FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][ JB 4.2.2 | 3.0.x KRNL | TWRP | GSM/CDMA ] AOKP SGT7 - JB MR1 - ver: 15/09/2013

479 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,325

Post Reply Email Thread
AOKP SGT7

*** JELLYBEAN EDITION (includes JB and JB MR1) ***

Android Open Kang Project (AOKP)
for Samsung Galaxy Tab (GSM/CDMA)

<< AOKP SGT7 website >>

:: : [ FACEBOOK ] :: [ TWITTER ] :: [ GOOGLE+ ] :: [ GITHUB ] :: [ GOO.IM ] : ::

:: : [ ICS BUILD THREAD ] : ::

Quote:

*** READ THIS FIRST POST BEFORE DOWNLOADING OR POSTING IN THIS THREAD ***

Quote:

[ :: DISCLAIMER :: ]

this rom is a BETA, it is NOT complete. it will definitely have bugs or things that don't work the way they should. FLASHING THIS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! i take no responsibility for any damage flashing this rom may cause to your tablet, computer, family members, pets, the environment, or the planet. remember, by downloading this rom and flashing it on your tablet, you accept that it may not work as it should.

this rom is based on the SGT7 TE4M's device and vendor files, therefore anything not working in the official CM10 builds, won't work on this (and some things that do may not even work).

*** WARNING!!! ***

THE BUILDS OF AOKP SGT7 JELLYBEAN COME WITH A NEW PARTITION LAYOUT WHICH IS DIFFERENT TO THE ICS RELEASES - IF YOU WISH TO RETURN TO ICS FOR ANY REASON YOU NEED TO RESTOCK YOUR TABLET!!! (same goes for going back to Gingerbread)

Quote:

this rom is not official, it means that you wont find it on AOKP's download pages, you wont find it on their github, and you wont get any help asking them about this build. it is not supported by TeamKang (creators of AOKP), and may never be. do not attempt to download any of the roms on their website / forums and flash them on to a GalaxyTab. downloading roms built for other devices will cause you great heartache and either turn your tablet into an expensive brick, or you will have to restock / reflash your tablet.

furthermore - it seems TeamKang have dropped support for the CDMA variant of the GalaxyTab for their JB builds - this is now one of the only releases of AOKP you will find for ANY of the "OG" GalaxyTabs. you can still download an official release of AOKP for the CDMA variants for ICS - THIS IS NOT THIS ROM

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Quote:

[ :: BUGS / KNOWN ISSUES :: ]

of course, being a beta there is bugs. first and foremost, i will say it again, this build of AOKP is based on the SGT7 TE4M's device, vendor and kernels, therefore: ANYTHING THAT DOESNT WORK ON CM10 WILL NOT WORK ON THIS BUILD EITHER!

during my testing of AOKP features i have noticed the following bugs:
  • Internal Storage mounting problems - people have reported issues with the internal SD card not being mounted at start-up, this is a bug in all SGT7 device builds, and can be helped by removing your external sdcard at bootup - it is caused by the external sdcard having too many files and delaying the mount at build.
  • Boot animation out of place during boot - this is also another SGT7 device-wide issue, due to the messed up rotation on the device, it will fix itself during bootup and is purely cosmetic.
  • CRT screen-off animation - another issue caused by the broken rotation on the SGT7, this will never work (the settings in ROMControl will not affect the turn off animation), however - if you disable this feature you will get a nice fade out.
  • Lockscreen layout in Landscape Dual-Pane - i fixed the layout for Portrait, but i would have had to rewrite the whole lockscreen section to fix the Landscape layout - you can either disable Dual Pane mode, or only modify your Lockscreen settings in Portrait

this as i said is a beta, and each person that flashes this is in a way a tester...

so you think you have found a bug in AOKP SGT7? - thats great! (well, not really but at least its a step closer to it being potentially fixed!)

here is what you do:

yes, thats all... well its not - read it, follow it, and remember one thing:

Quote:

BUGS / FEATURE REQUESTS POSTED IN THIS TOPIC WILL BE IGNORED AND POSSIBLY REPORTED TO MODERATORS - KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAN - THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE A BUG TRACKER NOW!!!

