Be careful, this is only for DEVs and users who want to try it. I am not responsible of any damage on your phone.
Please keep this thread clean for devs, for off-topic and users discussion go to the thread created HERE for you.
What is working:
- Calls ( after reboot)
- HW Acceleration
- Camera and video recoring ( Only on Rebuilds)
- Video Playback
- more thing...
- SDcard (Fixed on rebuilds)
- Radio FM
- Some more bugs....
- Original untouched: P990-ICS-24_04_2012_debug.zip - 314.69 MB
- Rebuild by Harsh (thanks him here): http://goo.im/devs/harsh/Smartflash-...2_root_fix.rar
- Rebuild by ergoen (thanks him here): http://www.multiupload.nl/8182RQL4DHQuote:
Originally Posted by ergoen
The following things are changed:
- root (added su binary and superuser apk)
- sdcard (modified the vold.fstab and the vold binary)
- sdcard format (changed the /etc/format_fat32.sh to point to the correct partition, so that the sdcard should automatically get formatted properly after smartflash/nvflash)
- busybox (added a binary to /system/xbin, no symlinks, it's just there to help with basic linux commands should you need it)
I did _not_ remove the engineer mode red thing as I think the red flashing thing is useful to see what processes are causing slowdowns and most importantly:
THIS IS STILL A DEV ROM!
- Rebuild by ergoen (thanks him here) based on V30C(su660)
Before continue, you should make a backup of your internal SD as the process will format it.
- Download the file P990-ICS-24_04_2012_debug.zip / or a rebuild
- Unzip it
- Launch SmartFlashTool_P990.exe (make sure you have the drivers correctly instaled)
- Select all files on that directory and drag them to smartflash window
- It will say some files are not supported, just click ok
- You will see a list of files: bct, cfg, recovery,system....
- Now click Start
Su660 system.img for DEVs :
su660 system.img original http://d-h.st/1aD
Kashamalaga mirror: systemIMG-SU660V30C-08-October-2012
- Esiest way: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460
- Alternative way:
CWM 220.127.116.11d by mr. wkpark
- Go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=303
- For Easy install version go here ( thanks to Harsh): http://goo.im/devs/harsh/cwm5028d-p9...asyinstall.zip
- SD temporal fix
Originally Posted by wapz
1. Format the internal SD card through adb shell: /system/bin/newfs_msdos -F 32 -O android /dev/block/mmcblk0p9
2. Mount it through adb shell: mount -t vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p9 /mnt/sdcard
3. Go to storage in the menu and on the bottom of the list click, mount sdcard
This is per ergoen's instructions in this post, please thank him.
- SD permanent fix by ergoen
- Wifi fix ( for su660 system.img) by ergoen:
-Anonymous source ( provided the rom)
-and all devs and users who are involved on this hackfest, tell me if i forgot someone.