[KERNEL][ NEO-L ][JB] LuPuS-jB-v10 [LINARO 4.7.3][UPDATED 06-06-13]

3,229 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,521

By wedgess, Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Developer on 27th October 2012, 01:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
LuPuS JellyBean Kernel

First Working JB kernel for NEO-L

Hi, I have kernels for the PLAY and seen as slz.kiev helped me bring the great PACman ROM for Xperia PLAY, Which I then ported to your NEO-L. So I decided to create a more custom Kernel for use withmy PACman ROM for NEO-L. There is more to be added
but for first release you get 25 governors 6 io-schedulers, SLQB memory allocator, a few changes to make
android smoother. It is also built with linaro 4.6 toolchains. And wifi signal and lock on should be increased

This kernel can be used on any JB CM BASED roms as it has its own set of Wifi Modules
Disclaimer

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.. LOL I guess you knew it already.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, you getting dumped or you getting fired because your phone 
* bootloops and alarm does not go off. Please do some research if you have any  
* concerns about features included in my kernel before using it! YOU and only 
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
*/

#ifdef
You have a question post it in the thread,
Instead of Pm'ing me, as other users may
experience you problems
#endif

What Works --
  • Wifi - (flash modules)
    Bluetooth
    Everything Else that works on FXP and any other JB kernel

What doesn't work --
  • ALS (Disabled)
    Anything that doesn't work on FXP and any other JB kernel

Included in kernel

Added Io-schedulers --
  • - Noop
    - Anticipatory
    - Deadline
    - CFQ
    - BFQ
    - SIO

Added Governors --
  • - lagfree
    - brazillianwax
    - smoothass
    - scary
    - savagedzen
    - smartass
    - smartassv2
    - interactivex
    - minmax
    - + the 5or6 that are there with FXP

Lulzactive - Thanks to Tegrak
    Based on Interactive and Smartass. When workload is greater than or equal to 60%, the governor scales up
    CPU to next higher step. When workload is less than 60%, governor scales down CPU to next lower step.
    When screen is off, frequency is locked to global scaling minimum frequency

Virtuous
    Virtuous is a modded smartassV2 which gives even more battery time then smartassV2

Intellidemand - Thanks to faux123
    This is an intelligent ondemand that enters browsing mode to limit max frequency when GPU is idling,
    and (exits browsing mode) behaves like ondemand when GPU is busy; to deliver performance for gaming and such.
    Intellidemand does not jump to highest frequency when screen is off.

Lazy - Thanks to Ezekeel
    The Idea here is to eliminate any instabilities caused by fast frequency switching by ondemand.
    Lazy governor polls more often than ondemand, but changes frequency only after completing min_time_state
    on a step overriding sampling interval.
    Lazy also has a screenoff_maxfreq parameter which when enabled will cause the governor to always
    select the maximum frequency while the screen is off.

-Ondemandx:
    Basically an ondemand with suspend/wake profiles. This governor is supposed to be a battery friendly ondemand. When screen is off, max frequency is capped at 500 mhz. Even though ondemand is the default governor in many kernel and is considered safe/stable, the support for ondemand/ondemandX depends on CPU capability to do fast frequency switching which are very low latency frequency transitions. I have read somewhere that the performance of ondemand/ondemandx were significantly varying for different i/o schedulers. This is not true for most of the other governors. I personally feel ondemand/ondemandx goes best with SIO I/O scheduler.

-Lionheart:
    Is a conservative-based governor. The tunables (such as the thresholds and sampling rate) were changed so the governor behaves more like the performance one, at the cost of battery as the scaling is very aggressive.

To 'experience' Lionheart using conservative, try these tweaks:
    sampling_rate:10000 or 20000 or 50000, whichever you feel is safer. (transition latency of the CPU is something below 10ms/10,000uS hence using 10,000 might not be safe).
    up_threshold:60
    down_threshold:30
    freq_step:5
    Lionheart goes well with deadline i/o scheduler. When it comes to smoothness (not considering battery drain), a tuned conservative delivers more as compared to a tuned ondemand.

BadAss Governor:
    Badass removes all of this "fast peaking" to the max frequency. Badass will also take the gpu load into consideration. If the gpu is moderately busy it will bypass the above check and clock the cpu with 1024Mhz. If the gpu is crushed under load, badass will lift the restrictions to the cpu.

