FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Apps to SDCard - Galaxy Note 2

69 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

Post Reply Email Thread
Hello

I am totally new user of Android. Using Galaxy Note 2. I have just rooted it. Can any one tell me how can I move apps or at least force new installations to SDCard?

I have used Odin Root method.

Also have tried almost all appstoSD apps on play store.

Regards

23rd October 2012, 03:07 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 182

More
I assume you did install an sd card. So what problem are you having with apps like Apps2Sd? Did you go to settings/applications and move them there?
23rd October 2012, 03:18 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Rajkot

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed Dignazio

I assume you did install an sd card. So what problem are you having with apps like Apps2Sd? Did you go to settings/applications and move them there?

It doest work and any other apps which says it will bring "move to SD" also dont work.

Yes I do go to setting and than application and than application details.. There is no such move to sd button.

Directory bind also not working..
23rd October 2012, 04:35 PM |#4  

More
What size sd card did you put in??
23rd October 2012, 04:42 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Rajkot

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

What size sd card did you put in??

64GB.. I don't think small will work too.. As I am seeing such problem with other users and even with S 3 users too..

Any solution for this?

I have tried 8GB card too still not working.
23rd October 2012, 04:57 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RakeshRaja

64GB.. I don't think small will work too.. As I am seeing such problem with other users and even with S 3 users too..

Any solution for this?

I have tried 8GB card too still not working.

Well the more I read the more I see others having the same issue and may be a Jelly Bean issue.
"The ability is taken out in devices launched with ICS/JB, devices updated to ICS/JB still have the ability to move apps to SD it seems"

I think you can still do it if your rooted though with Link2SD . Anybody else care to chime in??
May make me change my mind about the 16GB version.
BUT, I am pretty sure 16 GB is plenty of internal space for apps!
23rd October 2012, 05:05 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Rajkot

Donate to Me
More
I have tried almost all popular app2sd apps.. Link2SD is also included.

Even have tried Android SDK and used setlocaton method too.

Quote:

Well the more I read the more I see others having the same issue and may be a Jelly Bean issue.
"The ability is taken out in devices launched with ICS/JB, devices updated to ICS/JB still have the ability to move apps to SD it seems"

I think you can still do it if your rooted though with Link2SD . Anybody else care to chime in??
May make me change my mind about the 16GB version.
BUT, I am pretty sure 16 GB is plenty of internal space for apps!

23rd October 2012, 09:09 PM |#8  
Flag Undershire
Thanks Meter: 200

Donate to Me
More
ATM the only solution is directory bind, bund I haven't tried it as I find it cumbersome to use from reading users' input on this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1889550
The Following User Says Thank You to nm8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nm8 Ad-Free
25th October 2012, 08:08 AM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Rajkot

Donate to Me
More
This works great now.. but thing is that its too restrive .. it work only on SDCard folder.. Its not working for any other folder..

"data" folder where all apps and app data stays.. we need to work Directoryblind for that and which is not working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm8

ATM the only solution is directory bind, bund I haven't tried it as I find it cumbersome to use from reading users' input on this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1889550

25th October 2012, 06:22 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Thumbs down No way
After trading-in a Note I in exchange for a Note II, I had to return my Note II to the store, and did the same a week later with my S III.

I see no point at all having a device that just a week after purchase showed the message: "not enough memory to update your apps".

After lots of reading and asking the techs from the store, I found there is no solution, since this is currently a Samsung desition to block this option completely out on their new models, furthermore, they even say it has been done on Google's request.

So wellcome back my HD2.

It's a shame, i'll stay away from Samsung products as far as I can.

Regards.
The Following User Says Thank You to Looking Glass For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Looking Glass Ad-Free
25th October 2012, 06:29 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Rajkot

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking Glass

After trading-in a Note I in exchange for a Note II, I had to return my Note II to the store, and did the same a week later with my S III.

I see no point at all having a device tha just a week after purchase showed the message: "not enough memory to update your apps".

After lots of reading and asking the techs form the store, I found there is no solution, since this is currently a Samsung desition to block this option completely out on their new models, furthermore, they even say it has been done on Google's request.

So wellcome back my HD2.

It's a shame, i'll stay away from Samsung products as far as I can.

Regards.

Shame Samsung.. I have to live with this.. because I really cant sell note 2...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)