FORUMS

[Q] ExTERNAL DAC FOR N7000

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By mardulis, Junior Member on 22nd October 2012, 10:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello!

Anybody with a JB 4.1.1 ROM got a running external dac on the n7000 ?

ie Fiio E7.

Thanks!
23rd October 2012, 09:15 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Does 4.1.1 provide digital audio output from note? If so, would it be possible to connect it to stereo system using usb cable? I have Denon micro system and it has usb plug so you can plug in iPhone or iPad and it sounded great when I tryed it. If same thing would be possible with my note I would love it.
23rd October 2012, 08:53 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsungi5500

Does 4.1.1 provide digital audio output from note? If so, would it be possible to connect it to stereo system using usb cable? I have Denon micro system and it has usb plug so you can plug in iPhone or iPad and it sounded great when I tryed it. If same thing would be possible with my note I would love it.

I know that the I9300 and the N7100 have a digital unprocessed line-out that you can connect to various digital devices and they can be used as a DAC.

I just wonder, if this feature has any hardware limitations or it's just the JB ROM?

If you have the USB HOST cable you can try connecting it to your DENON.
The Following User Says Thank You to mardulis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mardulis Ad-Free
20th December 2012, 11:11 AM |#4  
Peterborough
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mardulis

I know that the I9300 and the N7100 have a digital unprocessed line-out that you can connect to various digital devices and they can be used as a DAC.

I just wonder, if this feature has any hardware limitations or it's just the JB ROM?

If you have the USB HOST cable you can try connecting it to your DENON.

I recieved my cable yesterday but cannot find how to use the n7000 as a host. The sound still comes out through the phone speaker and nothing through the DAC.
Audio revolution will record to the phone via usb. Usb audio tester recognises my headphone dac as burr brown, but not able to utilise for audio transfer from phone to dac yet.

My current rom is "Ultimate N7000 XXLSC JellyBean 4.1.2 v5.1"

Has anyone had success with any other rom or kernel ?
22nd December 2012, 09:32 AM |#5  

More
Damm I'd love it worked. I want a dac on m'y note , yamaha sucks.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-N7000 avec Tapatalk
4th January 2013, 03:55 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I'm also interested in this matter, I would like to have better audio.

Awaiting the results of their experience
4th January 2013, 08:57 PM |#7  

More
+1
5th January 2013, 01:04 AM |#8  
Flag St. Gallen
Thanks Meter: 227

More
Have you activated audio output in the settings under System/Dock?

Sent from my revived Galaxy Note
18th January 2013, 07:44 AM |#9  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Note N7000 to Denon AVR
I don't have a DAC but a Denon 1312 AVR with no USB. However, I connect the Note N7000 to the AVR via HDMI using the MHL Connector. Works great and gives near lossless audio when I play FLAC.
The Following User Says Thank You to geoux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geoux Ad-Free
20th January 2013, 11:43 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
+1
28th March 2013, 11:35 PM |#11  
Southport
Thanks Meter: 187

More
Re: [Q] ExTERNAL DAC FOR N7000
I have a fiio dac but can't use it with the note. There's no digital signal output to attach it to. Trust me. I've looked into it. I have to make do with using the headphone amp only, which is still a great improvement.

Sent from BOX13.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)