FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HELP] Charging port | Micro usb issue

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By luisjolivo, Junior Member on 9th October 2012, 07:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys, im having some issues with my charging port; i have to force the charger plug upside for charging my phone, does anyone have change that port or any HOW TO.

Thanks
Luis Olivo.
10th October 2012, 07:57 AM |#2  
Flag SE Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Going to have to either change chargers, or solder another micro USB port onto your phone.
10th October 2012, 03:23 PM |#3  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,665

Donate to Me
More
or easily get an external battery charger with spare battery

I've been using those eBay knockoff for years already and they have never fail me

get some spare batteries, and you can swap them as they run out

and use the external charger to charge the battery

it charges way faster than having it in your phone
20th November 2012, 01:37 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwner5889

Going to have to either change chargers, or solder another micro USB port onto your phone.

I can not find a guide to solder another usb port anywhere....

I figured it'd be straight forward- solder the 4 points on the bottom, pop it out and replace.

Am I doing all wrong, or is it possible I need a better soldering iron? I can't seem to make any progress....
24th November 2012, 08:33 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
If you are not 100% sure of your ability to solder electronics then don't mess with it. Get a pro to do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium
28th November 2012, 12:31 AM |#6  
Flag Los Angles
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I am having the same problem. I use the standard galaxy s3 USB cable. Its the only cable that works for me

You could always get the 2 pack of extended battery's with an external battery "travel charger" from amazon. Its like 20 bucks and it works for other batterys

Sent from my SGH-T989 on Jelly Bean goodness!
28th November 2012, 04:50 PM |#7  
Flag Buffalo, NY
Thanks Meter: 106

More
I have been a tech manager for almost 5 years now and trust me if you don't have experience on soldering or the hardware I recomend that you stay away from it. I've been fixing phones for almost 5 years now and I try to avoid fixing the charging port due to soldering on the motherboard. Your best bet is to do what AllGamer said
29th January 2013, 06:59 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dia_naji

I have been a tech manager for almost 5 years now and trust me if you don't have experience on soldering or the hardware I recomend that you stay away from it. I've been fixing phones for almost 5 years now and I try to avoid fixing the charging port due to soldering on the motherboard. Your best bet is to do what AllGamer said

had mine replaced under warranty at 5 months. Less than 48 hour turn around and had new phone already updated with new software. sent old phone back in packaging. Done. This was done under factory warranty. Did not have extended coverage. They charged me $20.

My daughter phone had an issue and same return process under warranty , but they refunded my $20 on my bill
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)