iGO My way / iGO 8

Search This thread

Sui Generis

Nov 6, 2009
New York City
HI, everyone,

I decided to open this thread because I think that there is this application that most of us love to have on our smartphones: is the gps program call IGO My way. Myself, as many others, wouldn't buy a phone without gps capabilities and would not carry one without a reliable gps program that won't primarily rely on Internet/data connection as <<google maps>>.

The issue I am encountering here, is that the iGO 8 I used to have on my Galaxy SII has a resolution problem when I installed it on my new Galaxy SIII (half screen, icons very small, etc). When I had the HTC HD2 running on Windows Mobile, it was easy for me to correct that problem - just a "sys.txt" in which you would enter the desired resolution. But with Android is different...

Does anyone know how to fix the resolution of an older version of iGO, or did anyone manage to have a good copy of the latest iGO that works with Samsung Galaxy SIII and want to share?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: mudakovich

galsalah

Mar 23, 2011
This is your lucky day...lol...yes I have been using it on my s3 with full screen and perfect...the only thing is I can't get the tts voice to work properly to announce the streets names. Rather than that it's the best GPS I've always used on all my phones.
Attached is some photos ,one of them is showing the igo version that you should use......good luck.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350157836385.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350157836385.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 2,342
  • uploadfromtaptalk1350157855625.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350157855625.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 2,432
  • uploadfromtaptalk1350157875378.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350157875378.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 2,236
  • uploadfromtaptalk1350157911783.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350157911783.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 2,041
  • uploadfromtaptalk1350157932698.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350157932698.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1,866
  • uploadfromtaptalk1350157949816.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350157949816.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,778

EL_REY666

Sep 4, 2010
This is your lucky day...lol...yes I have been using it on my s3 with full screen and perfect...the only thing is I can't get the tts voice to work properly to announce the streets names. Rather than that it's the best GPS I've always used on all my phones.
Attached is some photos ,one of them is showing the igo version that you should use......good luck.

awesome dude...
only question is does this have like the 3d map that sygic has? which shows all the building and etc?

ps: also when i had my HD2 as well.. i DL this thing called the susan loquendo pack that made the TTS work great

galsalah

Mar 23, 2011
Yes it does have the 3d maps...I have that tts voice too but for some reason I still can't get it to work!

Khmer123

Apr 26, 2006

3D maps work for me too and TTS voice also work but only worked 99% the 1% keep saying (volume=100) before the street name

Ps. All you have to do is put TTS zip in voice folder. might need to reset the phone to make it work

Last edited:

galsalah

Mar 23, 2011
3D maps work for me too and TTS voice also work but only worked 99% the 1% keep saying (volume=100) before the street name

Ps. All you have to do is put TTS zip in voice folder. might need to reset the phone to make it work

I did that but still no go!! I'll try to do it again

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Is this a pay app or something, because I don't see any apks attached.

You just need to Google it and you will find it somewhere and you should be able to download it, but you need to put it in internal memory. Sorry I forgot where I download it from, otherwise I would've gave you the link.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Which tts voice are you using?

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Which tts voice you are using?

Reactions: uoY_redruM

uoY_redruM

May 1, 2010
Longwood, FL
2.4.1 is the latest?

I can't seem to find a US version. I found a full Europe version, with everything included, but that does me no good :p

Not sure how to find the latest version.

galsalah

Mar 23, 2011
2.4.1 is the latest?

I can't seem to find a US version. I found a full Europe version, with everything included, but that does me no good :p

Not sure how to find the latest version.

Look in the pictures above...this is the version you should use and it should work fine, all you need to do is dl the us maps.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

This is originally an iPhone app.....not even available for the gs3

No this version that I'm using is made for high resolution screens like the s3.

uoY_redruM

May 1, 2010
Longwood, FL
For whoever has it fully working, could you RAR (or ZIP) all the content and upload it somewhere? I literally spent an hour trying to find an active link. Every link I found is down at this point.

EDIT-

FINALLY found it. Jeez, lol.

1280x720 is us, right?

Last edited:

Khmer123

Apr 26, 2006
Voice_TTS-loq-Eng-us-f1.zip

Susan (tts) v1.0 (mod.2)

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

For whoever has it fully working, could you RAR (or ZIP) all the content and upload it somewhere? I literally spent an hour trying to find an active link. Every link I found is down at this point.

EDIT-

FINALLY found it. Jeez, lol.

1280x720 is us, right?

everything ok?

uoY_redruM

May 1, 2010
Longwood, FL
did you have iGO Primo 2.0 (v9.6.7.235654) for Samsung Galaxy S3 install?

I had an extremely hard time finding any iGo Primo 2.0 that was active. I ended up finding iGO Primo 2.0 Android - Final Edition 2012 which had several apk versions and you're suppose to install the correct version for your phone and then change the sys text file to the one for your resolution.

I installed the 1280x720 apk and the 1280x720 sys text file but like I said, it gives me that error.

I just found an i9300 specific package, I'm installing it now (big file broken up into 7 or 8 zips, so it's taking a while).

Khmer123

Apr 26, 2006

You are awesome! Thank you much.

Do you know how to find the speed cam files? I found everything else (3D terrain, maps, etc) but cannot find speed cams. Are there any available for US?

yes speed cam files is build in it! to set it up go to (Igo8) setting/sound and warnings/alerts point setting/alert type

Last edited:
Reactions: uoY_redruM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

IGO if anyone wanted this here's the zip with the maps already included that I saved from my sd. It's snout 750mb
    All you need to do is unzip and install the apk and you'll be in business.

http://db.tt/pYDCGlTL

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    HI, everyone,

I decided to open this thread because I think that there is this application that most of us love to have on our smartphones: is the gps program call IGO My way. Myself, as many others, wouldn't buy a phone without gps capabilities and would not carry one without a reliable gps program that won't primarily rely on Internet/data connection as <<google maps>>.

The issue I am encountering here, is that the iGO 8 I used to have on my Galaxy SII has a resolution problem when I installed it on my new Galaxy SIII (half screen, icons very small, etc). When I had the HTC HD2 running on Windows Mobile, it was easy for me to correct that problem - just a "sys.txt" in which you would enter the desired resolution. But with Android is different...

Does anyone know how to fix the resolution of an older version of iGO, or did anyone manage to have a good copy of the latest iGO that works with Samsung Galaxy SIII and want to share?

Thank you.

I did that but still no go!! I'll try to do it again

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Is this a pay app or something, because I don't see any apks attached.

You just need to Google it and you will find it somewhere and you should be able to download it, but you need to put it in internal memory. Sorry I forgot where I download it from, otherwise I would've gave you the link.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Which tts voice are you using?

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Which tts voice you are using?

just google my words and install no need to do anything to it