FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to Root Xperia Ray ST18i ICS 4.0.4 (4.1.B.0.587)

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By danudmw, Junior Member on 24th September 2012, 04:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This post contains how to root Xperia Ray ST18i ICS 4.0.4 (4.1.B.587) with the use of DooMLoRD Toolkit.

Instructions
Flash the Kernel of 4.1.A.0.562
  • Download the Kernel - Go to Following Link
  • Download the Flash-Tool and Install (If you have not install flash-Tool drivers first you have to install it - \FlashTool\drivers\ FlashTool-drivers.exe )
  • Then, put ST18i_4.1.A.0.562_kernel.ftf (Downloaded in 1) into the \FlashTool\Firmwares
  • Then open FlashTool.exe, Click on the Flash Button and select Flash Mode.
  • Select Ray and Press OK.
  • Then follow the instruction give by the software to connect the phone to the PC.
  • Then you have to connect the device to PC (Make sure that device is switched off [remove battery may be]. First Plug the cable to the device and then plug USB to the PC while press and hold volume down key) (If the device connected correctly, a green led will show up)
  • After finishing flashing kernel, disconnect the cable and restart the Device. (You might get some errors after rebooting, it is normal, and it will be fixed after next step.

Root your device with DooMLoRD’s Tool – Go to Following Link

Re flash the kernel (4.1.B.0.587)
  • Now flash the kernel by Follow 3 to 6 in the 1st step.

Now your device is rooted.

Thank You.

For all download Links - winandtips.blogspot.com/2012/09/how-to-root-xperia-ray-st18i-ics-404.html

Special Thanks to - DoomLoRD, OverLo4d (for his tutorial in Arc/S section)
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to danudmw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danudmw Ad-Free

31st October 2012, 11:15 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Rooting Xperia Ray St18i
Hi, I have followed the instructions word by word, but its not downgrading to ***562****, after flashing when i restart the phone it still shows ***587""".

Any help with this??????

Regards,

Junaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by danudmw

This post contains how to root Xperia Ray ST18i ICS 4.0.4 (4.1.B.587) with the use of DooMLoRD Toolkit.

Instructions
Flash the Kernel of 4.1.A.0.562

• Download the Flash-Tool and Install (If you have not install flash-Tool drivers first you have to install it - \FlashTool\drivers\ FlashTool-drivers.exe )
  • Then, put ST18i_4.1.A.0.562_kernel.ftf (Downloaded in 1) into the \FlashTool\Firmwares
  • Then open FlashTool.exe, Click on the Flash Button and select Flash Mode.
  • Select Ray and Press OK.
  • Then follow the instruction give by the software to connect the phone to the PC.
  • Then you have to connect the device to PC (Make sure that device is switched off [remove battery may be]. First Plug the cable to the device and then plug USB to the PC while press and hold volume down key) (If the device connected correctly, a green led will show up)
  • After finishing flashing kernel, disconnect the cable and restart the Device. (You might get some errors after rebooting, it is normal, and it will be fixed after next step.

Root your device with DooMLoRD’s Tool – Go to Following Link

Re flash the kernel (4.1.B.0.587)
  • Now flash the kernel by Follow 3 to 6 in the 1st step.

Now your device is rooted.

Thank You.

For all download Links - winandtips.blogspot.com/2012/09/how-to-root-xperia-ray-st18i-ics-404.html

Special Thanks to - DoomLoRD, OverLo4d (for his tutorial in Arc/S section)

1st November 2012, 02:53 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Sorry for my question.

Can I use this steps for my Ray with Android 4.04. but Built is 4.1.B.0.431 ?
8th November 2012, 08:17 AM |#4  
Flag Tehran
Thanks Meter: 40

More
where is link?!!!!!!
8th November 2012, 08:26 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
---
The Following User Says Thank You to kocir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kocir Ad-Free
8th November 2012, 11:57 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Help
I press the back button after i turnoff the phone and nothing happen :(. I am nab in the job with rooting,is my first attempt of this type.!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to adidoareu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adidoareu Ad-Free
8th November 2012, 12:54 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2,249

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidoareu

I press the back button after i turnoff the phone and nothing happen . I am nab in the job with rooting,is my first attempt of this type.!!!

Try to press volume down when phone is turned off and while holding it down connect it to the pc. Be sure the drivers from the "flashtool installation folder > drivers" are installed
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mihahn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mihahn Ad-Free
21st November 2012, 04:45 PM |#8  

More
rooting xperia ray
Hello
My name is Ambrose
I want to update my xperia ray to ics android 4
what do i have to do ?....ive allready tried pc companion repair and it doesnt work....please help!
The Following User Says Thank You to Anbrosius34 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Anbrosius34 Ad-Free
21st November 2012, 05:35 PM |#9  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbrosius34

Hello
My name is Ambrose
what do i have to do ?....ive allready tried pc companion repair and it doesnt work....please help!

Try with sony update service...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4nz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m4nz Ad-Free
21st November 2012, 06:38 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbrosius34

Hello
My name is Ambrose

you must relock bootloader and use stock rom
The Following User Says Thank You to V4mpjr3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift V4mpjr3 Ad-Free
21st November 2012, 06:47 PM |#11  

More
still no ICS on xperia ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4nz

Try with sony update service...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

hello again....thanks for your reply but i still cant update my xperia ray to ics,it says i allready have my phone up to date and when i update it just blanks all my data and stays on android 2....im so confused....is there any other way i can update my xperia ray to ics? please help me!

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4mpjr3

you must relock bootloader and use stock rom

hello
thanks for your reply....i would like to know how to relock my bootloader...please could you tell me?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)