642 posts
Thanks Meter: 82

By ryotgz, Senior Member on 28th September 2012, 06:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st March 2013, 12:14 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi all,

is it possible to flash this ROM (HTC Titan 7.8 8835 Europe stock base w/Full Unlock) and then upgrade to 8862 through Zune?

Thanks,

maTTeo
21st March 2013, 07:22 AM |#102  
Flag Opelika, AL
Thanks Meter: 53

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcerio

Hi all,

is it possible to flash this ROM (HTC Titan 7.8 8835 Europe stock base w/Full Unlock) and then upgrade to 8862 through Zune?

Thanks,

maTTeo

Unlock means many things here, please be more specific as to what type of unlock. Assuming you're HSPL, the last time I tried that my device reverted back to OSPL and I did it by accident; it took a miracle to re-HSPL. Now if you're coming to the party subsidy unlock only but locked every way else aka stock, the answer is yes, Zune will do both updates. Despite the fact, I'm using Eburon 2.2 I was told there was an update via Zune when I sync my phone to my laptop, but there's no way I'm risking it. I will be updating to Eburon 3.0 later this week via bootloader mode (old school).
22nd March 2013, 01:46 AM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berrywr

Unlock means many things here, please be more specific as to what type of unlock. Assuming you're HSPL, the last time I tried that my device reverted back to OSPL and I did it by accident; it took a miracle to re-HSPL. Now if you're coming to the party subsidy unlock only but locked every way else aka stock, the answer is yes, Zune will do both updates. Despite the fact, I'm using Eburon 2.2 I was told there was an update via Zune when I sync my phone to my laptop, but there's no way I'm risking it. I will be updating to Eburon 3.0 later this week via bootloader mode (old school).

I am on HSPL and currently on custom ROM Dynamics 2.0 8858, which due to a problem, cannot be updated through Zune, as explained in the relative post.
Now, 8858 suffers from the annoying live tile update problem, so I would like to update to another full-unlock ROM with 8862, that should fix the live tile update problem.
Given that I don't like the Eburon customisation, I was wondering if I can flash TGZ 8835, and then update it to 8862 through Zune keeping full unlock and HSPL.

Hope this clarifies!

Cheers

maTTeo
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)