FORUMS

[ROM][ICS]Xperia S LT26i Official Sony 6.1.A.2.50 Generic Italy(Fast direct download)

318 posts
Thanks Meter: 173

By tsukeyomi, Senior Member on 30th September 2012, 02:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Hello XDA Community,

Today i'd like to contribute by making, uploading and sharing the latest ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) firmware for Sony Xperia S (LT26i).

This is the official Italian (no brand) (SI: 1257-5499_R4G) ftf of the 6.1.A.2.50 firmware, you can flash it with FlashTool, if you don't know how to do it follow this guide, one of many you can find around the web. Don't worry, the process is quick and simple.

You can use this firmware everywhere (it's not only for the Italian territory) and of course you can choose the language right after you install it (lots of languages included, even many Arabics and Asians one).

If you need to have root permissions on this firmware, it is possible. Just follow one of the guides you can find here on XDA. If you want, i updated my guide on how to root ICS (i wrote the guide for the previous firmware, now that i updated it i show how root this one too). The guide is very simple and noob-proof.

You can download the ftf file here, i provided a fast direct download (no waiting, no queue, no P2P).

Hope i helped, hit thanks if you appreciate, if you have any problem just pm me.

Following there's an italian translation for this post (if it's against the rules, no problems, i'll remove it).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Un saluto alla comunità di XDA,

Oggi contribuisco creando, caricando e condividendo il più recente firmware ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) per Sony Xperia S (LT26i).

Questa è la versione ufficiale Italiana (no brand) (SI: 1257-5499_R4G) del firmware 6.1.A.2.50, potete installarla con FlashTool, per chi non sapesse come fare c'è questa guida, una delle tante che si possono trovare in giro per il web. Non vi preoccupate, il processo è semplice e veloce.

E' possibile utilizzare questo firmware ovunque (non e' destinato solo al territorio italiano), e si puo' ovviamente scegliere la lingua subito dopo l'installazione (ce ne sono molte incluse, anche lingue Asiatiche e Arabiche).

E' possibile ottenere i permessi di root su questo firmware, basta seguire una delle guide che potete trovare su XDA. Se vi interessa, ho aggiornato la mia guida (NB: e' solo in inglese) su come rootare ICS (l'avevo scritta per il firmware precedente, ora che l'ho aggiornata spiego anche come rootare questo). La guida e' semplice e a prova di novizio.

Potete scaricare il file ftf qui, ho provveduto a fornire un link veloce in download diretto (non dovete aspettare, non ci sono code e non è P2P).

Spero di avervi aiutato, premete il tasto THANKS se apprezzate, per ogni problema mandatemi pure un messaggio privato.
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to tsukeyomi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tsukeyomi Ad-Free
30th September 2012, 06:26 PM |#2  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukeyomi

Hello XDA Community,

Today i'd like to contribute by making, uploading and sharing the latest ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) firmware for Sony Xperia S (LT26i).

This is the official Italian (no brand) (SI: 1257-5499_R4G) ftf of the 6.1.A.2.50 firmware, you can flash it with FlashTool, if you don't know how to do it follow this guide, one of many you can find around the web. Don't worry, the process is quick and simple.

You can use this firmware everywhere (it's not only for the Italian territory) and of course you can choose the language right after you install it (lots of languages included, even many Arabics and Asians one).

If you need to have root permissions on this firmware, it is possible. Just follow one of the guides you can find here on XDA. If you want, i updated my guide on how to root ICS (i wrote the guide for the previous firmware, now that i updated it i show how root this one too). The guide is very simple and noob-proof.

You can download the ftf file here, i provided a fast direct download (no waiting, no queue, no P2P).

Hope i helped, hit thanks if you appreciate, if you have any problem just pm me.

Following there's an italian translation for this post (if it's against the rules, no problems, i'll remove it).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Un saluto alla comunità di XDA,

Oggi contribuisco creando, caricando e condividendo il più recente firmware ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) per Sony Xperia S (LT26i).

