FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] How to use .ttf files without rooting your samsung phone?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By monstrx3L, Junior Member on 3rd October 2012, 08:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I feel like i've been searching all morning for a way to use .ttf files for system font.s. I absolutely do not want to root my phone, so I'm wondering how I can get this font from dafont on my phone called cafe & brewery...I usually use the flipfonts on the google market that are $0.99 but I wish I could just use my own. Can anyone help me out? I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section.

3rd October 2012, 09:23 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 218

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstrx3L

I feel like i've been searching all morning for a way to use .ttf files for system font.s. I absolutely do not want to root my phone, so I'm wondering how I can get this font from dafont on my phone called cafe & brewery...I usually use the flipfonts on the google market that are $0.99 but I wish I could just use my own. Can anyone help me out? I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section.

If you want to change the font on your phone, you will need root

Sent from my GT-I5800 using xda app-developers app
3rd October 2012, 10:12 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
I tried using z4root. I don't think it works with the samsung stratosphere. & I know this board is the galaxy 3, but from what I heard they're practically the same phones. There's no easy way to root a stratosphere, & even though I'm pretty decent with technology surrounding computers and blackberry's, I am relatively new to android software. :/
4th October 2012, 03:17 PM |#4  
Flag where the Wi-Fi is.
Thanks Meter: 471

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstrx3L

I tried using z4root. I don't think it works with the samsung stratosphere. & I know this board is the galaxy 3, but from what I heard they're practically the same phones. There's no easy way to root a stratosphere, & even though I'm pretty decent with technology surrounding computers and blackberry's, I am relatively new to android software. :/

Download SuperOneClick v1.9.5.0, enable "USB debugging" option under "Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging" on your phone, connect it to PC and click the big ROOT button and you're one of the happy ROOTed users out there in XDA
z4ROOT works for this phone also, but only on 2.1 (Eclair). For 2.2, use the method described above. HAPPY WARRANTY VOIDING
5th October 2012, 12:41 PM |#5  
Flag You don't wanna know.....
Thanks Meter: 9,630

Donate to Me
More
buh.....you can flash any custom kernel with adb root and push fonts to your system without rooting it...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Sent from my SGS-II powered by ~CyMod~10~
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
6th October 2012, 02:30 AM |#6  
Flag 25.00° N, 71.00° W
Thanks Meter: 429

More
WATCH OUT!! Most of the fonts from DaFonts website are too big for our screen. If I were you, I would use an app like Rom Toolbox from jrummy
7th October 2012, 01:34 AM |#7  
Flag You don't wanna know.....
Thanks Meter: 9,630

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak700

WATCH OUT!! Most of the fonts from DaFonts website are too big for our screen. If I were you, I would use an app like Rom Toolbox from jrummy

you need root access for that....OP doesn't want to root his phone...lol...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Sent from my SGS-II powered by ~CyMod~10~
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
10th February 2018, 11:07 AM |#8  

More
Can you tell me how to do it?
Can you tell me how to do it? @m1trand1r
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)