Quote:

[ :: CREDITS :: ]

first and foremost, without the use of SGT7 TE4M's device, vendor and kernel this project would never have worked. their excellent work has gotten all of us ICS, and now JB on the galaxy tab, and personally i am forever grateful for their work.

also without TeamKang, the people behind AOKP, this release would never have been possible. they have put in a massive amount of work to get this working for a lot of devices (just not ours).

so without further ado, i thank the following:

THE SGT7 TE4M ::

angel_666
cdesai
humberos
jt1134
koxudaxi
red_rebel
sbradymobile
Techomancer

special thanks goes out to:

>> cdesai :: he has helped me out on a fair few things along the way and shown support whereever he can, and is the head honcho of the SGT7 TE4M (and the main reason the SGT7 TE4M and its work exists). for his assitance and work i am forever grateful.

>> HumberOS :: his modified kernel (he also did a lot of the work for the CM9/CM10 official kernels) is the heart of this rom - without it this rom would be only half as customizable for our devices. he also helped during the ICS builds with kernel building for BML builds when i could not.

>> sbradymobile :: without his modifications (especially Trebuchet) this build would be just another unofficial AOKP build - he is the wizard behind a lot of the extra "features" included in these builds.

>> jt1134 - not only a reason CM9/CM10 is what it is today, but the pioneer in all things CDMA - without his work the official AOKP ICS builds would probably not exist in their capacity today, nor would the CDMA builds i release.

>> check out the official CM10 forum --> HERE
>> check out their github --> https://github.com/sgt7

TEAMKANG (THE CREATORS OF AOKP) ::

Roman
Whitehawkx
ProTekk
Zaphod-Beeble
Sethyx

>> check out the official website --> http://aokp.co
>> check out their github --> https://github.com/AOKP

... there is more - be sure to check the list in the About AOKP section in ROMControl
The Following 64 Users Say Thank You to stimpz0r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stimpz0r Ad-Free

6th October 2012, 05:43 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cranbourne East

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

[ :: SCREENSHOTS / VIDEOS :: ]

here is a few screenshots of AOKP SGT7 - Jellybean Edition in action on my tablet:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-06-17-25-56.jpg
Views:	15116
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1380981Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-06-17-26-20.jpg
Views:	14492
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	1380983Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-06-17-26-52.jpg
Views:	15172
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	1380984Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-06-17-27-17.jpg
Views:	13716
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	1380985Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-06-17-27-26.jpg
Views:	12158
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	1380991Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-06-17-53-08.jpg
Views:	11462
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	1380992Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-06-17-53-18.jpg
Views:	11086
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	1380993Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-06-17-56-32.jpg
Views:	10532
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	1380994Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-06-17-57-17.jpg
Views:	9816
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	1381000Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-06-18-13-01.jpg
Views:	9676
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	1381001

Quote:

[ :: DOWNLOADS :: ]

with the release of JB, i have decided to change from basing my build's around the AOKP official "builds" / "milestones". each release will now be date stamped (as well as each kernel) in the following format: YYYYMMDD - i.e. the first build is "aokp_sgt7-p1-jb_20121006" - thats a p1 (GT-P1000) build released on 06/10/2012.

this means that the builds i release won't neccesarily match up to the official builds - check the changelog for the official build it was released around. releases may occur either more than once between official builds, or may skip a few official builds.

don't like having to download a new version of AOKP SGT7 each time one is released?

OTA UPDATES AVAILABLE :: DOWNLOAD GooManager from the Play Store after installing, all thanks to the team at Goo.IM

BUILDS :: http://aokp.sgt7.net/downloads/aokp-...egory/4-builds

MIRROR :: http://goo.im/devs/stimpz0r/aokp-sgt7/jb/builds

JB MR1 :: FOR JB MR1 BUILDS... (Android Jellybean 4.2.2)

*** ALL JELLYBEAN MR1 DOWNLOADS HAVE THE NEW LOGO AS SEEN ON THE FIRST POST ABOVE ***

*** P1L/P1N (GT-P1000L/N) USERS PLEASE NOTE ***

there was an issue with the way AOKP SGT7 JB-MR1 20130502 and the p1ln.sh script works, the ROM wasn't setting the correct property in default.prop, where the p1ln.sh script reads the device from. to be safe - i suggest that all P1L / P1N users:

DOWNLOAD THE P1LN KERNEL AND FLASH IT BEFORE YOU REBOOT AFTER FLASHING THIS RELEASE - IT WILL ENSURE THE CORRECT KERNEL IS INSTALLED

