Brought to you by TeamZaraki :
RohinZaraki, Chris95X8, SpyderX, nazz.rule, lucastan96, AckeflyRzyle, Lloir
You can find us in the old GZR IRC . No, we are not going to create a new IRC just for this ROM
Fresh CM9 ROM
Latest CM9 sources
Latest MiniCM Nightlies
Most CM9 features (compatible with our X8's)
Many Improvements over the Original CM9's performance
My own optimizations for better ROM performance
Many performance tweaks and hacks from my GingerZaraki
Native Apps2SD support
Almost fully functional
Minimum number of apps installed
Google Apps included
Reboot to Recovery working
Full Hardware Acceleration
KSM (Kernel Samepage Merging)
Statusbar Recent Apps
Great battery life
Better RAM Management
Smooth scrolling and flinging even on 600MHZ
More to come in the future...
HW Video Encoder/Decoder (like all ICS ROMS)
STOP RIGHT THERE
Once you go beyond this point, please note that TEAM ZARAKI nor XDA Developers will be held responsible for the damage caused by thee. In simple terms, if you continue and phone go BOOM, we no help or responsible .
1. An X8 (LOL)
2. Unlocked Bootloader
3. nAa-ics-04 kernel
4. Baseband xxxxx015
5. Basic knowledge in how to save yourself from any problems that may occur
DOWNLOAD ICZARAKI V01
Please DO NOT MIRROR ! PM me if you want a Mirror and I will make one !
1. Download the ROM
2. Place in in your SD Card
3. Flash nAa-04-ics
4. Reboot into CWM, full wipe, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache and wipe battery stats
5. Flash the ROM
6. Reboot and enjoy
1. This ROM will only work with nAa's ICS kernel. Do not pester me if you decide to pull some smartass stunt and use another kernel.
2. You do not need to flash any Google Apps. It's already included in the ROM.
3. During an update, there's no need to full wipe. Each update will preserve your data.
Battery Drain : So far, I have not experianced any battery drain and I usually get 1 day + of battery life with really heavy use. If you are having battery drain, try this
- Charge your phone up to 100%
- Go to CWM Recovery with the charger still plugged in and wipe battery stats and dalvik cahce
- Reboot and you will notice the 100% battery has dropped to about 96%. Let it charge till 100% again
- When it displays 'Charged', pull out the charger and lave the phone alone for about 5 minutes.
- Use the phone like normal and make sure you drain it to 0% before charging in the future (let the phone die out by itself when it's 0%)
- Charge it to 100% again and repeat step 4 again.
Hopefully that would have fixed your battery drain.
NOTE : It is advised to follow those steps especially if you're coming from another ROM
I'll upload the sources when I feel development for this ROM has reached it's end (or nearing it's end). Then you guys can build your own ROMS from my sources
CM Team for the sources
eagleeyetom for his guide and for putting up with all my annoying questions.
nobodyAtall for his sources and advice
Achep for his acDeskClock
TeamZaraki (Chris95X8, lucastan96, nazz.rule, SpyderX, AckeflyRzyle, Lloir)
Xelyt for his audio fix
Senior members who helped me out
Sony Ericsson for their awesome piece of tech
P.S. : If you can, please THANK the people mentioned above
Notes and Notices :
1.You are not allowed to soft-mod this ROM. Why ? Read this. Since I personally optimized parts of the ROM, I know each and every component of it, which means I'll know if someone has illegally based their ROM on mine. Already caught a few.
2. No, we will not give permits to use this ROM as a base ROM for Ligux, Lewa, MIUI, Zolox or whatever port you want to do.
3. Report any bugs you face, we'll do our best to fix it.
4. Suggest what you would like to see in future updates. We will discuss to see if it's worth adding. Please note that we're not obliged to add mods and fixes just because you want them.
5. If you don't like this ROM, please save your energy and time by looking through the other ROMS the X8 forum has to offer instead of spamming this thread.
6. If you have any questions regarding the ROM or anything at all, please feel free to PM me don't worry, I won't bite
7. I'm still getting used to ICS from GB. So please be patient especially when it comes to bug fixing and new features.
8. Please respect all the members of TeamZaraki as you would respect me. They are just as important. Any evidence of disrespect towards any of them will be reported.
9. STOP PM-ING ME ON HOW TO BUILD A DAMNED ROM ! Eagleeyetom has made a guide. Follow it. I'm not tech support.
I have sacrificed a lot of time, energy and money (PC's needs electricity and those soda's aren't free) to make this ROM. Feel free to drop a donation