FORUMS

Every time I make a second partition the phone does not recognize SD card

111 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By itsup, Senior Member on 22nd October 2012, 09:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have tested this a couple times. If I have a second partition, FAT32 ext4 or unformated, the phone will say there is no SD card. As soon as I delete the second partition the phone recognizes the SD card and I can access the data I had previously stored on it. What the hell is going on? I want to use Link2SD and that is why I'm trying to make a second partition.
22nd October 2012, 10:49 AM |#2  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 29

More
are you doing that with a card reader?
22nd October 2012, 11:27 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
i think the easiest way to make partition on your sd card are with CWM,simple+easy and fast,,,sorry for my bad english
22nd October 2012, 08:39 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul955

are you doing that with a card reader?

Yes
22nd October 2012, 08:41 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZETREK

i think the easiest way to make partition on your sd card are with CWM,simple+easy and fast,,,sorry for my bad english

Can you please explain the steps? I searched CWM in the app store but nothing with it's exact name was there. For example x-Parts says it will install CWM into the system so do I actually install x-Parts? Then do what?
22nd October 2012, 09:05 PM |#6  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 62

More
use minitool partition program and remeber is the partitions are both FAT, format one as promary and the latter as secondary, if the second one is ext2-3-4 label both as primary, always set cluster values as default
23rd October 2012, 01:12 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.SAM88

use minitool partition program and remeber is the partitions are both FAT, format one as promary and the latter as secondary, if the second one is ext2-3-4 label both as primary, always set cluster values as default

That's what I've been using and it doesn't work as soon as I make the second partition.
24th October 2012, 04:18 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Silly me, I wasn't making the second partition primary. Why must it be primary and how is it possible to have two primary partitions?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)