*** P1C (CDMA - SCH-I800/SPH-P100) USERS PLEASE NOTE ***

unfortunately the CDMA variants have fallen behind (the main man jt1134 seems to have gone quiet in respect to the P1C in recent times), as such - none of the active developers have the P1C variant, and have no way to test the current kernel. there has been reports that both mobile data and usb will not work on these kernels. i repeat:

THE 3.0.X KERNEL RELEASED WITH THIS BUILD IS HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL - IT WILL NOT WORK AS EXPECTED. EXPECT NO USB OR MOBILE DATA TO WORK WITH THIS.

P1/L/N - GSM (GT-P1000/L/N) :: http://aokp.sgt7.net/downloads/aokp-...m-gt-p1000-l-n
P1C - CDMA (SCH-I800 / SPH-P100) :: http://aokp.sgt7.net/downloads/aokp-...-i800-sph-p100

GAPPS (FOR JB 4.2.2) :: (01/03/2013) - [ :: DOWNLOAD :: ]

JB :: FOR JB BUILDS... (Android Jellybean 4.1.2)

*** ALL JELLYBEAN DOWNLOADS HAVE DARK BLUE LOGOS ***

P1 - GSM (GT-P1000) :: http://aokp.sgt7.net/downloads/aokp-...1-gsm-gt-p1000
P1C - CDMA (SCH-I800 / SPH-P100) :: http://aokp.sgt7.net/downloads/aokp-...-i800-sph-p100
P1L - GSM LATIN (GT-P1000L) :: http://aokp.sgt7.net/downloads/aokp-...atin-gt-p1000l
P1N - GSM US (GT-P1000N) :: http://aokp.sgt7.net/downloads/aokp-...m-us-gt-p1000n

GAPPS (FOR JB 4.1.2) :: (11/10/2012) - [ :: DOWNLOAD :: ]

KERNELS :: http://aokp.sgt7.net/downloads/aokp-...gory/5-kernels (LOOK FOR NEW 3.0.x KERNELS HERE)

gapps links are hosted on goo.im, check out http://goo.im/gapps/ for latest gapps package (download the CyanogenMod 10.x version)

SOURCE :: http://github.com/stimpz0r

Quote:

[ :: INSTALLATION :: ]

FOR ALL VARIANTS ::
  • copy the rom onto your SD card or internal memory
  • reboot in to ClockworkMod Recovery
  • go to wipe menu
  • select "wipe data / factory reset" from the main menu and "wipe dalvik cache" from the "advanced" menu ** MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS BEFORE INSTALLING THE ROM **
  • READ ME :: if this is your first installation of JB (i.e. you are coming from ICS) you will get a status 7 error and a message that flashing this will wipe your data - IT SHOULD NOT AFFECT YOUR INTERNAL/EXTERNAL SDCARD (but don't quote me on that) - to confirm you understand this you will need to select the rom again.
  • after a few seconds, the tablet will reboot and MAY (if you have just upgraded to MTD) go into a bootloop. you will see a CWM recovery screen flash up, then boot cycle. hold down the vol up key as soon as you see it power cycle and it should go back to recovery (if this doesn't work then hold the power button for 10 seconds to turn it off, and turn it back on while holding both power + volume up - when you see the Samsung logo let go of the power button while still holding volume up).
  • go to install -> choose from either internal / external sd card -> navigate and select the zip file
  • after a few seconds, the tablet will reboot and go into a bootloop (you will see a CWM recovery screen flash up). hold down the vol up key and it should go back to recovery.
  • again, go to install -> choose from either internal / external sd card -> navigate and select the zip file for the rom
  • do the same as above for gapps (google apps)
  • reboot

IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON GOING BACK TO AN ICS BUILD OF AOKP, OR ANY OTHER ICS ROMS ROMS YOU MUST DO THE FOLLOWING:

you need to restock and install a custom kernel with CWM 5+ before attempting to install the MTD based rom. restocking and installing Overcome (or at the very least the Overcome Kernel) on the P1000 is necessary to ensure that there are no problems with the conversion to MTD (restock ensures a clean system and partitions, flashing overcome's kernel gives us an updated CWM recovery which is needed to flash an MTD rom), and the last thing anyone wants is for their tab to fail and become bricked. read the link above to further explain MTD; what it is and what its benefits are. for the end user its not a big noticable change, but the possibilities it opens make it very worthwhile.

