I have been running my own 240 DPI rom for a few days now. I thought I best share this as the Note II looks great in 240 DPI vs 320 DPI icons and text are so big you think the phone made for oldies!
Battery Plus, is a cut down lite rom. No bloatware. Focused on three things.
Good speed, better than stock battery life with 240 DPI goodness!
- XXALJ3 Base
- 15 toggles
- 4 way reboot (Recovery, download or reboot)
- Undervolted GPU/CPU (Mild undervolt to help improve batter life without loosing stability)
- GPU set to scale from 108 to 533 Mhz
- init.d support
- Fixed 240 DPI camera app
- Fixed 240 DPI touchwiz (Does not support Spen short cutsor Page buddy for now, recommended using Nova or Apex launchers as they suit 240 DPI better)
- Ram tweaks
- Speed tweaks
- Spen supported
- Over 1.2 GB ram on Boot free.
- Spen speed up (Draws faster)
- Network tweaks for max speed
- Perseus kernel
Battery Plus 0.2v changelog
- Custom Boot animation
- CPU undervolted. Not too agressive to insure it will work on all Exynos4s
- GPU accelerated video
- Mali 400 GPU overclock + undervolting fixed and working as it should.
- Battery logo now shown as a percent
- More free ram on boot.
- Better battery life.
- New lower size Nexus boot animation. (Anyone wanna make the rom a nice boot animation??)
New Patch 1 (46.8 Mb).
- Adds Samsung Text to Speech (English only US/UK)
- Adds FM radio app (Its so small it shouldn't have been removed sorry)
- Zipalign on each boot now to help reduce Ram usage and improve battery life
- GPU set to 533 max, 640 Mhz seems to have little improvement and not worth it.
- Undervolt tweaks.
Working fine but not fitting the screen correctly:
- Tw Dialer
- Tw Calculator
How to install:
Install via CWM, Do a full wipe and format after.
First boot takes 2 minutes. Please be patient.
Recommend, use CWM and delete battery stats. The full charge to get the expected battery increases.
Battery Plus v0.1 (374mb)
Battery Plus v0.2 (354mb)
**NEW**Patch 1 (46.8mb)
For more aggressive or safer undervolting values. Try these: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=70