FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How To Fix Phone's IMEI

1,287 posts
Thanks Meter: 749

By Core Memory, Senior Member on 17th October 2012, 10:10 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
The following instructions are to be used to repair your G2X/P999 phone's IMEI number if it has been changed to all zeros which can happen due to a bad flash. These instructions are not for any other phone. Your phone's actual IMEI number is printed on the box your phone came in and it is on a sticker located under the battery.

1) Download QPST
http://hosting.ecap-droid.com/Droid/...pub=bxfo8sfkv6

2) Install QPST and pin it to the Start Menu

3) Download LG Drivers
http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-P999

4) Install LG Drivers

5) In the phone’s Settings -> Applications -> Development -> enable USB debugging

6) Access the phone's hidden menu using the phone keypad (dialer), enter: 1809#*999#

7) In Port Setting enable CP USB (do not enable Retain ...) then press: OK

8) Plug your phone into the USB port and wait a few seconds until the USB drivers install.

9) Access the LGE Mobile USB Modem driver through Control Panel -> Device Manager -> LGE Mobile USB Modem -> Advanced -> Advanced Port Settings

10) Click on the box next to “Append to Log” so that a checkmark is in that box.

11) Click on: Query Modem

The window above “Query Modem” should fill up with (the following data is from my phone, your phone’s Revision may be and IMEI will be somewhat different):

“ATQ0V1E0 - OK
AT+GMM - 0
AT+FCLASS=? - +FCLASS: (0-1)
AT#CLS=? - COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
AT+GCI? - COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
AT+GCI=? - COMMAND NOT SUPPORTED
ATI1 - Manufacturer: QUALCOMM INCORPORATED
Model: 0
Revision: M6600A-SCAUTNZ-2.0.9720T 1 [MAR 11 2012 10:00:00] MP:TRULGE_08.09.02R_MDM
IMEI: 0127XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (I’ve X’d out my IMEI for security reasons)
+GCAP: +CGSM,+DS,+ES
ETC…”

If that doesn’t happen, then the Port Setting has probably reverted back to “AP USB” and will need to be changed back to “CP USB” or the LG drivers didn't install fully or correctly or the computer's usb connection or the usb cable has a problem. Check the phone’s screen and see if the Port Setting is still at “CP USB”. If it’s not (back on “AP USB”) redo step 7. If the setting is still at "CP USB" then reinstall the LG drivers. If there's still a problem, it may be the computer's USB port or the USB cable.

12) Click on: View log

The phone’s current IMEI is listed in the information.

a) If the IMEI is the same as the original one, that means it hasn’t really changed from the original IMEI and it should be OK after the phone is reflashed with a .kdz update file. Flash the phone with a .kdz file by using the offline method.

b) If the IMEI is not the same as the original one, that means it needs to be changed back to the original one.MOD EDIT: IMEI changing is illegal in most countries therefore the instructions to do so cannot be posted on this site. Sorry for the inconvenience
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Core Memory For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Core Memory Ad-Free

17th October 2012, 11:38 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
samsung galaxy s2 imei missin
and what about samsung galaxy s2
does that work for it
and what bout the drivers
plz can u help me
18th October 2012, 12:06 AM |#3  
Flag Lexington, SC
Thanks Meter: 129

More
I hope I never need this, but glad to know there's a wonderful guide in case I do

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
18th October 2012, 12:24 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 571

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by streethustle

does that work for it
plz can u help me

What forum are you in?

Sent via Acer Iconia A100 on CM10_Build090212; godmachine v2.0 kernel, Smooth, Stable, Fast
18th October 2012, 02:09 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjackyl

What forum are you in?

Sent via Acer Iconia A100 on CM10_Build090212; godmachine v2.0 kernel, Smooth, Stable, Fast

Samsung galaxy s2 - IMEI missing
and i used Hc-ktool to backup the efs but its says efs found in sdcard . nv_data.bin not found ??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMEI.jpg
Views:	1008
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	1410270  
18th October 2012, 08:15 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 571

More
Nice guide CoreMemory. Congrats on getting that all together, pretty hetic!

Sent via G2x on temasek b135.2 w/faux kernel v54
18th October 2012, 04:59 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjackyl

Nice guide CoreMemory. Congrats on getting that all together, pretty hetic!

Sent via G2x on temasek b135.2 w/faux kernel v54

I thought I'd put something useful together because there hasn't been much happening in the G2X forum due to everyone waiting for LG to release the SU660 ICS source code and, hopefully, the results of its application to providing ICS and JB for the G2X.
18th October 2012, 11:16 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by streethustle

does that work for it
plz can u help me

Here's help for you: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1264021
20th October 2012, 05:24 AM |#9  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Core Memory

I thought I'd put something useful together because there hasn't been much happening in the G2X forum due to everyone waiting for LG to release the SU660 ICS source code and, hopefully, the results of its application to providing ICS and JB for the G2X.

If everyone was as helpful as you there would be no hunger in the world, no homeless people, etc I hope the knowledge didn't come from firsthand experience
(PS:best username evar. My last year of undergrad I got to use a System/360 Model 30 with 16k of core memory...the guy in charge was surprised I knew that a "coredump" came from early unix systems having core memory. Yes, he had to smack the memory to fix the bits)
The Following User Says Thank You to bakedpatato For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bakedpatato Ad-Free
9th March 2013, 08:46 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The second I change my port setting to CP USB I can't see my LGE MOBILE USB MODEM settings. When I right click it I just get an hour glass.
11th March 2013, 01:55 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scsikid

The second I change my port setting to CP USB I can't see my LGE MOBILE USB MODEM settings. When I right click it I just get an hour glass.

sound like the drivers either aren't installed or not installed properly. Reinstall the LG drivers.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
imei, imei fix, imei missing, imei repair, imei zeros
Previous Thread Next Thread