FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Your MMS doesn't work? Maybe this will help...

106 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By youshoe, Senior Member on 17th October 2012, 12:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey all,

I've been having this issue with my phone not sending or downloading picture messages. Well, I am using Wind Mobile for demo, but it should work for others (prove me correct, by clicking the "thanks" button):

1. Add internet.windmobile.ca as APN #1

2 APN #2:
Name: Wind CA MMS
APN: mms.windmobile.ca
MMSC: http://mms.windmobile.ca
MMS Proxy: 74.115.197.70
MMS Port: 8080
MCC: 302
MNC: 490
Type: LEAVE THIS BLANK!

The problem with mine was the type was set to mms.

When you're done, make sure that this APN (because my phone only lets me select 1 APN, so select internet when you need internet, and mms when you need mms) is selected when you need to download/send MMS (and maybe a quick airplane mode network refresh). This ain't the prettiest way, but it gets the job done!

Hope this help.

Cheers.

[Props to polkiu over at howardforums for this]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to youshoe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift youshoe Ad-Free

17th October 2012, 12:45 AM |#2  
This is actually pretty useful because in some ROMs the APNs are written wrong. For example, on my parent's phone I have to manually edit Straight Talk's T-Mobile APN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youshoe

Hey all,

I've been having this issue with my phone not sending or downloading picture messages. Well, I am using Wind Mobile for demo, but it should work for others (prove me correct, by clicking the "thanks" button):

1. Add internet.windmobile.ca as APN #1

2 APN #2:
Name: Wind CA MMS
APN: mms.windmobile.ca
MMSC: http://mms.windmobile.ca
MMS Proxy: 74.115.197.70
MMS Port: 8080
MCC: 302
MNC: 490
Type: LEAVE THIS BLANK!

The problem with mine was the type was set to mms.

When you're done, make sure that this APN (because my phone only lets me select 1 APN, so select internet when you need internet, and mms when you need mms) is selected when you need to download/send MMS (and maybe a quick airplane mode network refresh). This ain't the prettiest way, but it gets the job done!

Hope this help.

Cheers.

[Props to polkiu over at howardforums for this]

The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Scooby Doo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DJ Scooby Doo Ad-Free
24th May 2016, 05:54 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Yes this definitely helped!!!! I have been looking for months!!!! APN type was set to MMS.
Thank youuu
11th June 2018, 04:05 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Pixel 2 XL on Freedom Mobile
This fix worked like a charm thank you so much
Just replaced wind with freedom
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apn, doesn't work, mms, picture messaging, wind

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)