"Unauthorized Software Found" Notice -- How to reset it?

503 posts
Thanks Meter: 130

By droidian1441, Senior Member on 5th October 2012, 10:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys.

So I am very new to the Verizon Galaxy S3, and I didn't see this question anywhere that I looked in this section so forgive me anyways if it has been posted before.

After flashing the cm10 nightly from 2012-10-05 (October 5) I got the unauthorized software notice and I can't get it to go away.

Does anybody know how to reset it?

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

--Sam
The Following User Says Thank You to droidian1441 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift droidian1441 Ad-Free
5th October 2012, 10:28 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 163

More
You will have to Odin back to stock and start over. That message means you did not unlock your bootloader.
5th October 2012, 10:30 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Christiansburg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apacseven

You will have to Odin back to stock and start over. That message means you did not unlock your bootloader.

I did unlock my bootloader. But now that I can't tether it might be a while to download the 1.2GB file. Thanks man!
5th October 2012, 10:36 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 163

More
If you used ez unlock, there is a chance u had the version that wasnt unlocking properly. That message def comes from flashing custom kernel and a secure aboot in my experience. I think the version everyone said for sure works was 1.2.
5th October 2012, 10:37 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Christiansburg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apacseven

If you used ez unlock, there is a chance u had the version that wasnt unlocking properly. That message def comes from flashing custom kernel and a secure aboot in my experience. I think the version everyone said for sure works was 1.2.

I had to use 1.1 cause 1.2 wouldn't open on my phone. :/
6th October 2012, 04:16 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Yep, the dreaded triangle. I had use EZ Unlock v1.4 and it screwed me. Use v1.2 or v1.0 I had to Odin back to stock and start from there. All is running well now.

This was how I got it back to stock (rooted). I had to use that special tip in the grey box to work for mine.
6th October 2012, 05:00 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I remember when I had this happen to me. I was a total noob at flashing when I got my S3. Tried to install some rom with custom kernel and kept getting this at reboot. Didn't know anything about unlocking bootloader

A month later and I'm a pro... Well maybe not a pro, but no more triangle of death!

At the time, though, I nearly **** my pants lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
7th October 2012, 04:58 AM |#8  
Flag LA
Thanks Meter: 1

More
That happened to me, I thought sh#%, I gotta go to Verizon and act stupid. I Messed with it for a few minutes and figured it out. Then odined it back. You learn fast thanks to the geniuses in these forums.

7th May 2013, 09:03 PM |#9  
Southern NH
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Sorry for posting on an old thread but I though a link to Ez Unlocker V1.2 would be nice for anyone else having this problem. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=31819403
8th May 2013, 12:37 PM |#10  
Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 55,666

Donate to Me
More
Please read forum rules before posting
Questions and help issues go in Q&A
Thread moved
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
10th May 2013, 02:15 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Had this happen to me last weekend. I thought my boot loader was unlocked but it turned out the superuser app I flashed (which I thought was an updated one) didn't have the thing to unlock the boot loader. Basically I just rooted and assumed I had it unlocked... Then flashed MOAR and after aroma froze 5 times and finally got the whole way through i met mr triangle. Haha

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
question

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)