FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Google Field Trip (APK for non-US users)

1,020 posts
Thanks Meter: 99

By fortesquieu, Senior Member on 1st October 2012, 05:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I recently discovered this app, some of you have already have it. For those who haven't tried it, go try it, it's really cool.

From Google Play Store:
Field Trip is your guide to the cool, hidden, and unique things in the world around you. Field Trip runs in the background on your phone. When you get close to something interesting, it pops up a card with details about the location. No click is required. If you have a headset or bluetooth connected, it can even read the info to you.
Field Trip can help you learn about everything from local history to the latest and best places to shop, eat, and have fun. You select the local feeds you like and the information pops up on your phone automatically, as you walk next to those places.

Currently, it is only available for US users, so just go to Play Store to download this.

For non-US users, here is the APK.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/itbo9xxamq...ct.scout-1.apk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fortesquieu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fortesquieu Ad-Free

2nd October 2012, 04:33 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Would the apk work for non US users since I would assume the information is US based at the moment? I guess it would be cool if a trip was planned. I installed it and turned the notifications to low and I have only gotten one thing pop-up. Very interesting if you like history.

Sent from my At&t GSIII running CM10
2nd October 2012, 05:50 PM |#3  
Flag Clermont, FL
Thanks Meter: 422

More
I tried this and it was a major battery hog for me on the tmo jb leak. Haven't tried it on the Sprint leak yet.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
3rd October 2012, 12:39 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_129

Would the apk work for non US users since I would assume the information is US based at the moment? I guess it would be cool if a trip was planned. I installed it and turned the notifications to low and I have only gotten one thing pop-up. Very interesting if you like history.

Sent from my At&t GSIII running CM10

I just installed it (I'm in the UK), and scrolled on the map to London, and it shows loads of cards. So there definitely is information for outside the USA.

Edit: there doesn't seem to be much outside of London though.
4th October 2012, 10:53 AM |#5  
Flag washington nj
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Remember this app can track your every move it runs hidden in the background with no way to turn it off. And yes it is a battery hog..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)