time

Yeah,of course,you can transfer files using adapters but USB card reader is recommended for the formatting process.

This tool was created specifically for HP USB devices so only a USB SD card reader can be used as interface device.

The most amazing thing about this tool is ,it does a very deep cleansing.While other formatting tools take 3-4 mints to format an 8GB SD card,this tool takes 4-5 hours to ensure most efficient formatting.I have used and verified this tool personally.Using generic formatting utilities don’t provide optimal performance for your SD cards.

I just thought it might be good to list a tip that might help others with their SD card issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to optimusodd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift optimusodd Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)