FOLLOW THE RESTOCKING STEPS FOR YOUR DEVICE, THEN FOLLOW THE "FOR ALL VARIANTS" STEPS BELOW

FOR P1000 (GSM) ONLY ::

FOR ALL OVERCOME FILES AND GUIDES PLEASE GO HERE (thanks to sos_sifou): XDA :: [ROM][2.3.6] Overcome Rom 4.1.0 new links

follow Team Overcomes excellent installation guide all the way for going back to Gingerbread.

if you are going back to ICS follow the guide up to the flashing of the Overcome Kernel and rebooting, but as soon as you reboot then you go straight to CWM recovery (hold power + volume up)

FOR P1000L (GSM) ONLY ::

NEED TO FILL THIS IN! research first before flashing!!!

FOR P1000N (GSM) ONLY ::

NEED TO FILL THIS IN! research first before flashing!!!

FOR SCH-I800 / SPH-P100 (CDMA) ONLY ::

here is a good tutorial for going from stock to CM9 on the CDMA variants:

[HOLY CRAP][SPRINT P100] Stock to ICS - Complete Walkthrough

you don't need to install build 7 at the end of the above guide, but once you have done installing build #5, follow the guide below to get to AOKP SGT7.

*** WARNING ***

IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER YOU MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO YOUR TABLET!

i will not be held responsible for any damage you cause by not doing as you have been told. this is your only warning. any complaints about something going wrong because you haven't followed these to the letter WILL BE IGNORED.

if you are already on an MTD based rom, follow the instructions i gave under the FOR ALL VARIANTS section (you do not need to restock everytime you install a new MTD based rom), and you should be fine (it wont reboot/bootloop the first time you flash if you are already on MTD), you may not even need to wipe data / dalvik cache if its from a previous MTD build of AOKP, but if you are having problems, it is the first thing you should do.
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to stimpz0r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stimpz0r Ad-Free
6th October 2012, 05:44 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cranbourne East

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

[ :: CHANGELOG :: ]

AOKP SGT7 :: CHANGELOG

JB MR1 :: AOKP SGT7 - JB MR1 BUILDS... (Android Jellybean 4.2.2)

BUILD DATE :: 15/09/2013
AOKP OFFICIAL BUILD :: jb-mr1 - after milestone #2

>> android_device_samsung_p1

(*) (2013-08-05) UPDATE :: use google's gcc 4.7 toolchain for kernel building
(*) (2013-08-12) UPDATE :: rework p1ln.sh

>> android_device_samsung_p1c

(*) (2013-06-08) UPDATE :: p1c updates
(*) (2013-06-08) UPDATE :: use @humberos 3.0.x kernel for p1c
(*) (2013-08-05) UPDATE :: use google's gcc 4.7 toolchain for kernel building
(#) (2013-09-08) FIXED :: double BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE

>> android_device_samsung_p1-common

(+) (2013-06-09) FEATURE :: configuration for TWRP
(*) (2013-08-12) UPDATE :: change some TWRP settings

>> android_kernel_samsung_aries

(+) (2013-06-25) FEATURE :: Ezekeel's Deep Idle
(+) (2013-07-18) FEATURE :: Linaro optimizations & fixes
(+) (2013-07-19) FEATURE :: three new governors / disabled powersave & userspace
(*) (2013-07-22) UPDATE :: cpufreq / ondemand >> sampling down momentum
(#) (2013-07-23) FIXED :: stop warning about show_boosttime
(+) (2013-07-23) FEATURE :: Smooth UI
(*) (2013-07-23) UPDATE :: cpufreq / ondemand >> io_is_busy = 0
(*) (2013-07-29) UPDATE :: random / entropy >> use nonblocking for all
(*) (2013-07-29) UPDATE :: sched / LOAD_FREQ >> (4*HZ+61) avoids loadavg Moire
(+) (2013-07-29) FEATURE :: Wifi Power Mode on screen-off
(*) (2013-07-29) UPDATE :: block / row >> tweak some default values
(+) (2013-07-30) FEATURE :: android / lowmemorykiller >> kill the task closest to the memory needed to be freed
(+) (2013-07-30) FEATURE :: android / lowmemorykiller >> add whitelist PIDs that will never be killed
(*) (2013-07-31) UPDATE :: improved memcopy / memmove
(+) (2013-07-31) FEATURE :: arm / crypto >> add assembler optimized AES and SHA1 routines for ARM platforms
(*) (2013-08-04) UPDATE :: more ram (decrese FB buffers / bootmem tweaks)
(*) (2013-08-05) UPDATE :: AOKP SGT7 bootsplash
(*) (2013-08-05) UPDATE :: AOKP SGT7 v1.0
(#) (2013-09-03) FIXED :: update to dhd_linux broke Wifi PM, fixed.

