FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] s3 i9300 clone MTK6577 Android 4.1 dual core

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By afloresuk, Junior Member on 24th September 2012, 06:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I bought this budget phone because its handy and just performs its tasks but I want to flash ROM, root it and delete some of the useless apps to free up some memory. has any one tired the rooting. If so how? If anyone has any ideas please, that would be great. Any help will be Much appreciated. Thx

25th September 2012, 10:47 AM |#2  
Flag SINGAPORE
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by afloresuk

I bought this budget phone because its handy and just performs its tasks but I want to flash ROM, root it and delete some of the useless apps to free up some memory. has any one tired the rooting. If so how? If anyone has any ideas please, that would be great. Any help will be Much appreciated. Thx

You can go to Colonel Zap blog to search for the rom. I believe he has a rooted firmware for the HDC branded one. If yours is the Star or Tinji brand, just search for tinji i9300 in XDA and you can find the rooted firmware for it as well.

I just got a bigger version from fastcardtech.com and they call it the HDC Galaxy note II clone. This is a really new model just released this month in September.
I just completed a review on it so you can check it out on youtube.

http://youtu.be/fizWeA04Wr0
http://youtu.be/KMQ0rLNghfM

I hope someone can make a rooted firmware for this as well. I have to settle for stock for the time being.
25th September 2012, 10:17 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT35pro

You can go to Colonel Zap blog to search for the rom. I believe he has a rooted firmware for the HDC branded one. If yours is the Star or Tinji brand, just search for tinji i9300 in XDA and you can find the rooted firmware for it as well.

I just got a bigger version from fastcardtech.com and they call it the HDC Galaxy note II clone. This is a really new model just released this month in September.
I just completed a review on it so you can check it out on youtube.

http://youtu.be/fizWeA04Wr0
http://youtu.be/KMQ0rLNghfM

I hope someone can make a rooted firmware for this as well. I have to settle for stock for the time being.

I asked on Colonel Zap's blog and he said he didnt have the root or custom roms for this particular phone but I looked through this thread and may safely try it. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460
Im not too bothered about custome roms, just wanna root and delete all chinese apps to free space and also be able to used SD card storage. thanks for the reply though
26th September 2012, 01:40 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Hi
I've bought one s3 clone yesterday in Singapore. No brand.
It's a 6577 dual core with 1gb ram and 2gb rom.
The screen is 1280x720 PX what is quite nice.

I've rooted it with the spark tool and it worked.

But I can't access to my sdcard. It's not mounted.
Does any one know how to use it ?

Cheers

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
9th October 2012, 11:04 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Thumbs up Rooting
Quote:

Thx for all ya responses. I figured out how to root my phone. Very tideous process but all done now
11th October 2012, 04:48 AM |#6  

More
hi i need help.. i need the stock rom for my phone s3 9300... its 1.2GHz MTK MT6577 processor, 512MB RAM, 4GB ROM and i got it from Android sales
i tried rooting it with a ram from colonelZap hdc-galaxy-i9300-siii-plus-mt6577

and now my touch screen has gone crazy.. i need to unroot it and i dont have the stock rom... please someone share and help me
11th October 2012, 05:37 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey guys,

Thanks for this informative thread. I am interested in a similar phone, the Hero 9300+. Any suggestions?

P.S. that S3 clone is sexay, but too fat. Lol
11th October 2012, 09:08 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
This is how I rooted my S3 i9300 mtk6577 android 4.1. U can try this process for any mtk6577 device but do this with caution and at your own risk. I haven't flashed the ROM bcoz it's too risky with these Chinese clones.

*Install the MTK6577 usb drivers http://www.4shared.com/rar/0MvyztbR/...oid_ZTE_.html? cau2=403tNull

*Download the rooting .rar file (v2) from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460

*please note that no apps must be open or running during the process.

*Connect the phone- should have the USB-Debug option enabled in settings.

*click RunMe.bat file and selectthe "Other" (option 4)

*click Restore option on ya mobile to backup ya data and then wait for the magic.

*Mobile should reboot twice and the command prompt on ya PC shows this msg: "Successful, going to reboot your device!"

*After completion, command prompt should state if phone has been rooted and superuser n terminal emulator apps automatically installed on ya mobile*

*After rooting my phone, I didnt see the superuser.apk file and just installed the superuser app from play store. U can also use any root checker apps to confirm that ya phone is rooted.

*To delete Chinese apps and anything u don't want, I used "Root App Delete" from play store. This app shows which system files u should not delete so PS do this with caution.

VIOLA!

Sent from my GT-i9300 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to afloresuk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift afloresuk Ad-Free
11th October 2012, 09:39 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
I still love the S3. The hero 9300+ 5.3inch svreen is even much bigger) my phone is free now after rooting. Yeah! Anyway try the method below for rooting. Hope it works for u

11th October 2012, 03:53 PM |#10  
Flag Cornwall
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Re
Quote:

Not an answer as such but i am using the same phone in the UK, Do you have any ideas as to how to stop it roaming when you make a call, I am using a UK Giffgaff and UK Orange sim but when i topped up yesterday it cained my credit like no tomorrow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
11th October 2012, 04:19 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Dont worry about the answer. I manage to root my phone and delete all Chinese apps.
Regarding ya issue, have u tried settings > sim management > roaming and change ya options accordingly. Hope that works.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)