FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROOT] Urkel's Fresh Start 1.0 (Jelly Bean - Unlocked bootloaders only)

466 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,181

By 1wayjonny, Senior Member on 9th October 2012, 11:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Options:
1) Fresh Root - This is to do a clean root on your stock Asus JB rom or any other custom rom. Great for any users that lost root during an upgrade.
2) Fresh Start - This will give you a clean start by wiping your system partitions (backup your data) then flashing a stock JB image. After the package will do a clean root to the TF201 (Make sure you download the JB update for your region from the Asus site then extract and place the "blob" file in the same folder as this package and rename to "system.blob"

!!! This is for users with from any region with unlocked bootloaders only !!!

I made this because a few users have had trouble with root after the JB update from Asus. What I have made is an automated package that includes the root binaries and the the Team Win Recovery. From FASTBOOT this package will flash a custom recovery then root it. If a previous broken root from an update exist it will remove the old broken root and re-root it. Simple as that!

Additionally I have made another option in this package called "Fresh Start" and what this will do is wipe you tablet clean (backup your data) then flash a new image of JB. Once completed it will flash the custom recovery and root it before you even sign-in and set up the tablet. I recommend this as it will make the tablet nice, clean & speedy.

This assumes you have the correct drivers installed for your device, if not I recommend my Universal Naked Drivers Here

Credits:
Root Binaries - (ChainsDD) http://androidsu.com/superuser/
Recovery - (TeamRecovery) http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2

This thread is not for help with unlocking your device or the naked drivers.

Hashes:
CRC32: 8C62EA76
MD5: 2E946D245F3778A5DEF2D07C00F8EF4B
SHA-1: 343661C655399CBE77E5D2946B59CFCCB77A1A69

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip Urkel's Fresh Start 1.0.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.52 MB, 7391 views)
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to 1wayjonny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 1wayjonny Ad-Free

9th October 2012, 11:50 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
*ninja reserved*
The Following User Says Thank You to 1wayjonny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 1wayjonny Ad-Free
10th October 2012, 09:12 AM |#3  
Flag Kaohsiung City
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I was so happy to see this and miss the "for unlocked bootloader only"

Anyway hope someone could come up for Locked Bootloader.
10th October 2012, 03:58 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
:EDIT_THANKS

Hey there,

after some issues i made the root!

great work!

thank you 1wayjonny!

:EDIT_SOLVED

think i made it. don´t know why, but after the 30 try the bat said finished, okay...

:EDIT_ORIGINAL

Hey everyone,

i got a problem, i flashed my tf201 with the new JB rom from the asus website, my device is unlocked. no root before. now i can´t root it...

everytime i start the "Fresh Root.bat" or the "Fresh Start.bat" i get multiple lines with

"FAILED (command write failed (Unknown error))"

can anybody help me?

greetz andy
10th October 2012, 09:44 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by howsed

Hey there,

great work!

thank you 1wayjonny!

Thanks for the feedback, being its automated you just have to get use the on screen instructions. I wiped and re-flashed, then rooted about 30x in a row with this package so I thought I would release to others to make their life easier.

If anyone has suggestions for any instructions that were not clear enough let me know and I can update for clarity.
11th October 2012, 02:38 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by howsed

:EDIT_THANKS

Hey there,

great work!

thank you 1wayjonny!

:EDIT_SOLVED

think i made it. don´t know why, but after the 30 try the bat said finished, okay...

:EDIT_ORIGINAL

Hey everyone,

i got a problem, i flashed my tf201 with the new JB rom from the asus website, my device is unlocked. no root before. now i can´t root it...

everytime i start the "Fresh Root.bat" or the "Fresh Start.bat" i get multiple lines with

"FAILED (command write failed (Unknown error))"

can anybody help me?

greetz andy

You have missed the step that mounts the /System from recovery. This has to be done manually then ADB can push ROOT. It said write failed so i assume this is where you got stuck.

1) Make sure you run as "Admin" just in case
2) When you boot into the custom recovery, you must select the "Mount" icon then then select system. After then you continue with the batch file and all should be good.
11th October 2012, 08:08 PM |#7  
Flag Golden
Thanks Meter: 56

More
I can confirm that this worked w/ my TF201. Thanks a bunch!

I was unlocked and had root plus a "backup" according to Voodoo OTA RootKeeper. I manually installed the JB update via sdcard and lost root plus all signs of root. Being unlocked, I used your method in Win7 (parallels virtual machine on mac) running a shell as admin and everything worked without any hitches. I have root and have verified by Voodoo OTA, Root Explorer, and Titanium Backup.

A big thanks to you for this. I now have root again!

Robert
11th October 2012, 08:25 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 365

More
Ha ha ha ha! Root Restored!
Sir, You are a God! I lost root when I manually updated to JB using the Micro SD Card method. Followed your guide and am now rooted on JB! Sixaxis gaming Nirvana restored! Thank you!!!

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

I can also confirm that the Asus Unlock tool worked for me.
13th October 2012, 09:22 PM |#9  
Flag London/Surrey
Thanks Meter: 623

More
I just tried this the total fresh start (blob method ). Got to last stage (mount system). Adb no device found . How can I rectify this .

Edit I updated sdk today .. tried naked drivers etc still cant get it to recognize it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
14th October 2012, 01:01 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adz63

I just tried this the total fresh start (blob method ). Got to last stage (mount system). Adb no device found . How can I rectify this .

Edit I updated sdk today .. tried naked drivers etc still cant get it to recognize it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

For anyone having issues with the ADB command I would manually try ADB before this package. This package assumes you have your drivers working in FASTBOOT & ADB. Or when you get the recovery flash and you have booted the recovery open a second prompt and try the "adb devices" command before this package pushes root.

I see that you have quite a few amount of post and would think you have some experience, since you are still having issues I would say that the drivers are dirty or something else weird is going on.

You have mentioned you get the recovery flash then booted, at this stage can you go to your device manager and take a screen shot of the Android device? You may have to repoint the device to the drivers but non the less a screen shot would help.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1wayjonny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 1wayjonny Ad-Free
14th October 2012, 08:20 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
is there something like this but not for unlocked bootloader? I lost root on OTA but i didn't have it unlocked and don't want it to be fore now, I'm just using stock.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)