FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Can someone damaged the phone using applications TriangleAway.apk

49 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By Gregs5, Member on 26th September 2012, 07:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Everyone wants to make the rooted Galaxy Note performing complex tasks.
The easiest way to install a secure kernel has CWM using PC Odin. Then you need to remove only the yellow triangle using TriangleAway. Using this application, the fear in many people. Please share your experiences.
26th September 2012, 08:48 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2,662

More
Although in the original thread of triangle away it is mention that this may cause problems... As it does in all dev posts.
I have used tri away a lot of times and it worked like a charm.

P. S : this doesn't mean I am 100 sure that nothing will happen the next time. Risk to take.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
26th September 2012, 11:18 PM |#3  
OP Member
Warszawa
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I, too many times I've used this application and never failed me. That is why I ask if others have had problems with TriangleAway.
27th September 2012, 12:50 AM |#4  
Flag AlAhsa
Thanks Meter: 3,455

More
for me, I used it on my phone and friends phone many times and there was no problem at all although in the original post it is mentioned that it is dangerous operation!!!
I think it is matter of luck.. it doesn't mean if it work for me it will work for you.. you have to carry some risk.. and how can you enjoy the life without carrying some risks!!!
27th September 2012, 07:24 AM |#5  
Flag delhi
Thanks Meter: 90

More
I think there is no report till date.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
27th September 2012, 07:27 AM |#6  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Depends on how the dev accessed the risk and what caused known issues. Probably Chainfire will have more insight

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
27th September 2012, 08:35 AM |#7  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 66,100

Donate to Me
More
I have never read any report of brick by using it, even though it is said dangerous by developers.
I think even if it can cause brick it should be soft brick,not hard brick.
27th September 2012, 12:17 PM |#8  
Flag Santiago de chile
Thanks Meter: 649

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ketan

I have never read any report of brick by using it, even though it is said dangerous by developers.
I think even if it can cause brick it should be soft brick,not hard brick.

When I started in note world and when you could root with cwm.zip and somehow once in stock ics .. The cwm.zip was declared dangerous the only way to get root and get a safe kernel for some days was flashing notecore and every other safe kernel was pc odin then triangle away.. You must remember this period clearly.. I had to use triangle away once and when rebooted the procedure did deleted all my folders and launcher setups.. Also the device was acting weird and buggy and had to restock to gb with pc odin and wait for a solution to root ics without flashing kernels with pc odin.. I'm staying away from triangle away for ever.. Even when my note 2 gets home if the only method to root its flashing stuff with pc odin that will get me a triangle well guess I won't root my device until there's a method that leads me to avoid triangle away at all costs

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk 2
27th September 2012, 12:26 PM |#9  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 66,100

Donate to Me
More
Indeed I never used triangle away in my device
But for everyone it is difficult to choose long path. Afaik
Note 2is concerned we must have to use triangle away if you want to root, as since some time samsung stock recovery no more allowing test sign zip file from recovery. In this condition I don't think we may have any alternative.

27th September 2012, 12:38 PM |#10  
Flag Santiago de chile
Thanks Meter: 649

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.ketan

Indeed I never used triangle away in my device
But for everyone it is difficult to choose long path. Afaik
Note 2is concerned we must have to use triangle away if you want to root, as since some time samsung stock recovery no more allowing test sign zip file from recovery. In this condition I don't think we may have any alternative.

Damn well hope it doesn't lead to more troubles and I'll try to keep the root as long as I own the device lol

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk 2
27th September 2012, 01:03 PM |#11  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs5

I, too many times I've used this application and never failed me. That is why I ask if others have had problems with TriangleAway.

I have only experienced issue with Triangle Away when using Speedmod and Franco kernels. If I use Triangle Away, I always flash a CF kernel before running the app. Then I revert to my kernel of choice thereafter.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)