1. Transformer Prime TF201 (duh!!!)
2. Enabled nvFlash access (Tegra 3 nvFlash by AndroidRoot)
3. Window or Linux computer [Linux recommended]
4. Ability to use a command prompt or terminal shell
5. nVidia APX drivers [Windows Only] (Universal Naked Drivers)
6. Wheelie & nvFlash binaries/executables
7. You device specific nvFlash backup files generated while enabling nvFlash
THIS GUIDE COVERS:
1. Manual steps for basic unbrick, recovery, downgrade or upgrade. [Windows & Linux] This is your first option to recover your device.
2. Automated complete factory reset & recovery [Linux Only] Use this only if you cannot recover using the manual steps or if you want to completely wipe and recover your device.
At the moment, nvFlash can only be enabled on a device with the 18.104.22.168 ICS bootloader. If you have upgraded to the official Jelly Bean ROM before enabling nvFlash, you would have the new 10.4.2.15 bootloader and you will no longer be able to enable nvFlash. When following this guide, read the information provided carefully to prevent any permanent damages. Be patient as each step may take a while to complete. Make sure your device is charged (recommended more that 75% battery) before attempting anything detailed here. Do not forcefully power off your device at the wrong time. Keep you device connected to your computer during the whole process. If you encounter bootloops or are stuck at the Asus spinning wheel after this process, a data wipe should fix this (Power + Vol Down, then select Wipe Data)
WHY ENABLE NVFLASH:
nvFlash would allow you to recover your device from almost any brick and would allow you to upgrade or downgrade your device.
1. Download the nvFlash binary/executable for your operating system [ Windows / Linux ]
2. Download the wheelie binary/executable for your operating system [ Windows / Linux ]
3. Install the APX drivers [ Windows Only ]
FOR LINUX USERS:
Make sure you always run nvflash and wheelie as root or sudo. If your user does not have root privileges or is not a sudoer, you will quite likely not be able to do this. If you are a root user, do not use the sudo prefix in the commands below.
INSTRUCTIONS [MANUAL STEPS]:
1. Download an un-blob'd ROM (links below). [Advanced users can use BlobTools (blobunpack) and unblob a ROM. Make sure you have compatible unblob'd images of the bootloader, recovery, kernel & system]
2. Extract wheelie, nvFlash and the unblob'd ROM to a directory (avoid spaces in the directory path)
3. Start your device in APX mode [Power On + Volume Up]. Your tablet screen will remain blank in APX mode.
4. Bootstrap your device (enter nvFlash mode) while your device is in APX mode using wheelie
wheelie.exe --blob blob.bin
sudo ./wheelie --blob blob.bin
6. We start with the bootloader. In the case of the un-blob'd ROMs below, this is the blob.EBT file. To flash the bootloader, use this command:
nvflash.exe -r --download 4 blob.EBT
sudo ./nvflash -r --download 4 blob.EBT
nvflash.exe -r --download 5 blob.SOS
sudo ./nvflash -r --download 5 blob.SOS
nvflash.exe -r --download 6 blob.LNX
sudo ./nvflash -r --download 6 blob.LNX
nvflash.exe -r --download 10 blob.APP
sudo ./nvflash -r --download 10 blob.APP
nvflash.exe -r --go
sudo ./nvflash -r --go
This process completely wipes all partitions (except external SD/mSD cards) and reflashes everything, essentially returning your device to a near factory state. You will not lose you unlock status or nvFlash access. You will lose all data from your internal storage (/storage/sdcard0 or /data/media).
Unfortunately, due to technical reason, this process is possible only using Linux, since the nvflash executable for Windows is very old and cannot handle this process. I will be creating a detailed step-by-step guide for those not comfortable with Linux. But for now, this is available for all those who know how to use Linux.
To use this, you need to download one of the unblob'd stock ROMs below (or create your own) along with the semi-automated complete recovery zip below.
You will also need the device specific nvFlash backup generated when you enabled nvFlash.
Complete instruction are in the "README" file in the semi-automated complete recovery zip.
DISCLAIMER: nvFlash can save your device, but if used incorrectly, it could permanently brick your device. If you follow the instructions carefully, you should not have any problems. However, in the event that you do have a problem, neither I (craigacgomez), nor the AndroidRoot team can be held responsible. Use this guide at your own discretion. If you need help or do not understand something, PM me and I will try to help you as much as I can.
UN-BLOB'D STOCK ICS 22.214.171.124 ROM
- Un-blob'd stock ICS 126.96.36.199 ROM
- Completely unmodified
UN-BLOB'D STOCK JB 10.4.2.15 ROM
- Un-blob'd stock JB 10.4.2.15 ROM
- Completely unmodified
SEMI-AUTOMATED COMPLETE RECOVERY - LINUX ONLY [Read Info Above Before Using This!!]
AndroidRoot - Everything you see here has been made possible because of the AndroidRoot team.
SUPPORT THE PROJECT
Donate to AndroidRoot - They are the amazing people behind nvFlash for the Prime
Donate to me (craigacgomez)