HTC Rezound Stuck on HTC boot screen, HELP PLEASE!

Search This thread

kverduin

Sep 27, 2012
so i went to switch out my battery and when i turned the phone back on it vibrated and displayed the white htc screen, then went black for a second and then stays on the white htc screen forever! Im a total noob when it comes to all the technical stuff about RUU's Kernels Roms and whatnot. I can get to bootloader, but i tried to do factory reset and it showed a green circle with a loading bar but then it changed into a red triangle with an exclamation. I tried flashing amon ra recovery but it doesnt work, although TWRP works. While in TWRP though, whenever i try to flash a zip file, it fails and says something like E:failed to mount /cache E:failed to mount /system E:failed to mount /data. Please help me i need this phone working to help me at my job. If someone can walk me through what i need to do i would REALLLYYYY appreciate it. Like i said though, i am a noob so i need realy stupified instructions lol. Thanks

kverduin

Sep 27, 2012
just wanted to note that right now when i go to bootloader it says
*** TAMPERED ***
*** RELOCKED ***
*** Security Warning ***
Vigor PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.25.0000
RADIO-1.22.10.0421r/1.22.10.0424r
OpenDSP-v13.6.0.7611.00.0104
eMMC-boot

darkjedi7

Feb 2, 2011
Joliet
Google Pixel 6 Pro
*** TAMPERED ***
*** RELOCKED ***
*** Security Warning ***
Vigor PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.25.0000
eMMC-boot

First you should go to shipped-roms.com and download the vigor ics ruu.exe, the rezound downloads there are under vigor . Plug your phone into your computer and from hboot highlight fastboot press power and run the .exe file from your computer and follow the on screen instructions, this will return your phone to full stock ics. Make sure you download the vigor ics ruu.exe as the GB ruu will not work with s-on.

famouscollin

Jul 30, 2012
You can also download this: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/0...ull-ruu-build-4-03-605-2-for-the-htc-rezound/ it's the latest ruu it'll update your hboot, stock recovery, rom, and radios, to latest stock. Just download, rename the zip file to PH98IMG (don't include .zip it is a zip file it'll add it on its own in hboot) put it on your sd card, not in a folder just on. Put it back in your phone and boot to bootloader and runn the update, when it powers off. Run it again. (As it has to update the hboot to 2.27 first)Then you'll be on the stock latest. Then root and Rom from there. Of you need help pm me for my gtalk and I could walk you thru it..

sent from my s-off reZound rockin' viperRez Rom on global ICS firmware:)

Last edited:

mrcorson

Feb 19, 2013
BFE
So my screen is the exact same, i tried to flash a kernal for not only wrong phone but wrong carrier too. Anyways no OS, when i try to flash either of the ways you have explained they both dont work. When i put it on the sd card as PH98IMG it looks like it loads it in the upper right then thats it. regular bootload screen after that nothing happens. try to load it by opening the application after im plugged in as fasboot usb and the program says Install script setup launcher has stopped working. I have been able to flash liquids rom and looks as if it is booting but waited 24 min and nothing happpend just stayed on boot screen. So im just trying to get back to RUU then work from there.

darkjedi7

Feb 2, 2011
Joliet
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So my screen is the exact same, i tried to flash a kernal for not only wrong phone but wrong carrier too. Anyways no OS, when i try to flash either of the ways you have explained they both dont work. When i put it on the sd card as PH98IMG it looks like it loads it in the upper right then thats it. regular bootload screen after that nothing happens. try to load it by opening the application after im plugged in as fasboot usb and the program says Install script setup launcher has stopped working. I have been able to flash liquids rom and looks as if it is booting but waited 24 min and nothing happpend just stayed on boot screen. So im just trying to get back to RUU then work from there.

You need to extract the boot.IMG from liquid Rom and rename it ph98img and put that on your sd card or in the folder with adb and fastboot flash it using fastboot flash boot boot.img

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

REV3NT3CH

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Also wipe cache and dalvik cache in recovery immediately after doing this

Sent from my P4R4N01D R3D D347H 4.3 using xda app-developers app

mrcorson

Feb 19, 2013
BFE
I ended up flashing liquidsmooth rom in recovery then had to wipe factory data reset, then i could wipe dalvick cache then when i rebooted it actually booted the rom and I LOVE IT. Still having some issues tho.

Still cant get my computer to talk to my phone when in fastboot usb i cant get any devices when i do "adb devices" cmd.
It says devices listed below but no devices.

Also im still stuck on TWRP 2.2 and I cant my 2.6 to flash in recovery. - Still troubleshooting this and might get it in a bit.

Thanks for the suggestions!!!

:)

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
I ended up flashing liquidsmooth rom in recovery then had to wipe factory data reset, then i could wipe dalvick cache then when i rebooted it actually booted the rom and I LOVE IT. Still having some issues tho.

Still cant get my computer to talk to my phone when in fastboot usb i cant get any devices when i do "adb devices" cmd.
It says devices listed below but no devices.

Also im still stuck on TWRP 2.2 and I cant my 2.6 to flash in recovery. - Still troubleshooting this and might get it in a bit.

Thanks for the suggestions!!!

:)

ooooh older stuff ick lol...do you have your htc sync drivers installed....what os are you on? are you s-on? what hboot you on? you need to be wiping before rom install and not after....are your issues pertaining to random reboots?

mrcorson

Feb 19, 2013
BFE
ooooh older stuff ick lol...do you have your htc sync drivers installed....what os are you on? are you s-on? what hboot you on? you need to be wiping before rom install and not after....are your issues pertaining to random reboots?

