FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Bon Voyage Sidekick 4G say hi to bhundven!

3,760 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,535

By TheLastSidekick, Recognized Contributor on 1st October 2012, 01:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This about sums it up Lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZl7...e_gdata_player

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TheLastSidekick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheLastSidekick Ad-Free

1st October 2012, 09:00 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can't see the video cause its private but I know its good news
The Following User Says Thank You to jalbertrmz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jalbertrmz Ad-Free
1st October 2012, 09:50 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Massachusetts

Donate to Me
More
Whoops! Thanks, sorry I forgot to unmark it! xD

The Following User Says Thank You to TheLastSidekick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheLastSidekick Ad-Free
1st October 2012, 10:05 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSidekick

Whoops! Thanks, sorry I forgot to unmark it! xD

Thanks for giving the SK4G new hope. Cant wait to see some progress although I know that's going to take some time
2nd October 2012, 12:53 AM |#5  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 4,539

Donate to Me
More
Yea, My hope is to get 3 different kernels running on this phone in two weeks. It may take a little bit longer.

1) cm6 based on the stock froyo kernel src drop.
2) teamacid's current 2.6.35 gb/ics
3) teamacid's port of aries 3.0.8 ics (eventually jb)

After the kernel is up and booting a basic set of features on the rom, I'll be sending it back to TLS and pushing out some test images.

There will be new recoveries and... I'm sure... a fist full of problems to work through. But it's a start.

Thanks again to nxd!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bhundven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bhundven Ad-Free
2nd October 2012, 06:45 AM |#6  

More
Wow two weeks? thats great news and thanks nxd, TheLastSidekick and bhundven for everything!
2nd October 2012, 06:54 AM |#7  
Flag Seattle, WA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalbertrmz

Wow two weeks? thats great news and thanks nxd, TheLastSidekick and bhundven for everything!

Well, two weeks of straight work. In the end, including having to live my real life as well, it may be a month. The two weeks being time-sliced between finding a job, being Mr. Mom and other work I am doing.
2nd October 2012, 08:29 PM |#8  
Detroit
Thanks Meter: 211

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhundven

Well, two weeks of straight work. In the end, including having to live my real life as well, it may be a month. The two weeks being time-sliced between finding a job, being Mr. Mom and other work I am doing.

ill be down to help, i might be getting an htc one s or gs3 here soon so id be willing to test whatever on the sidekick
2nd October 2012, 08:46 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HewettBR

ill be down to help, i might be getting an htc one s or gs3 here soon so id be willing to test whatever on the sidekick

Well, I'm going to leave the testing to bhundven, he's playing with serious stuff here akin to fire. If you play with it and mess up, you will get burned unless you have unbrickable mod down. (Which he said he'll be doing). Unless you're willing to jump into the fire, I don't recommend it. Not to say he's going to put out something unstable, but keep in mind he's pretty much developing from the ground up and problems can arise.
2nd October 2012, 08:52 PM |#10  
Flag Seattle, WA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSidekick

Well, I'm going to leave the testing to bhundven, he's playing with serious stuff here akin to fire. If you play with it and mess up, you will get burned unless you have unbrickable mod down. (Which he said he'll be doing). Unless you're willing to jump into the fire, I don't recommend it. Not to say he's going to put out something unstable, but keep in mind he's pretty much developing from the ground up and problems can arise.

Nah, don't need unbrickable mod for kernel testing.
I will do it if something bad happens, but I doubt that will happen.
2nd October 2012, 09:20 PM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HewettBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhundven

Nah, don't need unbrickable mod for kernel testing.
I will do it if something bad happens, but I doubt that will happen.

Oh? Lol, I thought kernel flashing was dangerous if done wrong. You're the pro though lol, so all bets are on you. xD
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)