>> build

(#) (2013-08-18) FIXED :: releasetools: use a prebuilt boot image if using a custom boot image makefile

>> build-scripts

(*) (2013-06-09) UPDATE :: updates to work with jb-mr1 builds...
(*) (2013-08-05) UPDATE :: refactor kernel package creation
(*) (2013-08-08) UPDATE :: fixes and cleanups

>> frameworks_base

(*) (2013-08-12) UPDATE :: include settings for Deep Idle / Wifi PM

>> packages_apps_AboutAOKPSGT7

(*) (2013-09-03) UPDATE :: v1.1

>> packages_apps_PerformanceControl

(-) (2013-08-07) REMOVED :: Revert "FIX: working Voltage Control on the SGT7"
(+) (2013-08-12) FEATURE :: Deep Idle / Wifi PM
(*) (2013-09-08) UPDATE :: Smooth UI / Kernel Tweaks rework
(-) (2013-09-12) REMOVED :: (temporarily) disabled Deep Idle

>> Team-Win-Recovery-Project

(#) (2013-08-08) FIXED :: change fuse to a shared library to stop clash with CM's fuse library

>> vendor_aokp

(*) (2013-08-07) UPDATE :: add Focal to installed apps / remove N7TempCallFix
(*) (2013-08-07) UPDATE :: new AOKP SGT7 bootanimation(s)
(#) (2013-08-12) FIXED :: use ro.cm.device instead of ro.aokp.device

BUILD DATE :: 02/05/2013
AOKP OFFICIAL BUILD :: jb-mr1 - after milestone #1

*** All features marked (SGT7) are ported from the SGT7 TE4M's repos and are generally by sbradymobile (unless system-related)

[+] FEATURE: Hybrid GSM builds (cdesai - SGT7)
[+] FEATURE: TabletUI Flip system bar (SGT7)
[+] FEATURE: disable Auto Brightness if device doesn't support it (SGT7)
[+] FEATURE: Large Recents thumbnails (SGT7)
[+] FEATURE: UMS on notification click (SGT7)
[+] FEATURE: Make use of Centre Clock in TabletUI
[+] FEATURE: Touchscreen Clock control & GPU Overclock (SGT7)
[+] FEATURE: About AOKP SGT7
[+] FEATURE: AOKP SGT7 additions from JB 4.1.2 kernel
[+] FIXED: Tablet UI - USB storage (SGT7)
[+] FIXED: NavRing layout
[+] FIXED: Legacy USB fixes (SGT7)
[+] FIXED: ROMControl - Section titles in Action Bar
[+] FIXED: Bring back PerformanceControl
[+] FIXED: (partial) fix of Lockscreen layout
[+] FIXED: Working Voltage Control on the SGT7
[+] FIXED: Multiple fixes for MDPI devices
[+] FIXED: Apollo - stop FC on startup
[+] UPDATED: Android Jellybean 4.2.2 (jb-mr1)
[+] UPDATED: AOKP SGT7 default wallpaper
[+] UPDATED: New AOKP SGT7 wallpapers
[+] UPDATED: New Trebuchet default homescreen layout

BUGS ::

[+] Internal Storage mounting problems - people have reported issues with the internal SD card not being mounted at start-up, this is a bug in all SGT7 device builds, and can be helped by removing your external sdcard at bootup - it is caused by the external sdcard having too many files and delaying the mount at build.
[+] Boot animation out of place during boot - this is also another SGT7 device-wide issue, due to the messed up rotation on the device, it will fix itself during bootup and is purely cosmetic.
[+] CRT screen-off animation - another issue caused by the broken rotation on the SGT7, this will never work (the settings in ROMControl will not affect the turn off animation), however - if you disable this feature you will get a nice fade out.
[+] Lockscreen layout in Landscape Dual-Pane - i fixed the layout for Portrait, but i would have had to rewrite the whole lockscreen section to fix the Landscape layout - you can either disable Dual Pane mode, or only modify your Lockscreen settings in Portrait