Superbad -
    A "superbad" super smooth rendition of a highly optimized "smartass" governor!

Darkside -
    A "slightly more agressive smart" optimized governor!

What else-----
  • -SLQB - (SLAB allocator with Queue)-(both)
    This memory allocator is designed for small number of CPUs system (such as desktop or smart phone devices). This allocator is design to be simple and it is optimized for using order-0 pages as much as possible (order-0 pages are the simplest therefore quickest type of memory in a Linux system to allocate).

- Added Cleancache
    - Updated zRam
    - Lzo compression/decompression speed doubled on average

--When phone vibrates tap the vol-down key to enter Multiboot menu

I would like to say a big thanks to -
  • paxChristos - Tutorial / Help
    FXP - Sources
    Cyanogenmod - Souces
    DooMLoRD - Everything he's done for XPeria's
    CosmicDan - Multiboot
    Supervenom - For the amazing AOKP rom
    Solomon4400 - For helping me test
    tempest918 - For the New Logo
    xeozus
    NobodyAtAll
    Faux123
    Erasmus
    Leedroid
    Jerpelea
    CTCaer
    Anyone missing please PM me

Please Click Thanks

Kernel sources -b jellybean
https://github.com/garwedgess/semc-kernel-msm7x30
The Following 112 Users Say Thank You to wedgess For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wedgess Ad-Free
27th October 2012, 01:41 PM |#2  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Dublin, Ireland

Donate to Me
More
LuPuS-Jellybean-DOWNLOADS

Changelog ...............

Code:
[v1] - Initial release - 25 Governors - 6 Io-Schedulers - SLQB memory allocator - Built with linaro 4.6 toolchains - Swap - Zram enabled - Custom voltage control supported - Supports USB OTG - Supports ext2, 3 & 4 v2 - Changed to compressed zImage - New CPU-freq table supports OC upto 2ghz untested after 1.7 - Diasabled my disabling of sched feauture :P - Changes to worfk with PAC v2 - V3 changelog - Updated to latest FXP sources - Updated GENLOCK (FXP) - Added cleancache - Re - Enabled CIFS - Disable ALS V4 changes - Fixed battery dran - Updated SIO IO-schedule - Reverted 2ghz to 1.6ghz - Updated LZO compression / Decompression - Further optimzed v5 changes - BOOTs BOTH CM9 BASED and CM10 BASED - Recovery Fixed no more "DANCING" Thanks @Skritchz - Added Tiny RCU - Added Custom partition sizes ~ Thanks @CosmicDan - Patched LZO - Updated to Linaro 4.7 toolchain - Changed to Google snappy compression/decompression - Wifi Modules included ~ Thanks @CosmicDan - TWRP recovery (fully touch) - Enabled USB tether - Disabled gentle_fair_sleepers - Updated video drivers - Added memcopy - Added compaction - Backported binder changes - Lowered vfs_cache_pressure - LMK (lowmemorykiller) optimizations - All latest multiboot changes from [B @CosmicDan huge thanks[/B] - Moved 30MB from userdata to system. NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE UPGRADING YOUR KERNEL. -Thanks @CosmicDan v6 - Latest MultiBoot Changes ---- Huge Thanks @CosmicDan - Built with Linaro 4.7.3 (02-01-2013) - Fix Entropy Depleting (no more depleting) - Thanks @ Kees Cook - Fix PageHead - Fix binder. use of uninitialized variable. - Fix kernel/net Memory Leaks - Eliminate kstrdup memory leak - Makefile optimisations (snapdragon & neon) - Thanks at Paul678 - Tweaked permormance on interactive governor - Thanks at Paul678 - Tweaked SIO io sched - Thanks at Paul678 - Free'd some RAM from loggers - Reduce swappiness - ipv4: force_igmp_version ignored when a IGMPv3 query received - enable ipsec tunnel support in kernel (Latest FXP Change) - ARM7 optimsations + more in config V7, v8 & v9 --- unreleased
v10 - Added option to enable Quick Key Reset (enable / disable via LuPuS Menu) - Tuned Governors * superbad * lionheart * virtuous * darkside * conservative * smartassH3 - Really use google snappy zRam (improves zRam) - Added zCache - Removed persistent RAM - Removed some more kernel debugging - uninterruptible sleep - Update SIO & CFQ - Added Ultra-KSM - Removed optimized AES & SHA1 routines - Updated TWRP to 2.4.4 *Fixed Mount USB Storage in TWRP - Updated CWM to latest Official CWM source *Removed reboot options *Re-added power off and reboot system now to main menu - Improved wifi-loading scripts - Clean up of lupus menu - Fixed root issue on some devices - Reworked kernel logs (can be found in /data/local/tmp) - Boot.d - If phone is taking a long time to start move suspicious init.d scripts to /system/etc/boot.d They will be run in background and won't affect boot time.

