Get the OnePlus 6 early at a pop-up event in your city →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Help Flashing RUU - Error 170

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By ShadowedAnarchy, Junior Member on 9th October 2012, 03:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

Wonder if anyone can give me some tips. I'm trying to put my HTC Desire back to stock via the RUU, but can't seem to establish a connection with the phone and its current ROM.

Currently:
AlphaRev
Bravo PVT3 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-6.93.1002
MICROP-051d
TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
RADIO-5.17-05.23
Aug 10 2010 17:52:18

ROM: Cyanogen 7
Android Ver: 2.3.7
BB: 32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23
Mod Ver: CyanogenMod-7.1.0-Desire

I've tried the following:

Installing HTC Sync, Removing just HTC Sync, Trying to connect phone to both Windows 8 and Windows 7 environments and running RUU. Result was Error 170

Installing PdaNet, Installing HTC Drivers from there, generated an error code in Windows 8. Ran on Windows 7 VM, but RUU still errored with Error 170

Installing Android SDK and Google USB Drivers, running RUU and still getting error 170

Tried running it with the phone in debug mode, but get an "Android Device?" in Device Manager that i can't get to work.

Have tried using unrevoked drivers, and RUU still errors with Error 170.

Have tried with 2 different cables, 1 of which works fine with another phone.

Does anyone have any other tips to return my phone to stock?
 
 
9th October 2012, 03:38 PM |#2  
abaaaabbbb63's Avatar
Senior Member
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 3,454
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowedAnarchy

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can give me some tips. I'm trying to put my HTC Desire back to stock via the RUU, but can't seem to establish a connection with the phone and its current ROM.

Currently:
AlphaRev
Bravo PVT3 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-6.93.1002
MICROP-051d
TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
RADIO-5.17-05.23
Aug 10 2010 17:52:18

ROM: Cyanogen 7
Android Ver: 2.3.7
BB: 32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23
Mod Ver: CyanogenMod-7.1.0-Desire

I've tried the following:

Installing HTC Sync, Removing just HTC Sync, Trying to connect phone to both Windows 8 and Windows 7 environments and running RUU. Result was Error 170

Installing PdaNet, Installing HTC Drivers from there, generated an error code in Windows 8. Ran on Windows 7 VM, but RUU still errored with Error 170

Installing Android SDK and Google USB Drivers, running RUU and still getting error 170

Tried running it with the phone in debug mode, but get an "Android Device?" in Device Manager that i can't get to work.

Have tried using unrevoked drivers, and RUU still errors with Error 170.

Have tried with 2 different cables, 1 of which works fine with another phone.

Does anyone have any other tips to return my phone to stock?

Thy the PB99IMG.zip method.

Download the latest RUU (the 2.3 one).
Run it as administrator.

Tick the 'I understand the caution indicated above...' box, and click next.

At this point do not go any further.

Navigate to C:\Users\"Your Name"\AppData\Local\Temp (AppData is a hidden folder)

You should see one or two folders like this:
{719CE201-7B12-4A13-9AF6-8F359FE69C7B}

Go into the one with dotnetinstaller.exe in it.
Open up the next folder.

Copy rom.zip into another folder (outside of temp).

At this point just Cancel and quit out of the ROM Update Utility.\

Rename rom.zip to PB99IMG.zip and place it on the root of your sd-card.

Boot in Hboot.

Select Yes.

?????

Profit!!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to abaaaabbbb63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abaaaabbbb63 Ad-Free
9th October 2012, 04:01 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Worked great, thank you so much! Thank given
9th October 2012, 04:51 PM |#4  
abaaaabbbb63's Avatar
Senior Member
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 3,454
 
More
Glad I helped

Sent from my toaster
The Following User Says Thank You to abaaaabbbb63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abaaaabbbb63 Ad-Free
9th October 2012, 05:04 PM |#5  
jmcclue's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,495
 
More
Just so u know even tho uv sorted it, u need htc sync installed aswell to run a ruu

Sent from my non - JB HTC Desire
7th January 2013, 12:10 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I got as far as booting in HBOOT and it said (after fully loading) "Error: Main is older".

I'm running "R2 ZM4.5" Redux.

I want to install the stock rom so that I can upgrade the HBOOT, so that I can S-OFF, so that I can somehow eventually repartition. (It's getting pretty confusing in my head about now).

Any advice for me?
23rd January 2013, 10:50 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Flag Nairobi
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up Worked Great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaaaabbbb63

Thy the PB99IMG.zip method.

Download the latest RUU (the 2.3 one).
Run it as administrator.

Tick the 'I understand the caution indicated above...' box, and click next.

At this point do not go any further.

Navigate to C:\Users\"Your Name"\AppData\Local\Temp (AppData is a hidden folder)

You should see one or two folders like this:
{719CE201-7B12-4A13-9AF6-8F359FE69C7B}

Go into the one with dotnetinstaller.exe in it.
Open up the next folder.

Copy rom.zip into another folder (outside of temp).

At this point just Cancel and quit out of the ROM Update Utility.\

Rename rom.zip to PB99IMG.zip and place it on the root of your sd-card.

Boot in Hboot.

Select Yes.

?????

Profit!!

Worked great! Thanks a lot
23rd January 2013, 10:50 PM |#8  
marky9074's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Maidstone
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Can anyone point me in the direction of the latest RUU? The HTC Dev site is down, and I cannot see it on the list of ROMS in the android dev forum..

Thanks in advance.
23rd January 2013, 11:02 PM |#9  
jmcclue's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,495
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marky9074

Can anyone point me in the direction of the latest RUU? The HTC Dev site is down, and I cannot see it on the list of ROMS in the android dev forum..

Thanks in advance.

if ur looking for the 2.3gb upgrade from HTCDev then u can download it from bortaks guide in my sig, go down to resources and its there. also google shipped roms htc desire bravo (if u have bravo)
The Following User Says Thank You to jmcclue For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jmcclue Ad-Free
23rd January 2013, 11:07 PM |#10  
marky9074's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Maidstone
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcclue

if ur looking for the 2.3gb upgrade from HTCDev then u can download it from bortaks guide in my sig, go down to resources and its there. also google shipped roms htc desire bravo (if u have bravo)

Thanks for that! I was on shipped roms earlier, but was looking under desire instead of bravo! Cheers
15th September 2013, 10:03 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaaaabbbb63

Thy the PB99IMG.zip method.

Download the latest RUU (the 2.3 one).
Run it as administrator.

Tick the 'I understand the caution indicated above...' box, and click next.

At this point do not go any further.

Navigate to C:\Users\"Your Name"\AppData\Local\Temp (AppData is a hidden folder)

You should see one or two folders like this:
{719CE201-7B12-4A13-9AF6-8F359FE69C7B}

Go into the one with dotnetinstaller.exe in it.
Open up the next folder.

Copy rom.zip into another folder (outside of temp).

At this point just Cancel and quit out of the ROM Update Utility.\

Rename rom.zip to PB99IMG.zip and place it on the root of your sd-card.

Boot in Hboot.

Select Yes.

?????

Profit!!



I don't get the "Boot in Hboot >> Select Yes" thingy....now I'm stuck at there...I placed it into my SD card already. and I enter the bootloader, then to recovery. Nothing happens....anyone help?? T.T
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes