bringing AOKP to Xperia
AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project.
Its another custom rom like cyanogenmod, but with much more features and customisations.
The development is headed by RomanBB who is a full time college student.
More details can be found on http://aokp.co
FAQ >> http://rootzwiki.com/topic/21575-aokp-faq/
what is aokp ? >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthrebuildad.php?t=1681477
This ROM is a combined work of all members of KangXperiaProject.
KangXperiaProject is our noob-ish project to build AOKP (not port) from sources for Xperia line of phones, as Xperia devices are not supported officially by AOKP officially as of yet.
Members of KangXperiaProject are :
Supervenom , Championswimmer, Stelios97, Daveee10, Pikpok, mikegapinski
(We are not any great developers, we use many sources from CM team, AOKP team, and Freexperia Team)
KangXperiaProject ROMs contain some added unofficial features in addition to AOKP.
Like Apollo, DSP Manager Terminal and File Manager
More devs willing to work are welcome. It will be easier to maintain more devices then
AOKP has hundreds of awesome features added over AOSP and CM9
a list can be found here
In general, what is different in AOKP is that all special settings are placed under "ROM control" and not mixed under settings as in CM9
Also some very user friendly features are provided, like on screen buttons can be switched on and off using a toggle, we can switch on the torch using power button long press and many such features.
Also lockscreen, task manager, and many aspects can be customized a lot.
The official AOKP changelog can be found here
KXP changelog and bugtracker can be found on
WORKING / NOT-WORKING
---- WORKING ----
Almost all stuff as I tested
OTA Updates are also on and working.
Camera in 720P(480P works)
Downloads shall be found on
Note that builds are made on dedicated server, if thay won't work right contact me on PM
- Copy the zip file to sd card
- For first time, flash a kernel with fastboot that has a recovery (not needed if you have recovery)
- Boot phone, go into recovery (press vol-up when led is purple)
- make factory wipe then go into mounts/storage and format system (only if coming from ics, not on updates from jb)
- install zip from sd card then flash gapps if you want them
- reboot and enjoy
Download > http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip
Screenshots will be posted soon
SOURCES (willing devs are invited to work on this project)
Sources will be hosted on
Please contact Supervenom, pikpok or me if you want to participate in development.
If you want to port any parts from this, please PM me or Supervenom before
- FreeXperia Project and it's members (FXP, bin4ry, defer, Kali), without them this project was not possbile
- TeamKang (RomanBB, ProTekk, whitehawkx, khasmek and everybody else) who made and awesome project
- Cyanogenmod Team
- DoomLord, faux123 and gokhanmoral for their awesome works on msm8660 kernels
Thanks to various devs associated with Xperia devices like DoomLord, Keiran, Achotjan, Sirkay, Blagus, NobodyAtall, Androxyde... and many many more