Requirements:
Quote:

• Unlocked Vendor partition (see "Download/Installation" below)
  • System size below 310MB

Downloads

If you like my work please consider buying me a beer or something else
by clicking the DONATE ME button, of course it isn't needed but greatly appreciated and keeps me motivated.

################################################## ################################################## #################

480p
LuPuS_phoenix_jBv10-ram.img
md5 = ca0c9461c17b9abb56325d7eb52fe040

720p
LuPuS_phoenix_jBv10-full.img
md5 = df9b27790877c49c02cb42c8fbd6bd40

If wifi doesnt work flashable zip is attached at the bottom of the post
################################################## ################################################## #################[/LIST]

Quote:

YOU MUST FULLY WIPE via recovery or

Code:
 fastboot erase userdate
fastboot erase system
, the partition map has changed (30MB moved from data to system). You MUST Nandroid Backup before flashing the v5 update, then Nandroid restore after flashing. Otherwise you WILL lose your data.

If your MD5# doesn't match re-download
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to wedgess For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wedgess Ad-Free
27th October 2012, 02:51 PM |#3  
Flag South Borneo
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Thumbs up
Great, dev
Thank u for hard work dev
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IckyXperia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IckyXperia Ad-Free
27th October 2012, 03:23 PM |#4  
Flag Dobrich
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Thanks for bringing the lupus kernel to neo L, but do you plan on making one for the neo and neo V? Great work, otherwise!
The Following User Says Thank You to venoma333 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift venoma333 Ad-Free
27th October 2012, 03:51 PM |#5  
Flag Dublin, Ireland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by venoma333

Thanks for bringing the lupus kernel to neo L, but do you plan on making one for the neo and neo V? Great work, otherwise!

Thanks as of rite now no, but in the next week or 2 yes as cm9 kernel for play is near enough, if not is final as of today. So that will be brought along with a JB kernel to Neo in the coming week +. I have 14 active projects at the moment plus more to be released so finding time when im a one man team is quite difficult

Sent from my GT-I9300 On Official JB
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wedgess For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wedgess Ad-Free
27th October 2012, 03:57 PM |#6  
Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1

More
After flashing kernel, first shall I flash (WiFi-FiX-.zip) or the Rom. and Also in CWM whenever I go up or down the half screen moves to right then again on next click it becomes normal. is it ok?
27th October 2012, 04:11 PM |#7  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 596

More
Nice work

Thanks once the camer is fixed for Xperia Series CM10 with lupus JB kernel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b00tbu9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift b00tbu9 Ad-Free
27th October 2012, 07:22 PM |#8  
Flag Dublin, Ireland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipjones

After flashing kernel, first shall I flash (WiFi-FiX-.zip) or the Rom. and Also in CWM whenever I go up or down the half screen moves to right then again on next click it becomes normal. is it ok?

This a problem with all jb kernels on xperia CWM jumps maybe due to no vsync??

Sent from my GT-I9300 On Official JB
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wedgess For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wedgess Ad-Free
28th October 2012, 01:14 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
My WIFI does not work. When I touched the wifi button to turn it on, but nothing happened.

Did I make a mistake while flashing?
28th October 2012, 01:25 PM |#10  
Flag Dobrich
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnami

My WIFI does not work. When I touched the wifi button to turn it on, but nothing happened.

Did I make a mistake while flashing?

Did you flash the WiFi fix from the second post?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to venoma333 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift venoma333 Ad-Free
28th October 2012, 01:39 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

Yes. I flashed it.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Quote:

I did a full wipe once, then flashed the wifi.

Now it works.

Thanks.

Sorry to bother you all.
The Following User Says Thank You to ctnami For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ctnami Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)