19 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By stigolsen, Junior Member on 15th October 2012, 08:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th April 2013, 09:39 PM |#231  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
kurio 7 rom install
Hi all just having a little problem with my kurio 7 device, basically it wouldnt boot-up just got stuck at the android logo, so I have put the rom on from here and have managed to get the device to boot to the dead android with the warning triangle but thats as far as it goes, I press volume up & down several times but the menu doesn't appear any advice would be much appreciated guys

30th April 2013, 09:43 PM |#232  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 390

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guestie

Hi all just having a little problem with my kurio 7 device, basically it wouldnt boot-up just got stuck at the android logo, so I have put the rom on from here and have managed to get the device to boot to the dead android with the warning triangle but thats as far as it goes, I press volume up & down several times but the menu doesn't appear any advice would be much appreciated guys

Are you pressing them at the exact same time?

Sent from my MB886 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
2nd May 2013, 08:04 PM |#233  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
now not even turning on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Pizza

Are you pressing them at the exact same time?

Sent from my MB886 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Hi yes pressing at sametime,but im having an even worse senario now, I left the device for the night and now it wont even turn on
30th May 2013, 12:00 AM |#234  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guestie

Hi yes pressing at sametime,but im having an even worse senario now, I left the device for the night and now it wont even turn on

take the 4 screws out around the side of it and get your soldering iron out and disconnect the battery solder it back on and it should boot you may have to charge it! i had to do that when i over discharged mine after the custom dual battery's i am working on! also I have a kurio with cm10 on it working with the guy that put the rom together we can get cams working and trying to find some one to rip the launcher so we can get that in the rom! ill get a vid up on youtube!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fasttom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fasttom Ad-Free
30th May 2013, 02:42 PM |#235  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Info
Quote:
Originally Posted by stigolsen

Simply contact costumerservice through the website kurioworld.com. I asked for a way to root the Kurio, instead they sent me a zipfile with content needed to get the Google store without rooting.
Came with instructions, and whole thing was done in 5 minutes. No hassle, everything just works flawless. Finally the Kurio seems worth keeping.

The name of the file is : Install_google_play_allwinner.rar

Im not allowed to post the direct link here yet, so ....

Chers, good luck

Hi there just woundering if it is possible for u to send me the link to getting google play on my sons kurio.u can send it to me email [email protected]. Also woundering if u have any tips on how to speed up this tablet and stop it from glitching.i was told to buy a sd card and put most of the apps on,so it won't slow down the system. Thanks melissa
30th May 2013, 04:05 PM |#236  

More
kurio 7 on cm10
ok i am new so i cant post up links even...... so some one search youtube for Kurio 7 root on cm10! and post up my vid please
30th May 2013, 04:48 PM |#237  
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasttom

ok i am new so i cant post up links even...... so some one search youtube for Kurio 7 root on cm10! and post up my vid please

Here ya go... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkaHdCrxvdo

I'm interested on getting CM10 on this device. Please post here or PM instructions to me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rojovilla For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rojovilla Ad-Free
30th May 2013, 04:56 PM |#238  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rojovilla

Here ya go... cant quote links

I'm interested on getting CM10 on this device. Please post here or PM instructions to me

thanks for posting it up ill get more info out when I have the rom down with working camera's! also i am sourcing replacement LCD'S and Digitizer's / touch screens Looks like the stock touch screen is G+P not sure if i should stay with G+P or go to G+G? what is every ones thoughts?
31st May 2013, 03:50 AM |#239  

More
permseu carries
ok guys looks like i cant send pm's yet also can one of you guys go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8650&nocache=1 and post in there i have a cwm recovery of the kurio, a stock rom.zip and the launcher apk (and yes i have tried to install it but it does not work on other things yet....
5th June 2013, 02:37 AM |#240  
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasttom

ok guys looks like i cant send pm's yet also can one of you guys go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8650&nocache=1 and post in there i have a cwm recovery of the kurio, a stock rom.zip and the launcher apk (and yes i have tried to install it but it does not work on other things yet....

For anyone wanting cwm recovery on the kurio go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1802268

I can confirm this working CWM v6.0.1.2 is working great!! Just follow the steps given. Extract the latest cwm zip onto your devices ex sd card and, with a terminal emulator enter the commands that are given...Enjoy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to androidmechanic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift androidmechanic Ad-Free
5th June 2013, 02:50 AM |#241  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidmechanic

For anyone wanting cwm recovery on the kurio go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1802268

I can confirm this working CWM v6.0.1.2 is working great!! Just follow the steps given. Extract the latest cwm zip onto your devices ex sd card and, with a terminal emulator enter the commands that are given...Enjoy

yes that does work i have that on both of mine that is not how i install it my self though...

i do
su
sh sdcard/install-recovery.sh
su
sh sdcard/reboot-recovery.sh
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)