JB :: AOKP SGT7 - JB BUILDS... (Android Jellybean 4.1.2)

BUILD DATE :: 22/11/2012
AOKP OFFICIAL BUILD :: after Milestone #1

ALL DEVICES ::

(+) NEW: status bar / navigation bar / notification panel colour & transparency
(+) NEW: about AOKP SGT7 re-added
(+) NEW: volume slider in notification area
(+) NEW: option to toggle UMS by clicking the notification
(+) NEW: touchscreen clock speed (ported from ICS builds)
(+) NEW: gpu overclock (ported from ICS builds)
(+) NEW: CM File Manager included
(*) FIXED: changing lcd density will not reboot into recovery
(*) FIXED: Torch working and included
(*) UPDATED: change to CM Apollo repo (more up to date than sbradymobile version currently)
(*) UPDATED: Android 4.1.2

P1C (CDMA - SCH-I800 / SPH-P100) ::

(*) FIXED: re-enable vendor/samsung/p1c for proprietary files - why i disabled this i have NO idea! ;o
(*) FIXED: now using jt1134's proprietary files instead of CM's

P1L / P1N (GT-P100L / GT-P1000N) ::

(*) FIXED: p1l / p1n building now works (GT-P1000L/N now get their own builds & kernels)!

(*) status bar / navigation bar transparency doesn't work as intended at this point in time, its working, but doesnt show on the homescreen at this point in time... navigation transparency works fine (but could do with a few minor adjustments)

BUILD DATE :: 06/10/2012
AOKP OFFICIAL BUILD :: Build #4

INITIAL JELLYBEAN BUILD - CHANGES ::

+ NEW: AOKP SGT7 Kernel Logo / Bootanimation / Default Wallpaper / SGT7Walls / DeskClock ported over to JB
+ NEW: included Apollo / Trebuchet (sbradymobile edition) / P1Parts from SGT7 CM builds - Capacitive button control lives in P1Parts from here on in.
+ NEW: HumberOS JB kernel included for GSM builds (not for CDMA!) - 5 CPU governors from ICS also included on top of the usual ones included with HumberOS kernels
* FIXED: voltage control fixed again - works as it should (i hope!)
* FIXED: give system.radio permission to modify /dev/alarm (allows users to set the clock) - again.
* REMOVED: Apex Launcher will now no longer be included with AOKP SGT7 builds

* Vibrations menu in ROMControl will Force Close (FC) ROMControl, so far its not working but i have left it there to work on getting it going
* Battery Bar does not work in Tablet UI (won't show up no matter what you set it to)
* If you change the clock to centered on Hybrid Mode, then the clock will not show up in the notification area in Tablet UI - make sure you change it back to Right if you change to Tablet UI
* (not really a bug?) Toggles will not show in Tablet UI unless you click on the clock area.
* Holding down the Home Button to get to the Navbar Ring will cause the Recents Menu to appear
* Sliders on the Perfomance Menu for changing clock speed are terribly unresponsive (can take many clicks / long clicks to get it to change) - but they do work.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to stimpz0r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stimpz0r Ad-Free
6th October 2012, 05:44 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cranbourne East

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

[ :: THEMES / USER CONTRIBUTIONS :: ]

want to see your name up in lights (well at least included in here!), then feel free to contribute something!

i dont ask for donations for this rom or my work, but if you feel you want to contribute something, then get creative. i get joy from giving back to the community (thats all i need / ask for from my work on this rom), and so could you!

one of the first things that grabbed with with android was the customizability. i previously owned nokias before i got my first android phone (LG Optimus Swift GT540), and when i started on android i was blown away by the length you could go to customize your phone / tablet the way you want it. this was also the thing that pushed me to port AOKP over to our wonderful tablets. im looking for people who wish to help make AOKP on our Galaxy Tab an even better experience. post in this forum, or private message me with anything you wish to contribute, and if it passes it will appear in this section (with full credit to YOU).

one of the main things i am hoping for are graphics. contributing doesnt have to stop at graphics / logos though, if you think you have anything you can offer to contribute towards making this better for everyone, then feel free to speak up and give us (or me personally) your idea.

help out the community and contribute!

