Superuser denying everything

877 posts
Thanks Meter: 308

By Skullmonkey, Senior Member on 26th September 2012, 02:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I was having trouble with a program getting denied root (even though I hit allow), so I tried clearing the data of superuser. Now I can't accept or deny anything. It doesn't hive me any option. Everything gets denied. How would i go about restoring superuser to a working state?

Sent from my Transformer Infinity!
26th September 2012, 03:45 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 655

More
unlocked or just rooted?
I would try uninstalling su and rooting again or if unlocked flash su with recovery.
26th September 2012, 04:05 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Yes do a re-root.
26th September 2012, 05:55 AM |#4  
Flag Honolulu
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I was just having the same problem, it turns out I had somehow magically lost root. (I had previously restored root after updating to .30)
So I just used Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper and restored root, and it worked fine
26th September 2012, 07:44 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 308

Donate to Me
More
ReRoot worked. Thanks guys.
9th October 2012, 10:02 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Prompt Almost same problem
Hai.

I read this forum already long time cuz its really helpful & normally i never have problems but now i do so i need to post.
And i got almost the same problem as u did so ill describe what i mean.
I rooted my TF700 and everything worked for a small time but now when i updated to Jelly Bean i lost all my permissions.
My superuser denies everything even itself... I tryed to remove superuser and root the device again but then i get

can't post links yet

h t t p://i46.tinypic.com/263c221.png

Then it tests superuser and that fails ofcourse so... what can i do now i even tried a factory reset i knew it wouldnt work but worth a try
Hope ya guys can help me thnx
9th October 2012, 04:09 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,825

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Infinity

Hai.

I read this forum already long time cuz its really helpful & normally i never have problems but now i do so i need to post.
And i got almost the same problem as u did so ill describe what i mean.
I rooted my TF700 and everything worked for a small time but now when i updated to Jelly Bean i lost all my permissions.
My superuser denies everything even itself... I tryed to remove superuser and root the device again but then i get

can't post links yet

h t t p://i46.tinypic.com/263c221.png

Then it tests superuser and that fails ofcourse so... what can i do now i even tried a factory reset i knew it wouldnt work but worth a try
Hope ya guys can help me thnx

You need to Re root your device. If you unlocked and on JB, follow this method
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1916762
if you still locked and already on JB, you need to downgrade back to .30 reroot then ust OTA root keeper to backup root then upgrade to JB. After you on JB, you restore root back with OTA root keeper.
10th October 2012, 09:18 AM |#8  

More
Smile Almost there ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

You need to Re root your device. If you unlocked and on JB, follow this method
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1916762
if you still locked and already on JB, you need to downgrade back to .30 reroot then ust OTA root keeper to backup root then upgrade to JB. After you on JB, you restore root back with OTA root keeper.

The part of OTA root keeper is quitte easy and im still locked but how do i downgrade.
Cuz i never done that part and i forgot to use the OTA when i was on ICS xD stupid me

So i was searching how to do the downgrade but all i found was to use Odin and is that the only way to get back?.
Thanks in advance.
10th October 2012, 08:07 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,825

More
Quote:

The part of OTA root keeper is quitte easy and im still locked but how do i downgrade.
Cuz i never done that part and i forgot to use the OTA when i was on ICS xD stupid me

So i was searching how to do the downgrade but all i found was to use Odin and is that the only way to get back?.
Thanks in advance.

1. First download .30 full package from Asus site. Make sure download the correct one for your country, US, TW, WWW etc..
2. Unzip and rename the new zip file to EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip, copy this file to root of your micro SD card.
3. Turn off device, boot into recovery mode by hold down volume down and Power button until see white text on screen, now let both go.Your device will flash the .30 zip file.
4. Re root your device.
5. video how to keep root when update to jb
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1929515
19th November 2012, 10:44 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

1. First download .30 full package from Asus site. Make sure download the correct one for your country, US, TW, WWW etc..
2. Unzip and rename the new zip file to EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip, copy this file to root of your micro SD card.
3. Turn off device, boot into recovery mode by hold down volume down and Power button until see white text on screen, now let both go.Your device will flash the .30 zip file.
4. Re root your device.
5. video how to keep root when update to jb
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1929515

I completely understand what to do.
But i cannot download anything from the asus website. is there any other website where i can get the Stock ROM?
The website says choose OS but there isnt anything to choose neither is there anything to download

Sorry for posting in old thread but i felt like it wasnt needed to make a new one.
Thnx in advance.
19th November 2012, 11:40 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Quote:

I completely understand what to do.
But i cannot download anything from the Asus website. is there any other website where i can get the Stock ROM?
The website says choose OS but there isn't anything to choose neither is there anything to download

Sorry for posting in old thread but i felt like it wasn't needed to make a new one.
Thanx in advance.

Sometimes the Asus website doesn't agree with Firefox (if that's the browser you're using)
IE seems to work better for the Asus website or the files are available here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...27&postcount=1
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
question

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)