Yes i did reinstall my HTC Sync drivers, I have been wipining factory reset, cache, system, dalvick cache before i flash a new rom. I am S-On. Havent really determined a reason to go s-off yet, i am messing up my phone good enough with this let alone a paperclip. no problem with random reboots. I finally decided to go to a custom rom bc i was sick of my phone rebooting for OTA updates then being late for work. So the 3 roms i have now tried are Liquid smooth which i liked but i couldnt get mms messages to show up on phone. Also it wouldnt change from silent to a beep for text message notifications. i could select it but it would stay as silent. So.... I flashed ViperRezROm which i just didnt like the look and theme. So i finally flashed Cyanogen ROM and come to find out its the same kernal as Liquid smooth so it looks the same and I like that but I still cant change the notification from silent to a beep for text messages. So i never know when i get a text.
Still working on trying to flash a newer version of TWRP.
Then this time flashing I tried to titanium backup and went to load my backup and it cant find it.... WTF
UGH... Learning so much with this stuff. just taking alot of patience.

Thanks again for yalls support, I love this forum.
Mike

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
BTW just to note...if your bootloader is locked fastboot flash methods will not work 90 percent of the time...if you flashed liquid 3.0 that's more than likely your problem with mms as that is a beta...but on more recent 4.3 builds mms is fixed...and no its not the same kernel...just similar source code...liquid 2.9 does not have this mms issue...any random reboots on 4.2 are caused by min frequency not set right at 384 mhz and using amon ra to flash or not doing a proper clean flash....I do recommend s-off as it will make life much easier for you for modding things or flashing custom zips and for future flashing back to full stock if needed as its not possible while s-on...you can always pm me for help as I've yet to run into an error I can't fix unless posted in op caused by source

Reactions: Uzephi

Uzephi

Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
There is a few good reasons to S-Off.

1.No need to fastboot flash kernels
2.can RUU if needed
3.can flash recovery updates (cwm, twrp) as ph98img zips
4. Can keep bootloader ***locked***
5. No more ***tampered*** tag after you RUU

Scenario: you are out and about (or a computer isn't handy) somehow you are in an infinite bootloop. You nandroid restore. But it is something on boot partition. Only way to fix this while S-On is fastboot flashing a boot.img, but if you were S-Off, you would have restored the boot image from the nandroid.

Edit: added 5th reason

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: REV3NT3CH

flamewalker

May 2, 2012
There is a few good reasons to S-Off.

1.No need to fastboot flash kernels
2.can RUU if needed
3.can flash recovery updates (cwm, twrp) as ph98img zips
4. Can keep bootloader ***locked***
5. No more ***tampered*** tag after you RUU

I finally went S-OFF to help another user get step by step to restore to fully locked and stock ruu. I decided to leave it S-OFF. It's so nice to be able to just load a rom and not have to do anything else (other than wiping). It makes changing/upgrading rom's a breeze.

I highly recommend it. It seems scary, but once you have done it once, you will not go back.

But be warned, never go back to S-ON on a non-HTC hboot... you will hard brick your device. That is the only real threat I've heard about... if you never go back to S-ON, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Just about any error can be fixed except for going s-on on a non-ruu hboot.

parthis

Sep 16, 2015
please help

Hi guys
Im have that problem in my htc rezound i seen the above comments but i couldnt able to understand so please tell the procedure one by one please pleasr..........

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** TAMPERED ***
    *** RELOCKED ***
    *** Security Warning ***
    Vigor PVT SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-2.25.0000
    eMMC-boot

First you should go to shipped-roms.com and download the vigor ics ruu.exe, the rezound downloads there are under vigor . Plug your phone into your computer and from hboot highlight fastboot press power and run the .exe file from your computer and follow the on screen instructions, this will return your phone to full stock ics. Make sure you download the vigor ics ruu.exe as the GB ruu will not work with s-on.
    You can also download this: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/0...ull-ruu-build-4-03-605-2-for-the-htc-rezound/ it's the latest ruu it'll update your hboot, stock recovery, rom, and radios, to latest stock. Just download, rename the zip file to PH98IMG (don't include .zip it is a zip file it'll add it on its own in hboot) put it on your sd card, not in a folder just on. Put it back in your phone and boot to bootloader and runn the update, when it powers off. Run it again. (As it has to update the hboot to 2.27 first)Then you'll be on the stock latest. Then root and Rom from there. Of you need help pm me for my gtalk and I could walk you thru it..

sent from my s-off reZound rockin' viperRez Rom on global ICS firmware:)
    Sounds like no boot.img
    Sounds like no boot.img

Its because of the security warning. The phone wont boot if it says that he has to run an RUU

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible
    BTW just to note...if your bootloader is locked fastboot flash methods will not work 90 percent of the time...if you flashed liquid 3.0 that's more than likely your problem with mms as that is a beta...but on more recent 4.3 builds mms is fixed...and no its not the same kernel...just similar source code...liquid 2.9 does not have this mms issue...any random reboots on 4.2 are caused by min frequency not set right at 384 mhz and using amon ra to flash or not doing a proper clean flash....I do recommend s-off as it will make life much easier for you for modding things or flashing custom zips and for future flashing back to full stock if needed as its not possible while s-on...you can always pm me for help as I've yet to run into an error I can't fix unless posted in op caused by source