FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[WINDOWS][TOOL]Android ICS JB EXT4 ImageFile Unpacker!!!

540 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,121

By h311sdr0id, Inactive Recognized Developer on 5th October 2012, 06:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

Download NOW from SourceForge!!

VIEW YOUR SYSTEM.IMG (HAVEN'T TESTED OTHERS) FROM YOUR ODIN DUMPS IMG'S FROM THE TUTORIAL:
"[GUIDE][HOW-TO]Create custom ODIN packages"

VIEW THE IMG FILES AND THEN SAVE THEM AS EXT4!!!

VIEW XML (NICELY)

HEX TOO!!

For WINDOWS!!!

UNPACK folders to any place in Windows:

(ie: look at your system.img in this tool, then select the folder you want to have in Windows, right-click on it, and click "extract", and then choose where in your Windows Directory where you want it saved.)

"I had not tried it with anything but the System.img. But if you right-click on ANY folder in the tool, you can extract it (save a copy in windows) to anywhere. And it's totally readable. You can also extract the apk's, etc, etc.."

PERFECT TOOL. EASY TO USE. I FOUND IT WHILE BROWSING SOURCEFORGE AND NOBODY HAD DOWNLOADED IT YET.

DOWNLOAD HERE

PHOTO SOURCE: SourceForge.net (they were better than my screenshots)

THIS TOOL WAS NOT MADE BY ME. NOR DID I HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT OTHER THAN THE FACT I FOUND IT WHILE WHILE BROWSING...
The Following 72 Users Say Thank You to h311sdr0id For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift h311sdr0id Ad-Free

5th October 2012, 07:40 AM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Android RFS Unpacker
HERE IS ANOTHER TOOL FROM THE SAME PERSON:

HERE

THE ANDROID RFS UNPACKER

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to h311sdr0id For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift h311sdr0id Ad-Free
5th October 2012, 08:00 AM |#3  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 119

Donate to Me
More
Nice find.

Ta,
Alqi

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
5th October 2012, 10:20 AM |#4  
Flag Chadbourn, NC
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Nice find! Hopefully, this can help some of the Devs on here that know what they are looking at.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
10th October 2012, 05:43 PM |#5  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
It really helps me out a lot if I am stuck in Windows and don't feel like firing up my Ubuntu Machine or having to start VMware. I mainly use it for the Odin dumps I pull off my extSdCard (if I am already in Windoze...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to h311sdr0id For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift h311sdr0id Ad-Free
4th May 2013, 04:55 PM |#6  
Flag Karlshamn
Thanks Meter: 45

More
I get "Unknown file" when I try to open the .ext4 file. How do I fix this?
4th June 2013, 01:53 AM |#7  
Flag Lima
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaVikings1961

I get "Unknown file" when I try to open the .ext4 file. How do I fix this?

Me too.
2nd July 2013, 07:59 AM |#8  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 833

Donate to Me
More
Question I can See the files, But cannot do anything else
Quote:
Originally Posted by h311sdr0id

Download NOW from SourceForge!!

VIEW YOUR SYSTEM.IMG (HAVEN'T TESTED OTHERS) FROM YOUR ODIN DUMPS IMG'S FROM THE TUTORIAL:
"[GUIDE][HOW-TO]Create custom ODIN packages"

VIEW THE IMG FILES AND THEN SAVE THEM AS EXT4!!!

VIEW XML (NICELY)

HEX TOO!!

For WINDOWS!!!

UNPACK folders to any place in Windows:

(ie: look at your system.img in this tool, then select the folder you want to have in Windows, right-click on it, and click "extract", and then choose where in your Windows Directory where you want it saved.)

"I had not tried it with anything but the System.img. But if you right-click on ANY folder in the tool, you can extract it (save a copy in windows) to anywhere. And it's totally readable. You can also extract the apk's, etc, etc.."

PERFECT TOOL. EASY TO USE. I FOUND IT WHILE BROWSING SOURCEFORGE AND NOBODY HAD DOWNLOADED IT YET.

DOWNLOAD HERE

PHOTO SOURCE: SourceForge.net (they were better than my screenshots)

THIS TOOL WAS NOT MADE BY ME. NOR DID I HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT OTHER THAN THE FACT I FOUND IT WHILE WHILE BROWSING...

I can view the files inside the folder. But cannot do anything. It is shown in a dialogue window. When open it says, unknown file. Can anyone help to extract an apk from the list??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	2030
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	2085304  
The Following User Says Thank You to jolishj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jolishj Ad-Free
2nd August 2013, 08:04 PM |#9  
Flag Grapevine
Thanks Meter: 186

Donate to Me
More
Thanks! Works great.
4th September 2013, 07:36 PM |#10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1,185

More
Hi.. I saw your tutorial.. I tried to extract system.sin from my Stock ROM of Xperia S.. And when i did, i got to extract it in "ext4" format instead of what other tutorials showed me as "yaffs2" format.. Well, i googled about how to extract ext4 format files and found your tutorial.. I happened to find only app and bin folders as in the SS i have given you and even when i try to extract those folders i am unable to.. I see the error i have given you in 2nd SS.. And i couldn't even exit the application.. Can you help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1999
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	2235093   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	2070
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	2235094  
2nd October 2013, 06:29 AM |#11  
Flag owings mills
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhindrakv

Hi.. I saw your tutorial.. I tried to extract system.sin from my Stock ROM of Xperia S.. And when i did, i got to extract it in "ext4" format instead of what other tutorials showed me as "yaffs2" format.. Well, i googled about how to extract ext4 format files and found your tutorial.. I happened to find only app and bin folders as in the SS i have given you and even when i try to extract those folders i am unable to.. I see the error i have given you in 2nd SS.. And i couldn't even exit the application.. Can you help?

i get unknown file formay when i try to open a system.img file. or pretty much any file .it seems
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)