Questa è la versione ufficiale Italiana (no brand) (SI: 1257-5499_R4G) del firmware 6.1.A.2.50, potete installarla con FlashTool, per chi non sapesse come fare c'è questa guida, una delle tante che si possono trovare in giro per il web. Non vi preoccupate, il processo è semplice e veloce.

E' possibile utilizzare questo firmware ovunque (non e' destinato solo al territorio italiano), e si puo' ovviamente scegliere la lingua subito dopo l'installazione (ce ne sono molte incluse, anche lingue Asiatiche e Arabiche).

E' possibile ottenere i permessi di root su questo firmware, basta seguire una delle guide che potete trovare su XDA. Se vi interessa, ho aggiornato la mia guida (NB: e' solo in inglese) su come rootare ICS (l'avevo scritta per il firmware precedente, ora che l'ho aggiornata spiego anche come rootare questo). La guida e' semplice e a prova di novizio.

Potete scaricare il file ftf qui, ho provveduto a fornire un link veloce in download diretto (non dovete aspettare, non ci sono code e non è P2P).

Spero di avervi aiutato, premete il tasto THANKS se apprezzate, per ogni problema mandatemi pure un messaggio privato.

Installed 1st time with Flashtool, Bin4ry root with restore works, so does recovery for XperiaS.and seems to be quite fast.titanium seems to be restoring apps and data. seems to be ok. Many thanks for the upload.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to corum3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift corum3 Ad-Free
30th September 2012, 08:17 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
what's new in this firmware version?
30th September 2012, 11:39 PM |#4  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 275

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukeyomi

Hello XDA Community,

Could you make a.flashable zip of.it? I dint have access.to my of.for.at.least 2 weeks, and I'm really desperated to put my hands in it
Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app
1st October 2012, 08:03 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumkugel13

what's new in this firmware version?

New baseband and in my experience it feels really faster. Not just an impression, it's something noticeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallardo5

Could you make a.flashable zip of.it? I dint have access.to my of.for.at.least 2 weeks, and I'm really desperated to put my hands in it
Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

Sorry i don't have much time lately. If maybe someone can do it i will add the link in the opening post or i'll do it when i'm free but don't count too much on that. Why can't you flash the ftf with flashtool?
1st October 2012, 09:03 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 766

More
Can you post Home.apk and HomeAdd.apk?
1st October 2012, 09:20 PM |#7  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 27

More
after extract the zip, I got 407 MB ftf... compared 622MB on 2.45 (and previous sony lt26 ics fw around 600MB). Is it normal?
1st October 2012, 11:00 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Installed this and on first run (phone works fine it seems) a message appears saying:
Error: Error processing purchase.[DF-BPA-10]

WTH is that? I've never received an error like that after updating firmware. Also, extracted file size is much smaller than previous ftf files. This is very odd.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xadious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xadious Ad-Free
2nd October 2012, 05:12 AM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xadious

Installed this and on first run (phone works fine it seems) a message appears saying:
Error: Error processing purchase.[DF-BPA-10]

WTH is that? I've never received an error like that after updating firmware. Also, extracted file size is much smaller than previous ftf files. This is very odd.

As far as I know thats a play store error go to settings > applications > all tab > select play store wait and then clear data and reboot the device. The issue should be fixed ....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hypergamer1231 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hypergamer1231 Ad-Free
2nd October 2012, 05:37 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Oh ok, thanks.

Seems camera focusses faster now, but video focus is still slow as ever.

Edit: Just cleared data for camera under the apps section and reselected all the camera options - not sure if it's just in my head but video camera focus seems faster now also. Will be testing over the next few days. Lets hope the focussing issues under low light are gone.
2nd October 2012, 07:18 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFU11

after extract the zip, I got 407 MB ftf... compared 622MB on 2.45 (and previous sony lt26 ics fw around 600MB). Is it normal?

No it is not normal from the other post "World" is the italian to you have 648 after download.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)