[ :: CONTRIBUTIONS TO AOKP SGT7 :: ]

first and foremost, id like to thank everyone who helps out by answering posts in this thread and helps out their fellow users of AOKP. not only do you make my job easier but you are doing your part to contribute, and i thank you for that!

the following people deserve a special mention for continually helping out the newer crowd:

OFFICIAL TESTERS ::

official testers are here to ensure your builds work correctly as possible before release - the current team stands at:

>> dodgem2012 (CDMA) :: our second CDMA tester, who has already been involved in checking on the newer CDMA builds.

>> priyana (GSM) :: not only helps out wherever possible, but is also one of the 3 dream team GSM testers - this member has not only single-handedly helped many people make the step to JB/ICS with his extensive knowledge, but is always willing to help out his fellow members.

>> RockRatt (CDMA) :: not only a recognized contributor on XDA already, this guy is also our CDMA official tester - welcome aboard and thanks for the help so far!

>> salahmed (GSM) :: another official tester that has helped many along the way, a person that lives his life helping others.

>> yosup (GSM) :: constantly not only helping out the less knowledgeable users, but in the ICS thread, was keeping everyone (including me!) up to date on the latest releases by TeamKang

MORE TO ADD - WATCH THIS SPACE!

HELPERS ::

>> qm4n76 :: always lending a hand to help out people not only in here, but in the other ICS / SGT7 related forums (which is probably why he is a BOCA contributor!)

MORE TO ADD - WATCH THIS SPACE!

THEMES / GRAPHICS ::

this section needs a serious update (and on the ICS thread) - please bare with me on this one (i plan to add links to all boot animations offered up on the bootanimation contest and thanks to all people who contribute wallpapers).
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to stimpz0r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stimpz0r Ad-Free
6th October 2012, 05:45 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cranbourne East

Donate to Me
More
... and this will do.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to stimpz0r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stimpz0r Ad-Free
6th October 2012, 06:00 PM |#6  
Flag Baghdad
Thanks Meter: 744

More
Thank you very much... Eager to return home to try it
The Following User Says Thank You to salahmed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift salahmed Ad-Free
6th October 2012, 07:04 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 444

More
Can someone tell me if video out works over the RCA cables?

edit:

Looks like video does work but audio over RCA doesn't
I had to use the headphone jack instead.
The Following User Says Thank You to ayman07 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ayman07 Ad-Free
6th October 2012, 09:50 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 130

More
First impressions:

- Smooth
- Fast / Responsive
- Stable (no sod, rr, flicker, etc)

What more could we ask for as a starting point?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda app-developers app
7th October 2012, 12:00 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,281

More
Stimpz0r,

Correction needed in OP

FOR ALL OVERCOME FILES AND GUIDES PLEASE GO HERE (thanks to priyana): XDA :: [ROM][2.3.6] Overcome Rom 4.1.0 new links

That credit should go to sos_sifou
He is the one took the trouble to gather the files and host them and started that thread.
I am merely one who preached a lit about using them and adding it to my signature as per sos_sifou recommendation.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to priyana For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift priyana Ad-Free
7th October 2012, 12:21 AM |#10  
Flag 21045
Thanks Meter: 22

More
VZW Tablet
I only see a link for the GSM, is there a link I over looked for the CDMA version?
The Following User Says Thank You to harshybar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift harshybar Ad-Free
7th October 2012, 01:08 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cranbourne East

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by priyana

Stimpz0r,

Correction needed in OP

FOR ALL OVERCOME FILES AND GUIDES PLEASE GO HERE (thanks to priyana): XDA :: [ROM][2.3.6] Overcome Rom 4.1.0 new links

That credit should go to sos_sifou
He is the one took the trouble to gather the files and host them and started that thread.
I am merely one who preached a lit about using them and adding it to my signature as per sos_sifou recommendation.

sorry - you are correct. i will update that (but you still deserve some credit for getting it going anyway).

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshybar

I only see a link for the GSM, is there a link I over looked for the CDMA version?

CDMA build isn't up yet - but it will be very soon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stimpz0r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stimpz0r Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aokp, jellybean, sgt7, stimpz0r

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)